Weekly BF

To all you medics out there

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I’m pure assault and a very good assault at that.. I wanted to give medic a real good try no issues with scoring high and reviving..

But god damn... I went from a killing demon to absolute cannon fodder! I tried the Suomi 50 mag I could barely manage a 1-1 KD!!

So for that I tip my hat to you guys! If you’re a high fragger with a medic gun you have earned my upmost respect!

Comments

• Stinkfinger1345
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tommy gun is the only medic gun worth using.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Which gun is that ?
  • Noodlesocks
    3071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Suomi is run and gun. Don't bother aiming with sights or hoping to hit someone at a distance. Just W+M1. Sten is more reliable.
  • mav_smileyface
    ghos7bear wrote: »

Which gun is that ?
    The last one.

I do fine with medic myself and even can maintain ~2 k/d but sadly medics get boring very quick. With Assaults you have semi-autos, rifles, assault rifles, dynamite, AT gun with Supports you have MGs of two kinds, shotguns, other gadgets. Medic can only shoot, spam 3 all the time and hold E in hope revive will start sooner than later and nothing else.

Yeah assault is so much fun to play, that’s why I play it haha the fact I have 3 rockets dynamite AT grenade and a 31 round Semi Auto

Medics need something extra...
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m pure assault and a very good assault at that.. I wanted to give medic a real good try no issues with scoring high and reviving..

But god damn... I went from a killing demon to absolute cannon fodder! I tried the Suomi 50 mag I could barely manage a 1-1 KD!!

So for that I tip my hat to you guys! If you’re a high fragger with a medic gun you have earned my upmost respect!

I score high with medic, on good servers I average 80 kills per Dom round, maxed out at 100 and will always look to improve on that. As good as Tommy gun is, its a toss coin situation when you engage up to 50m, and its better not to engage at medium/long range, cause you ll miss and get outranged by any other class. Medic is supposed to be cqb master in this game, but if you re not using Suomi/Tommy, you ll get owned plain and simple.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medic is just frustrating in it's current state. I got as far as lvl 17 and just could not stand it any more. Might revisit later as I'd still like to give the Tommy a go. Medics simply have no way to defend themselves properly at any range vs. assault at this time. And nearly everyone is playing DICE's "IWIN" class right now. In it's current state the game might as well be renamed Assaultfield 5.
  • mav_smileyface
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

I score high with medic, on good servers I average 80 kills per Dom round, maxed out at 100 and will always look to improve on that. As good as Tommy gun is, its a toss coin situation when you engage up to 50m, and its better not to engage at medium/long range, cause you ll miss and get outranged by any other class. Medic is supposed to be cqb master in this game, but if you re not using Suomi/Tommy, you ll get owned plain and simple.

I’ve not played any Dom didn’t realise the games were long enough to drag so high!

Well I tried even if for a few rounds I won’t be going back to that class
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I hit Medic 20, switched from my Suomi to it and tried it for like two lives before giving up and just going back to Suomi. As expected, without specs it felt like crap and I just can't bring myself to suffering through levelling it up. Mind you, I haven't touched Medic since as there's no reason to play it now that it's Level 20.
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

I’ve not played any Dom didn’t realise the games were long enough to drag so high!

Well I tried even if for a few rounds I won’t be going back to that class

It depends on the teams, some teams like dominating, some being dominated and sometimes you get those teams who ll give anything to win then the round can last forever as kills dont contribute to ticket bleed, only thing that bleeds tickets is trying to hold 2 flags.
  • thebossman2202
    398 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love playing medic. I feel on the edge of my seat everytime I play
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Love playing medic. I feel on the edge of my seat everytime I play

When I play medic I feel like someone taped a "kick me" sign to my back...lol.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1485 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, do we really need the Medic on this game? We heal ourselves and others. Just play another class. They just got the short end of this stick this time, like Support did the last game. It's just how it goes in what they did not really needing medics on this iteration. Can't make the whole game OP more than it is, or this this just going to be a Die Simulator.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »

Which gun is that ?
    The last one.

I do fine with medic myself and even can maintain ~2 k/d but sadly medics get boring very quick. With Assaults you have semi-autos, rifles, assault rifles, dynamite, AT gun with Supports you have MGs of two kinds, shotguns, other gadgets. Medic can only shoot, spam 3 all the time and hold E in hope revive will start sooner than later and nothing else.

Exactly this. The SMGs have a major flaw: the devs made them so they ALL fit in the "CQC only" engagement range (reinforced by how their damage falls off earlier - 30m vs 50m to be precise - than any other automatic weapon category in the game.

