"Low" FPS with i7 8700 and GTX 970

SgtSnuffles6
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have a 144hz screen. I know you are going to say that gtx 970 isn't good enough for a screen like that but I'm playing on lowest settings, and as you can see in the video the GPU isn't the problem because the GPU usage is really low

something else causes the GPU and CPU to only work at 60-70% and therefore the FPS drops

I have a 144hz screen, and I shouldn't get drops to 90FPS with a CPU like that and on lowest settings

and even if i lower my resolution scale to 25% the FPS stays the same (but the GPU usage dorps obviously)

Comments

• narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have same video card and a 9700k and I have the same problem
  • xStamm
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!
    I have the same settings as you (i7 8700 with gtx 970) and the only way my gpu uses 99% is by enabling the option to render future frames.
  • SgtSnuffles6
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    xStamm wrote: »
    Hey there!
    I have the same settings as you (i7 8700 with gtx 970) and the only way my gpu uses 99% is by enabling the option to render future frames.
    hello
    This is with future frames rendering enabled already

Can you tell me how much FPS you're getting on lowest settings? even lowest resolution scale?
  • PvtPart5
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I replied to your other post. Go check that one
  • S1n31ra
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same issue with i7- 9700k and GTX 1080 Ti.
    The performance isn't following any logic and isn't easy to get right.
    - If I turn on everything the GPU goes to 100% and I get performance issues due to that.
    - If I set it to LOW-low latency it usually works fine, and then suddenly I get performance issues where the CPU goes to 100%.
    - If I set a middle level but selected set of graphic setting to lower the GPU load to 75% then the CPU will still spike randomly and for long periods of time.

I have not found any set of settings enabling me reliable and playable performance with this game. When the GPU or CPU goes to 100% I start losing gun fights because the GM freezes or micro freezes.
    It's never been this bad, and I have played every BF game since BF2 (except hardline ...).
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    for the last time.... this game was designed on older equipment. none of your latest and greatest equipment was even thought of more less out when they started this game. there is a reason my first gen I7 does better then the new 9700k, she wasn't even in production. there was no way they could quantify the outcome for said chips, and many others for that matter. wait for an update..... It will come.
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A 970 has 4GB of memory, BF V uses more than that at peak usage when I am playing at 1080p on custom settings. If that is happening it will start using RAM which is slower and creates other issues.
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kajjal wrote: »
    A 970 has 4GB of memory, BF V uses more than that at peak usage when I am playing at 1080p on custom settings. If that is happening it will start using RAM which is slower and creates other issues.

plus a 970 is not that good for gaming at all..... i think an xbox1 has about the same power these days.
  • SgtSnuffles6
    for the last time.... this game was designed on older equipment. none of your latest and greatest equipment was even thought of more less out when they started this game. there is a reason my first gen I7 does better then the new 9700k, she wasn't even in production. there was no way they could quantify the outcome for said chips, and many others for that matter. wait for an update..... It will come.

the game just came out?