Kicked by Punkbuster (MULTIHACK) #74004

Comments

• Pnoce4ua2
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well, EvenBalance said it wasn't an error for me which is complete bs since I wasn't hacking. What should I do, call EA and explain the problem?

Go to the Better business bureau like I did. All we can do is make it as public as possible. I Am still going back and forth with the person at EB through the BBB. The name says Tony Ray, but I doubt he is the one responding.

"Tony Ray founded Even Balance to develop PunkBuster after his experience with cheaters on Team Fortress Classic."
  • Pnoce4ua2
    Also- When I was banned, how long prior to the ban did this occurrence supposedly take place? Was it the last time I had played or was it at some other time, can they narrow it down to an exact time?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11469 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Pnoce4ua2

You could have been caught during a "banwave" meaning that detection may not have been recent.

Many people wrongly believe that PB will ban the very second you load in, But it can also silently log questionable software used by your account days, weeks and even months before the ban finally takes place.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    Also, I just read over on reddit the following, "... EA, Battlefield, DICE no longer use PunkBuster for new games ..."

Is this true?
  • martyboy182
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yup, Battlefield V does not use it and I believe Battlefield 1 neither.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    @Pnoce4ua2

You could have been caught during a "banwave" meaning that detection may not have been recent.

Many people wrongly believe that PB will ban the very second you load in, But it can also silently log questionable software used by your account days, weeks and even months before the ban finally takes place.

Ah, another vague explanation. Also, I wasn't "caught" I AM a completely innocent person, Have I mentioned that?

• Pnoce4ua2
    Yup, Battlefield V does not use it and I believe Battlefield 1 neither.

OK, well this give more weight to the "outdated software making mistakes" take. Now it makes more sense. So is punkbuster going by the wayside?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11469 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Pnoce4ua2 wrote: »
    Also, I wasn't "caught" I AM a completely innocent person, Have I mentioned that?

When I say "you were caught", I'm referring to your account, I should have clarified.
    Also, I just read over on reddit the following, "... EA, Battlefield, DICE no longer use PunkBuster for new games ..."

Is this true?

BF1 and BFV uses a server side anticheat rather than client side AC's such as PB.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    Also, I wasn't "caught" I AM a completely innocent person, Have I mentioned that?

When I say "you were caught", I'm referring to your account, I should have clarified.

Wow! Really? OK, Let me clarify....My account Wasn't "Caught" ....My IP wasn't "caught" My PC wasn't "caught" This was a complete mistake on old man outdated Punkbuster. Even Balance, was in error, Totally! Even balance found NOTHING as there was nothing. Have I mentioned that?
  • Frogtooth
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The folks posting are pretty aware of how PB works. And what's going on now is something very completely different. For months it was just a vague suspicion that something was wrong. Then it grew into a probability. And by now it's a certainty. People are being falsely banned in large numbers.
    EB changed how they do things months ago and stated it was intended to make it harder for cheat authors to know when and how they were being detected. The side effect of that appears to be that EB cannot tell, either, when bans are incorrectly made.
    It needs fixin' and it needs fixin' quickly before they destroy what's left of BF4.
  • Georgfranko
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    MULTIHACK ? Well welcome to the Club of the Banned without reason. I was Banned 3 years ago because of some Multi hack BS i have never used. Still playng tho , just i dont have access to all severs. Ice spoken to Everbalance and they will do nothing. Thank god there are Private servers with real Admins.
  • BeR3al
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 8
    Me too now on BF4! I got the exact same f-ing reason of getting kicked. Multihack 74004 bs. Never cheated and never will. About two weeks ago I was still able to play and all of a sudden instant kick. I formatted my HDD and reinstalled Windows on my SSD with deleting everything, nothing helps! I guess some exploits are used. Already filed for an appeal, but basically I already know I'm screwed. :( There goes almost 900 hours of gameplay.
  • II_Raphaeluss_II
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hello, the case with EB goes terribly slow... I got only one answer to paste the contents of pbcl.log and again 4 days of silence.
    What to do when on PBbans shows me that I do not have a global ban: The entered GUID is not globally banned by Even Balance.
    But every time when logging to bf4 I get info about a PB filter for 2 minutes for (GAMEHACK) # 81664 even though I do not have, nor did I have any software of this type?
    Wait for EB decisions or try to withdraw the ban on the PBBans website?
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same here. Still banned. Oh well. I figure I got my monies worth out of the game while it lasted.

So long.
  • T3h_HitmAN_90
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 9
    It feeds into EA's balance sheet because it's money for old rope knowing most people will just go "meh" and buy another title, hence why EvenBalance aren't responding because they know there aren't repercussions from their client or retail gamers. It's probably tightly regulated as if they were to false ban 75% of the entire community they'd be alarm bells, so banning small pockets at a time appears an effective strategy from them.

I have submitted a number of tickets to EA after realising EvenBalance weren't going to bother responding, and each time EA just tell me to contact EvenBalance, completely failing to grasp my informing them that they aren't responding.

Good thing there are other games in the industry eh...
  • osakai_PL_
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 11
    Welcome everyone. I do not want to believe that EA could do what T3h_HitmAN_90 suggests. However, so-far everything indicates that they want to effectively discourage us. They know that a single player will not win anything with a large company. I am waiting for an explanation from EB almost a month.. I think I would deal faster if I went to them on foot and asked personally :). Maybe they have shortages of staff or drink a warm coffee or their computer broke down and they can not afford a second lol <sorry for my English>
  • Machette1963
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    It feeds into EA's balance sheet because it's money for old rope knowing most people will just go "meh" and buy another title, hence why EvenBalance aren't responding because they know there aren't repercussions from their client or retail gamers. It's probably tightly regulated as if they were to false ban 75% of the entire community they'd be alarm bells, so banning small pockets at a time appears an effective strategy from them.

I have submitted a number of tickets to EA after realising EvenBalance weren't going to bother responding, and each time EA just tell me to contact EvenBalance, completely failing to grasp my informing them that they aren't responding.

Good thing there are other games in the industry eh...

Agreed.
  • hudsonhack
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 12
    Honnestly, the reasons for bans on punkbuster are probably hilarious, they never gave me a straight awnser, I was banned because of reports. Reports of what?

I can honnestly say that I never hacked in this game or any other game really. I might have gotten hilarious long killstreaks several times, but if being awesome is proof of hacking, then clearly I'm guilty, the name is obviously a taunt. Maybe that's why they banned me?

Also still looking on the actual way of getting unbanned, because I loved bf4, and obviously I will never want to play any other bf game.
  • Machette1963
    hudsonhack wrote: »
    Honnestly, the reasons for bans on punkbuster are probably hilarious, they never gave me a straight awnser, I was banned because of reports. Reports of what?

I can honnestly say that I never hacked in this game or any other game really. I might have gotten hilarious long killstreaks several times, but if being awesome is proof of hacking, then clearly I'm guilty, the name is obviously a taunt. Maybe that's why they banned me?

Also still looking on the actual way of getting unbanned, because I loved bf4, and obviously I will never want to play any other bf game.

Your the type they like to ban, because you will run out and get new UIID (perfect type).
  • Machette1963
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Same here. Still banned. Oh well. I figure I got my monies worth out of the game while it lasted.

So long.

I am with you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!