Weekly BF

15 fps-game unplayable

scheibenreif
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
My specs are

I5 4690k
16gb ram
Nvidia gtx 970
Msi z97 motherboard..

Ive tried all kinds of graphics options
Ive tried sveral other options on pc
Gpu drivers up to date
I didnt oc the cpu - dont have additional cooling
Ive tried the oc genie feature,but come up with unstable slow system...

I dont understand why i have such an awful framerate. I saw videos on yt with same specs running game on 60 fps, there is just no way to get this game running...

Are my specs just way too old or what ? I dobt think so...

Comments

• OskooI_007
    798 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Is the ram in dual channel mode? Even if it is you'll still get framerate drops below 60fps with a 4core/4thread cpu. A 4core/8thread i7 will handle this game much better.

• Titan_Awaken
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That CPU is holding you back a bit.

The official minimum CPU requirement is listed as an i5-6600K although it is likely a bit higher than that since BF1 also listed that as the min spec CPU (things have changed since).

BFV is a pretty CPU intensive game so you’ll either have to OC your current one for a few extra frames or get a new CPU, preferably an i7 with at least 4 cores and twice as many threads.

The jump from i5 to i7 is huge. We’re talking a 15-30 fps gain, at least for me and this was for BF1. If anything, BFV will likely prove to be even more demanding on the CPU.

On the flip side, GPU and RAM are all fine.
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game runs like crap on most 4 core system's, only thing i can recommend is overclock the snot out of the cpu, and try raising the resolution scale to smooth out the fps.
  • scheibenreif
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well ive tried some overclocking but my pc got slowed down, long windows startup and took ages to run the game. I get even worse fps (8?) On oc to 4.2 ....

Yes i know, i should buy some better cooling for cpu,but anyways,i thought id get better performance just for a while...
  • OskooI_007
    Maybe your CPU is overheating and that's why you're only getting 15fps. You can check CPU temp with MSI Afterburner.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My specs are

I5 4690k
    16gb ram
    Nvidia gtx 970
    Msi z97 motherboard..

Ive tried all kinds of graphics options
    Ive tried sveral other options on pc
    Gpu drivers up to date
    I didnt oc the cpu - dont have additional cooling
    Ive tried the oc genie feature,but come up with unstable slow system...

I dont understand why i have such an awful framerate. I saw videos on yt with same specs running game on 60 fps, there is just no way to get this game running...

Are my specs just way too old or what ? I dobt think so...

Is it worse in "snow games"? Mine seems to be. Too much video garbage humping my system.

When you are lying there dead, what are your frame rates? AFAIK, there is little video and CPU activity going on.
  • Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hopefully this patch coming up will fix it.
  • scheibenreif
    Yes ive noticed biggest fps drops on snow maps (the one with the big church and in the mountains).
    When round starts, its all fine - 40 fps.... as soon as two teams meet and shoot, fps drops to 15-25 with stuttering

When i lie dead the framerate stays low
    When i look up in the sky i got 50 fps

Biggest drops are in face to face fights

Well i might consider buying some good cooling for my cpu... or just screw the whole game and live my life in the real world :(
  • scheibenreif
    Ive used the msi afterburner app. without any knowledge of what im doing ive raised the performance of cpu a little bit somehow and the result is better. Not perfect, just a bit better
  • OskooI_007
    edited January 6
    Here's a thread that explains how to get the on-screen display working in MSI Afterburner. I don't use it to overclock anything. I just use it to see CPU usage and temperatures while playing games.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/174551/cpu-gpu-live-analyser

article_147485990157e8937ddaeb70.png
  • CSO7777
    1208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hopefully this patch coming up will fix it.
    BF1 had the same problem with 4-core CPUs, there was never a patch that fixed it, instead CPU-usage went up during BF1's lifetime.

Probably the same will happen in BFV.

The only hope is that they utilize DX12 better, it can lower cpu-overhead. But probably not enough for 4-cores and older Nvidia-cards have mixed results with DX12.
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you are averaging 15fps at 1080p on low settings something is very wrong somewhere.
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kajjal wrote: »
    If you are averaging 15fps at 1080p on low settings something is very wrong somewhere.

Bingo.

My sons 3770K, not overclocked with a 680GTX is driving a 2K screen at 60-110FPS with everything on low except mesh which is ultra.
  • ThePro_PR
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Is the ram in dual channel mode?

He never answered, right?

scheibenreif, the 16GB of RAM ...

Is that 4x4GB, 2x8GB or 1x16GB?
  • scheibenreif
    edited January 7
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Is the ram in dual channel mode?

He never answered, right?

scheibenreif, the 16GB of RAM ...

Is that 4x4GB, 2x8GB or 1x16GB?

I have 2x 9gb ram intalled (ddr3)
    However on cpu-z it says channel# single....

Edit
    Ive tried to plug the rams in sveral different combinations,but the computer couldnt start

On the board it says that 2nd and 4th slots are 'first'
    Post edited by scheibenreif on
  • OskooI_007
    2nd and 4th slots are what u want to use for dual channel. Not sure why the PC won't start.
  • scheibenreif
    edited January 7
    I didnt update bios for ages
    Also i found out ill need to reset cmos

...i did reset cmos, not sure if il have to reset it again before bios update

Does the usb need to be bootable when m flashing?
  • OskooI_007
    edited January 7
    The USB drive doesn't need to be bootable, it does need to be formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 though. There should be an M-Flash update option in the bios menus.

• scheibenreif
    edited January 7
    Ok thank u, ill update the bios, make the dualchannel and let you know if it did help a bit

Currently the game runs on 20-30 fps with slight oc but with occasional drops/stuttering
  • scheibenreif
    Ive updated bios, plugged the rams in 2nd and4th slot and the pc wont boot, conatantly turning on and off....ive reset the cmos, no change, its so frustrating, it feels like NOTHING on my pc is working....