Smoke launcher nerf???

Reaper1032
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So the smoke launcher now has to have a 5-8m launch to activate but the frag launcher doesnt? Why is the grenade spam never tackled but shooting smokes at your feet is suddenly OP? Explain the reasoning, im confused.

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    🤦🏼‍♂️

Coz obviously medics are super OP right now
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know which idiot comes up with this stuff
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I think it's dumb, but the idea is that you should shoot smoke at the enemy, not yourself. The amount of times I've seen medics shoot smoke on the person they're reviving, only to be killed by a LMG or MMG is ridiculous. All you're doing is making it known what your position is, and giving the enemy a clear sight to aim from.

Now I'm not 100% sure that's they're reasoning for it, but it makes sense if it is. But again, I don't agree with it, because its still just kinda dumb.

Also, grenade rifles shouldnt have a minimum impact zone, but they should have more damage against the persom shooting it 2m away from themselves.
  • Reaper1032
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Well, I think it's dumb, but the idea is that you should shoot smoke at the enemy, not yourself. The amount of times I've seen medics shoot smoke on the person they're reviving, only to be killed by a LMG or MMG is ridiculous. All you're doing is making it known what your position is, and giving the enemy a clear sight to aim from.

Now I'm not 100% sure that's they're reasoning for it, but it makes sense if it is. But again, I don't agree with it, because its still just kinda dumb.

Also, grenade rifles shouldnt have a minimum impact zone, but they should have more damage against the persom shooting it 2m away from themselves.

You obviously dont play medic much if you think that. Smoke strategy is about layering the smoke and knowing when to use it for revives and pushing. Why throw smoke on a position you're advancing on? Theyll just sit and wait for you to come through. Instant smoke screens meant medics could get out of any situation if they were good and not face with a bipod LMG.
  • lionking7001
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Reason and medic class?? There is no reason for nothing. Dice just hate the medic class and try their best to make people not use it. My advice is that you choose assault or support then you don't need smoke, you can actually kill people instead. Maybe you can have a fire grenade so you can block a doorway if you want to revive.
  • DingoKillr
    4348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Simple Trolling and misfires.
    Smoke close by only has visual impact but effects everyone.
    Frag close by can kill the user and not impact team mates.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've never been shot during a revive in a smoke screen - never. Enemy seems not to waste ammo shooting at smoke.
    The smoke launcher is the best gadget in breakthrough on the attacking team making the medic the most important class.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reaper1032 wrote: »

You obviously dont play medic much if you think that. Smoke strategy is about layering the smoke and knowing when to use it for revives and pushing. Why throw smoke on a position you're advancing on? Theyll just sit and wait for you to come through. Instant smoke screens meant medics could get out of any situation if they were good and not face with a bipod LMG.

Level 20 Medic actually, and I've been using smokes that way forever.

The best way to use smoke is to throw/shoot it on enemy positions, that way they're blind on where they need to fire. If you throw smoke on yourself, you're blind, and when you leave the smoke, you'll pop out of it, making you easier to spot and shoot.

Again, I agree with you that making the smoke rifle have a minimum impact distance, where it wont work otherwise, is dumb, but, you also seem to use smoke grenades in a different way than I do, a way which I think is wrong. So to you, it's a really bad change, but to me, it makes sense, because then you need to use smoke rifles in a more effective way.
  • Reaper1032
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Simple Trolling and misfires.
    Smoke close by only has visual impact but effects everyone.
    Frag close by can kill the user and not impact team mates.

Smoke has effect on everyone regardless. Blame the dummies, 5m isnt gonna change that in the least bit. I still get smoke screened by teamates while scoped, doesnt matter. Also frag can be shot around corners at 0 range and not effect the user which are 90% of my launcher deaths, it still makes NO sense.
  • hiblake
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    I've never been shot during a revive in a smoke screen - never. Enemy seems not to waste ammo shooting at smoke.
    The smoke launcher is the best gadget in breakthrough on the attacking team making the medic the most important class.

Same, always use it. Shooting smoke at enemies is a good idea in some scenarios but they are moments when somebody is out in the open and you are going to be shot from several directions so covering the person you're going to attempt to revive is the best idea.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reaper1032 wrote: »

Level 20 Medic actually, and I've been using smokes that way forever.

The best way to use smoke is to throw/shoot it on enemy positions, that way they're blind on where they need to fire. If you throw smoke on yourself, you're blind, and when you leave the smoke, you'll pop out of it, making you easier to spot and shoot.

Again, I agree with you that making the smoke rifle have a minimum impact distance, where it wont work otherwise, is dumb, but, you also seem to use smoke grenades in a different way than I do, a way which I think is wrong. So to you, it's a really bad change, but to me, it makes sense, because then you need to use smoke rifles in a more effective way.

Both ways work.... thanks to attrition and painful reload times most opportunents don't bother shooting through spoke, even when I smoke up a revive target.