Weekly Debrief

Limited time for RUSH and only 3 maps? Are they for real?

DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited January 15
Hello there, can someone confirm that?

Because MAN, who come up with ALL those stupid ideas??????? I was pissed of when i saw that for some idiotic reason i couldn t play RUSH anymore (being my favorite mode since BC2).

When i saw that RUSH was returning into the game i was very happy and just now i heard somewhere (level cap video) that it was for a limited time..... LIMITED TIME WTF!!!!!!!

Please tell me that i m wrong, i m so tired to be disappointed by this game!
Post edited by DALLAS-ak-PEIPER on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They mention that Rush will be returning for a limited time in the Roadmap if I remember correctly. Not sure when this will be though, but I'd be willing to bet it'll be a ToW event.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    They mention that Rush will be returning for a limited time in the Roadmap if I remember correctly. Not sure when this will be though, but I'd be willing to bet it'll be a ToW event.

OMFG........ Thanks man, so it is true. Do they have peanuts instead of brains?
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately larger scale modes are what majority are interested in apparently since they scrapped player counts below 32p even in infy only modes. Rush has attack/defend gameplay similar to Grand Ops' first phase so wise guy would say it already exists.

I miss Rush. BF1 maps were mainly made for break-through modes in mind and that's why I started to like Rush over Operations after 48 players version got removed. Conquest is all-time classic but smaller scale Rush with vehicle/material overpower for attackers is most fun for me.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush is garbage. Conquest is the only mode that matters.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rush has been replaced with Breakthrough and I don't feel how is that an issue.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    Unfortunately larger scale modes are what majority are interested in apparently since they scrapped player counts below 32p even in infy only modes. Rush has attack/defend gameplay similar to Grand Ops' first phase so wise guy would say it already exists.

I miss Rush. BF1 maps were mainly made for break-through modes in mind and that's why I started to like Rush over Operations after 48 players version got removed. Conquest is all-time classic but smaller scale Rush with vehicle/material overpower for attackers is most fun for me.

Come on, only an amateur could say that grand op is like rush. grand op is total garbage, quickly and cheaply done... it s just a mix of game modes which makes no sense at all. And i m not even speaking of germans paratroopers jumping from allied planes with fellows british soldiers.. Arghhh

A wise guy would say that this game is unfinished buisness and lazy doing. Every map is suitable for rush (maybe not Fjell 652).
    But my only question is why make that a limited event, i mean they will take the time to create it just to throw it away few weeks later. If it s not stupid what is it?
  • Ameriken05
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I don't quite understand the logic of taking it away after it's introduced. Too much strain on the system I guess ;)

I mean really any map that runs breakthrough can run rush, as it is essentially the same sector to sector fight. And why not add it and give people more options to play? Maybe they are worried about dividing the player base too much or running into more empty servers? Doesn't seem to be the case currently. I am kind of looking forward to rush as an alternative to 64-player breakthrough. I wasn't a fan when they made the switch in BF1 Operations because it was just too many people concentrated on too few objectives. I always felt like 32-40 players felt right for that type of game mode. Though I will say the absence of rush has gotten me back into conquest and I'd have to admit I've been missing out for a few BF titles. I never could see past the whack-a-mole aspect in the past, but now I'm having fun with squad focusing on 1-2 objectives and finding it's very manageable, doesn't get too crazy, and you have a ton of flexibility to essentially make the battle what you want it to be. I still wish they'd fix Grand Operations...
  • Phugazi
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, I too was a RUSH mode fan. Once I discovered Breakthrough mode was basically the same thing, I play that mode exclusively now.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    Phugazi wrote: »

Yeah, I too was a RUSH mode fan. Once I discovered Breakthrough mode was basically the same thing, I play that mode exclusively now.

Well, Breakthrough is ok, but i would definitly prefer a 24-players rush mode.
  • HC_Kake1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breaktrough over rush? Are you guys joking or what?
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    Rush is garbage. Conquest is the only mode that matters.

Conquest is garbage. Litterally any other gamemode is the only mode that matters.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

limited time wtf, that is the only mode i was interested to play - rush 64p
    conquest and tdm are crap since bf4 imo, breakthrough is like mini conquest and have to many vehicles...
    back to bf3 i guess
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MacaqueX wrote: »

limited time wtf, that is the only mode i was interested to play - rush 64p
    conquest and tdm are crap since bf4 imo, breakthrough is like mini conquest and have to many vehicles...
    back to bf3 i guess

I think it's odd too as it was a staple of the series for quite a while. Maybe it'll stick around if it's popular?
  • HC_Kake1
    Rush wasnt too good in bf1. Before that it was amazing. Look back devs! Dont look bf1
  • JediMastaWyn
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They need something to pad the 'live service' tides of war content. January to march is essentially held back game modes :/
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    edited January 15
    Ok, so we will be able to play rush ONLY for few days and ONLY on 3 maps...... Realy? WTF are they smoking?

I m more and more disappointed with this game and where it is going, i m realy trying hard to love it, but god, they have no idea about what to do. Looks like this game is made by 12years old kids.

I want RUSH mode on every damn maps and i want to play it all the time! THANK YOU

P.s.: Worst think is that they make it sound like something awesome "The return of rush mode" My ****, 5 days of rush on 3 maps is AGAIN a slap in our face!
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is a shame that it's time limited and map limited, rush was an old favourite of mine but I barely played it in BF1 and BF4. Maybe the mode has had its day and the data shows this. I suppose DICE weren't going to put effort into a mode that not many play.

Just saying .. I'm a fan and wouldn't mind it coming back properly it would I play it much over CQ or Frontlines or breakthrough? Probably not.
  • HC_Kake1
    Bf3-4 rush<3 dont remember that well before those. Bf1 rush was just bad thanks to super casual abusable game mechanics and metas.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My issue is that Breakthrough, Frontlines, Grand Operations & Rush have become some kind of super-hybrid.
    All 4 gamemode are essential somehow mixed together and resemble each other in one way or another and for the first time (...after playing BF for 2700 hrs) I sometimes get in doubt which mode to choose because they are all alike.

I would swap Breakthrough or Frontlines with Rush any time of the day... Also I saw we only have like 8 days to play Rush... Like WTF! I understand Dice puts zero effort in a gamemode that is supposed to be available for a week or so... Its complete ridiculousness.

• DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    My issue is that Breakthrough, Frontlines, Grand Operations & Rush have become some kind of super-hybrid.
    All 4 gamemode are essential somehow mixed together and resemble each other in one way or another and for the first time (...after playing BF for 2700 hrs) I sometimes get in doubt which mode to choose because they are all alike.

I would swap Breakthrough or Frontlines with Rush any time of the day... Also I saw we only have like 8 days to play Rush... Like WTF! I understand Dice puts zero effort in a gamemode that is supposed to be available for a week or so... Its complete ridiculousness.

Cant agree more... 8 days and 3 maps.