More and more I'm beginning to lean toward making resupply stations permanent invulnerable fixtures

On-Swift-Wings
304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This will solve the problem of your teammates not building the stations for you, and you wanting tank locking to prevent theft. I see a whole lot of positive but an increasing amount of negatives to the way they are now, case in point.

Comments

• n7k6k5w9jp0
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This will solve the problem of your teammates not building the stations for you, and you wanting tank locking to prevent theft. I see a whole lot of positive but an increasing amount of negatives to the way they are now, case in point.

Maybe make it so that you can't use them while an enemy is in the immediate area, allowing some counter-play. Otherwise making them indestructible seems like a solid idea.

Another thought would be that whoever builds the resupply stations/ammo/health etc gets a small XP reward each time them are used.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    The tank stations should definitely be indestructable and also prebuild everywhere. The regular ones will probably stay the way they currently are.
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Totally agree mate, I don’t think I have ever had a team mate in close proximity of a tank reload station fix it. It’s quite pathetic really.

We had a really close game on frontlines and it was back and forth. My tank took quite a beating and running low on ammo, so went back to resupply and the gunner in my tank was either extremely thick of just didn’t want to repair it. I had to get back to the action or risk losing the game, but I sat there for a good 5 minutes to prove a point.

It’s very frustrating, I would be all for having tank resupply stations indestructible but keep infantry stations destructible.
  • FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Get out and fix it your self. I fix and build all the stations when I am around. People will adapt or die.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FookDat wrote: »
    Get out and fix it your self. I fix and build all the stations when I am around. People will adapt or die.

I get out and build when there are no blueberries in the vicinity. Otherwise you're taking a high gamble of getting it stolen by someone who will use it more like a transport vehicle than a tank. Adapt to that?
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agree 100%
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    O tempora, O mores!
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well this is the problem, people are waiting for you to get out so they can steal your tank. Only do I repair them when no one is within 50 meters.
  • AwfulMcBad
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I intentionally blow them up on highly contested points(A on Arras)
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Evidently someone didn't watch the video.
  • AwfulMcBad
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Why didn't you just use your mic to ask your squad to build it for you instead of passive aggresively standing there marking it and shooting it?
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AwfulMcBad wrote: »

Why didn't you just use your mic to ask your squad to build it for you instead of passive aggresively standing there marking it and shooting it?

Once again,

Though I guess I should've said "full video" instead. Eventually a squadmate does work to repair it, but then a random Assault on the team immediately blows it up with dynamite. The guy builds it again, only for the same player to destroy it. Once more, and he does it again. Having now run out of dynamite he switches to his Panzerfaust which is then when the OP Quits the game because that guy is just being a deliberate troll.

You can't even argue "Oh, just make him waste his ammo until he's out" because he'll just redeploy and come back. Even if you have that time then to use it and move away, having to come back at any point means the whole process restarts.
  • MocKIngSpONgeBoB
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This. Each time I play in a tank, I just ask if someone can build the garage, and in 10 secs, the garage is built. Half of the people just shoot the air for fun so how do you want someone to understand that shooting the garage means "repair it please"..?
  • AwfulMcBad

Once again,

Though I guess I should've said "full video" instead. Eventually a squadmate does work to repair it, but then a random Assault on the team immediately blows it up with dynamite. The guy builds it again, only for the same player to destroy it. Once more, and he does it again. Having now run out of dynamite he switches to his Panzerfaust which is then when the OP Quits the game because that guy is just being a deliberate troll.

You can't even argue "Oh, just make him waste his ammo until he's out" because he'll just redeploy and come back. Even if you have that time then to use it and move away, having to come back at any point means the whole process restarts.

I did watch the whole video, which is how I knew that the person in the video was just shooting at the point and tagging it.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy

Once again,

I did watch the whole video, which is how I knew that the person in the video was just shooting at the point and tagging it.

Then why say "Why didn't you just use your mic to ask your squad to build it for you instead of passive aggresively standing there marking it and shooting it?" when having watched the video, you'd know that the more significant problem with the video is the Assault troll who is repeatedly destroying the station that the squadmate builds. Whether that squadmate got out and built it at the start of the video or, as he did, halfway in doesn't matter because that troll is there from the start waiting to simply destroy it.
  • clayface0187
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In hardcore we had a simple solution for trolls. JS
  • MBT_Layzan
    1827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I get out and build when there are no blueberries in the vicinity. Otherwise you're taking a high gamble of getting it stolen by someone who will use it more like a transport vehicle than a tank. Adapt to that?

Or even your squad, they see the tank free and spawn off you just to steal it while your fixing up the station.
  • AwfulMcBad
    Then why say "Why didn't you just use your mic to ask your squad to build it for you instead of passive aggresively standing there marking it and shooting it?" when having watched the video, you'd know that the more significant problem with the video is the Assault troll who is repeatedly destroying the station that the squadmate builds. Whether that squadmate got out and built it at the start of the video or, as he did, halfway in doesn't matter because that troll is there from the start waiting to simply destroy it.
    So go to a different repair station, there's always more than one.
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

Or even your squad, they see the tank free and spawn off you just to steal it while your fixing up the station.

Don't play with randoms.
  • Hawxxeye
    6377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @On-Swift-Wings Here is my own personal experience of a similar incident
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    So go to a different repair station, there's always more than one.

And then the troll just follows you. What, do you think the guy will just casually decide "Nah, why bother" just because you move? You're frankly a lot more optimistic than me if you think that'll work.