The issues are:
    • ARs, LMGs and MMGs all take the same amounts of BTK up to 30m then take less BTK so the SMGs, not only are they completly overshadowed past 30m, they aren't even "shining" in terms of DPS in their own niche
    • SMGs only have 16.7% less spread (than ARs) when hipfiring so while you would expect them to be much more accurate for that, they actually aren't significantly better
    • When comparing SMGs to ARs of equal/similar RoF, the ARs will always have a huge advantage in terms of horizontal recoil (recoil you cannot control) and, thus, be much more accurate

Essentially, if you try to use a SMG for an accurate-ADS playstyle to get kills past 30m, you will be outmatched by everything else in the game and will only reliably kill people that you catch by surprise (or bad players). Therefore you are left with the "in your face" immediate CQC playstyle using either the suomi or thompson which should win most engagements up to 20m or so (kicks too much for past that range) but can still be sometimes outDPSed in CQC by the M1907, shotguns and high RoF MMGs.

That's the very reason there's barely anybody playing medics and lots of medics are asking for buffs to SMGs other than suomi and thompson (all the under 600 RPM ones : EMP, MP40, sten and MP34) as they don't fit in any niche.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play better with medic than with support, which is my main. I play better with both over assault. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • the_yakuza17
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played an equal amount of Support, Assault and Medic (all level 20 and all guns are at least level 4).

If you judge success purely by the ability to kill (aka K/D ratio) then yes, being a medic with the SMGs is tougher to get kills, especially at any distance beyond CQB. However, if you adjust your play style and expectations, you can do well. A couple of my squad mates are much better "killers" than I am and they can get 40+ kills with a medic in a game of Conquest. I'm lucky to get 15 kills as a medic.

If you base success on points, you can do quite well as a medic IF you revive often, play the objectives and not obsess over kills. Another friend in our squad plays medic exclusively and has a K/D less than 0.4, revives like crazy and always plays the objectives. He's the guy you see on the scoreboard that's 6-21 or something similar but in the top five in points. Although he may not get many kills, he contributes as much as anyone on our team when it comes to victories.
  • stabbinhobo
    I've played an equal amount of Support, Assault and Medic (all level 20 and all guns are at least level 4).

If you judge success purely by the ability to kill (aka K/D ratio) then yes, being a medic with the SMGs is tougher to get kills, especially at any distance beyond CQB. However, if you adjust your play style and expectations, you can do well. A couple of my squad mates are much better "killers" than I am and they can get 40+ kills with a medic in a game of Conquest. I'm lucky to get 15 kills as a medic.

If you base success on points, you can do quite well as a medic IF you revive often, play the objectives and not obsess over kills. Another friend in our squad plays medic exclusively and has a K/D less than 0.4, revives like crazy and always plays the objectives. He's the guy you see on the scoreboard that's 6-21 or something similar but in the top five in points. Although he may not get many kills, he contributes as much as anyone on our team when it comes to victories.

I don't base success by straight up k/d ratio. But I do like the ability to defend myself properly. Playing as a medic there is simply no way to properly defend yourself. Sure you can still rack up a decent score spamming smoke and stabbin deadites with your syringe. But that gets stale pretty fast IMHO. And getting killed in situations where you should get a kill simply because your SMG is literally the worst weapon in the game (seriously.. I'd use it as a club if I were able and probably get more kills and satisfaction) just makes the class completely undesirable to play for me. I've never had a class I hate to play this much in the entire franchise...
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Emp is a good gun, mp34 with faster bullet 20 mag is good, mp40 hipfire spec is great, soumi , stens good, Tommy with hipfire spec is great too.. players need to mess with the specialzation tree and modify each gun.. you really can't just pick what looks best...
  • ShizukuEnju
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just dont go for medic, it is a myth. I was a medic main since BF4, and I almost give up on it. The guns are bad (and I dont want to use tomposon, i am currently using MP40) and the reviving system is broken, sometimes you will struggle to find the position to revive a teamates while also finding a anyone who border to revive you once you are down.
    Also the reviving is not rewarding, i have once been reviving players almost the whole game, and my score is still low AF, theres no things indicate you being a good medic, no dog tag, no round aftermath, and the stat of you reiving player is hidden in the medic category.
    Now I just go for support. If I could lay down the whole game spamming my gun and have garuntee around 6-7 K/D and have 10000+ score with ease why whould I punish myself by playing medic?
    Medic isnt worth your time, go for something mlre worthy, noted that your K/D and Kill per min is printed extra large on the front page of profile.
  • stabbinhobo
    ^^^ this as well.. not only is medic frustrating.. there is little reward for even being a stellar medig. I've played whole rounds not firing a shot as I know shooting back is pointless.. spamming smoke and jabbin folks back to life. While the players usually recognize my efforts (sometimes) the game itself has no real recognition if I heal/revive 1 or 100 people in a round. If I ever go back to medic I'll probably just spam smoke and **** people for tags in the confusion. I git some satisfaction from collecting tags that way.