New gaming rig

9IronKiller
63 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 5
Soooo the various parcels have all arrived and before I build my first gaming rig does not anyone with experience have any suggestions on things to watch out for or something I’ve forgotten
Thermaltake 32 rgb housing
Intel i7-9700k 3.6
GPU EVGA rtx 2070 xc ultra
Gigabyte Auros pro MOBO
Corsair 3200 ddr4 2 x 8gb RAM
Themaltake 850 Gold power
Noctua d15 fan
Samsung ssd m2 nvme (actually have 2)

Thanks
Post edited by 9IronKiller on

Comments

• EvoCyberNation
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    Your computer's descrption doesn't show aany graphics card(s). I'm sure you purchased one.

- The Ram will be, per factory settings, at 2666Mhz. You can overlock it, through bios, to 3200Mhz (past the 2666Mhz point).

- The motherboard allows Dual Channel Ram to be used. Make sure to put a Ram stick in the 1st and 3rd slots. Go into your bios and make sure that the ram is showing up as (dual channel). If not, switch the Ram, on the 3rd slot, to the 2nd slot.

- The Noctoua D15 is amazing! I recommend hooking up your power cable first. Place that out of the way, then work on the rest. When you put on the fans, they can be a pain. If you need to undo a fan, go for the wire hinge. I can take a picture, if you need it, on what I'm talking about. Some Ram slots will force you to move the first fan up some.

- The intel processor can be overclocked. That's up to you if you want to do it or not. Anytime you overlclock anything, you're voiding warranties and decreasing the life span of your components.

Besides that, everything looks good to me!
  • Gen_Ch0pper
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a similar PC and my advise is to keep an eye on thermals. Good airflow in the pc case and little clutter. Remember to enable XMP profiles unless you do manual OC. Your cpu should hit 60C in games and less than 70C in stress testing, at most.

Also keep in mind that m2 nvme drive slots share lanes with the pci-e so if you have two of them, one will probably share bandwidth with the GPU. Check your mobo manual.
  • 9IronKiller
    63 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks guys. Yes I have a gpu....the EVGA Rex 2070 xc ultra
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Soooo the various parcels have all arrived and before I build my first gaming rig does not anyone with experience have any suggestions on things to watch out for or something I’ve forgotten
    Thermaltake 32 rgb housing
    Intel i7-9700k 3.6
    Gigabyte Auros pro MOBO
    Corsair 3200 ddr4 2 x 8gb RAM
    Themaltake 850 Gold power
    Noctua d15 fan
    Samsung ssd m2 nvme (actually have 2)

Thanks

no gpu in there.
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this game was not designed on any new architecture, no matter what new equipment you buy you will still experience problems. a simple search will validate my answer. good luck.
  • Mik3Deuce
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this game was not designed on any new architecture, no matter what new equipment you buy you will still experience problems. a simple search will validate my answer. good luck.

Just built a new PC almost just like this, and have zero issues with the game. Only “problems” I had before were due to the old pc.