Weekly Debrief

2 New Catergories

2»

Comments

• DingoKillr
    3557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    DICE should add 2 new weapons catergories to BFV.

Carbine a medium range Medic weapon.
    Silenced SMG/AR/Carbine a short range Recon Weapon

This would expanded the roles of these classes by allowing Medic to be effective on more open maps and allow Recon to actual PTFO aggressively.
    then what's the purpose of Classes in the first place if any one can do the same thing?

What's the purpose of classes when assault can do everything?
    Can they use Spotting scope to provide crucial information about where and how many enemies are? Can they 1 shot headshot enemy at 200m away with super low bullet drop and fastest bullet velocity?
    Can they revive in 3 second? Do they have fastest ADS, best hipfire ability or run the fastest and can equip 5 smoke?
    Can they provide ammo/gadget for teammate? Can they unleash 100 rounds in seconds if they want to area defend? Can they build fortification the fastest and build an MG?

Oh, they don't, they're versatile, a jack of all trades, but that doesn't mean they are the best at doing anything beside destroying vehicles.
    You really need check.

Yes, they can spot or damage vehicle providing crucial spot information, don't need that silly scope.
    No, they can't 1HS 200m away but neither can Recon with super low bullet drop or fastest bullet velocity as they don't have weapons like that.
    They do have fast ADS and hip fire. 1907 SF.
    100 rounds in seconds defend area great and they are dead before reaching that 100.

Also the best at killing Infantry at short to long range.
  • xKusagamix
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

This would expanded the roles of these classes by allowing Medic to be effective on more open maps and allow Recon to actual PTFO aggressively.
    then what's the purpose of Classes in the first place if any one can do the same thing?

Can they use Spotting scope to provide crucial information about where and how many enemies are? Can they 1 shot headshot enemy at 200m away with super low bullet drop and fastest bullet velocity?
    Can they revive in 3 second? Do they have fastest ADS, best hipfire ability or run the fastest and can equip 5 smoke?
    Can they provide ammo/gadget for teammate? Can they unleash 100 rounds in seconds if they want to area defend? Can they build fortification the fastest and build an MG?

Oh, they don't, they're versatile, a jack of all trades, but that doesn't mean they are the best at doing anything beside destroying vehicles.
    You really need check.

Yes, they can spot or damage vehicle providing crucial spot information, don't need that silly scope.
    No, they can't 1HS 200m away but neither can Recon with super low bullet drop or fastest bullet velocity as they don't have weapons like that.
    100 rounds in seconds defend area great and they are dead before reaching that 100.

Oh
    Can they spot infantry/Tank/Plane/Transport at the same time? What even mean "crucial information" when you can just literally one or two vehicles compare with the ability of infinite spot and across the map, enemies that you don't even see of the Recon class, that "silly" spotting scope is much more valuable for you bomber, tank to wipe dozen of enemies to oblivion.
    Fast ADS as Medic class? Not even close with the 1907 SF

and Recon class don't have weapons to 1HS 200m away? My Kar98K didn't think so with a 1 hit head shot from 324m. And so do the other Bolt Action Rifle.

Again, they're versatile but not the best at things that other classes can do, because they're not designed to do so.
  • xKusagamix
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

You really need check.

That "silly scope" can auto spot and provide 3D Spot dozen of enemy's infantry/tank/plane/transport hundreds of meter away at the same time for your bomber/tank to wipe them to oblivion, which sometime you don't even need see. What even mean "crucial spot information" when you can just spot 1 or 2 vehicle/enemy at the same time which is not even 3D spot?
    I'm sorry but are we playing the same game? Because my Kar98K (and so do the other Bolt Action Rifles) with a 1 shot head shot at 324m away didn't think that Recon don't have weapons to 1HS 200m away.
    And the 1907 SF doesn't even come near the time to ADS of SMGs

Again, Assault is versatile, but that doesn't mean they're the best at things that other classes designed to do.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

All of those things are regarding gadgets or class specific traits. Which makes my point exactly.

That's what I was going for with that comment. You said, "then what's the purpose of Classes in the first place if any one can do the same thing?"

Obviously it's the gadgets. Thus it shouldn't matter if the other classes get access to weapons that allow them to perform better in other ranges such as carbines for medic or SMGs for recon. There's still reasons to play the other classes that have nothing to do with their weapons.

As for your comment about low bullet drop at 200 meters, that's not really true. There's more drop in this game at 200 meters than any other BF game. Still, the G43 on assault is still definitely effective at 200 meters. It's not an instant kill, but I think it's easier to land 3 body shots with a rapid firing weapon at long range than a single headshot unless your opponent is just standing still. The G43 also happens to have a faster muzzle velocity than any bolt action in the game at 760 m/s vs the highest bolt action at 700 m/s.

I was expecting you to reply exactly as you did. You literally just answered the original question that you asked which I had quoted. Congratulations.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

u never played bf 4 didnt you? medics in bf 4 had carbines shotguns assault rifles and dmrs also recons had carbines so whats your point?
  • xKusagamix
    edited January 1

u never played bf 4 didnt you? medics in bf 4 had carbines shotguns assault rifles and dmrs also recons had carbines so whats your point?
    Oh, didn't i?
    em7QHfk.png

So i should expect Battlefield 4.5 then?

As for your comment about low bullet drop at 200 meters, that's not really true. There's more drop in this game at 200 meters than any other BF game. Still, the G43 on assault is still definitely effective at 200 meters. It's not an instant kill, but I think it's easier to land 3 body shots with a rapid firing weapon at long range than a single headshot unless your opponent is just standing still. The G43 also happens to have a faster muzzle velocity than any bolt action in the game at 760 m/s vs the highest bolt action at 700 m/s.
    Yes, but i just prove my point about his claim that Recon doesn't have any weapon to 1 hit headshot at 200m away. It's literally the only point to play Bolt Action Rifle. Even 2 body shot kill SLRs need more than 1 headshot to kill at any range.

• DingoKillr
    3557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6

Oh, didn't i?
    em7QHfk.png

So i should expect Battlefield 4.5 then?

Yes, but i just prove my point about his claim that Recon doesn't have any weapon to 1 hit headshot at 200m away. It's literally the only point to play Bolt Action Rifle. Even 2 body shot kill SLRs need more than 1 headshot to kill at any range.
    Actual read what I said. Recon does not have a high velocity or super low drop weapon.

2 stats that actual impact range combat.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sound suppressed weapons for Recon? Yes, please. Can we get some compact suppressed guns like M3 SMG? And Welrod pistol?
  • zoinkersScoob
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    About class specific tasks.

An enemy spotted by a scout get a tiny red dot above his head while someone supressed by an Assault lights up the full screen like fireworks.

So, assault can spot in a way that would translate to scouts Flare would give all team mates full ammo.

Yes I’m bitter and envious.

That said I like the scope, it’s really usefull when you play in a communicating squad or just lie long way sniping, which is rarely beneficial to your team.
    But it feels wrong that Support gets such giant-you-can’t-avoid-to-see-icons.

I’d also like to say that the scope is good for the PTFO scout.
    The PTFO.
    Not the flagcapper.
    There are other aspects of PTFO.

When you go to a good place it makes it way easier for the rest of your squad to stay alert on enemies closing in.
    While they cap the flag with all their fasty guns and bombs and stuff.