This Week in Battlefield V

Disable anti-aliasing

2»

Comments

• BlackWolf
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, motion blur was at 1%.
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    jasonvp wrote: »
    BlackWolf wrote: »
    Doesn't is the same engine that battlefield 1?

No. It's based off the same engine as BF2 (2017). Both are Frostbite, but the BF2 engine is a bit more tweaked.
    BF2??? You mean Battlefront2?

BF2 (2005) fan on Refractor 2 engine.

BF3 - Frostbite 2
    BF4 - Frostbite 3
    BF1 - Frostbite 3
    BFV - Frostbite 3
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Folks -

We can keep posting about this until we're collectively blue in the face. It's not going to happen. TAA is, unfortunately, integral to this version of the Frostbite engine. Much the same way as it was with the recent Battlefront II (2017). You're not ever going to be able to disable it; Dice has said as much. Not unless they completely pull the engine apart and re-write it.

Yes. Frostbite 3, but EA/DICE keeps tampering with the engine to keep their main ($$$$$) popularity, the console players.

You can only set it to low.

• jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 wrote: »
    You mean Battlefront2?

I figured by the simple fact that I put (2017) after it, that it would be obvious. Yes, I meant that PoS game Battlefront II (2017).
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, we should be able to disable AA.
  • SgtStav
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    any news on this front?
    want option to turn off this.
  • slothbuns64
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly I haven't heard anything about it
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 This in user.cfg ( and motion blur 1% ) disables taa?
  • slothbuns64
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but doesn't work for amd which is what I have
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Wikstone wrote: »
    WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 This in user.cfg ( and motion blur 1% ) disables taa?

Yeah, the very second you change motion blur to 0 it forces TAA back on.
  • Stry8993
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried the user.cfg fix, entire screen is just black.
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FookDat wrote: »
    IF anti aliasing is slowing your PC down that much, get a better PC.

i7, 24gb ram, sata m.2 480gb, geforce GTX 1080, I play the game in ultra, but vou can see a poor performance.

I've never seen poor performance from it, please explain.... It actually help to make objects look better..I have used it in every game that had it since i have been playing computer games. If your computer is up to the challenge you will not see a performance impact.
  • BlackWolf
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That is a laptop, and it have a 17 inch display, and 2k of resolution, when we activat the anti-aliasing, the image become blurry, because the 2k display and 17 inch is small, and the resolution is high, so the image become very bluried. 17inch+2k=blurry
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Stry8993 wrote: »
    Tried the user.cfg fix, entire screen is just black.

Make sure you're using DX11.
  • ragnarok013
    3207 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EXILE157 wrote: »

No. It's based off the same engine as BF2 (2017). Both are Frostbite, but the BF2 engine is a bit more tweaked.
    BF2??? You mean Battlefront2?

BF2 (2005) fan on Refractor 2 engine.

BF3 - Frostbite 2
    BF4 - Frostbite 3
    BF1 - Frostbite 3
    BFV - Frostbite 3

He probably did, that's why we generally refer to Battlefront 2 with the abbreviation SWBF2 where the SW means "Star Wars" so it's not confused with Battlefield 2.