Weekly BF

To all you medics out there

Comments

• Sammy_SUN1
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’m pure assault and a very good assault at that.. I wanted to give medic a real good try no issues with scoring high and reviving..

But god damn... I went from a killing demon to absolute cannon fodder! I tried the Suomi 50 mag I could barely manage a 1-1 KD!!

So for that I tip my hat to you guys! If you’re a high fragger with a medic gun you have earned my upmost respect!

the ONLY gun that has a chance against other classes and i made scores like 40-20 30-10 is the mp28. Medic weapons arfe trash.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tommy gun is the only medic gun worth using.

Most of the medic guns are fine once you get them specced out. I've been getting laid out by the sten alot lately. I prefer the suomi with the 50 rounder, it clears a room like no other and then the thompson with 50 rounds is an overall well rounded weapon beyong its terrible sites.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    D-pad Up and left buttons are my secret with medic. Works like a charm.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^ this as well.. not only is medic frustrating.. there is little reward for even being a stellar medig. I've played whole rounds not firing a shot as I know shooting back is pointless.. spamming smoke and jabbin folks back to life. While the players usually recognize my efforts (sometimes) the game itself has no real recognition if I heal/revive 1 or 100 people in a round. If I ever go back to medic I'll probably just spam smoke and **** people for tags in the confusion. I git some satisfaction from collecting tags that way.

I find medic in this game to be much more rewarding and engaging. You get a crapton of points if youre pushing with the team and keeping everyone up and topped off. And if you play around your strengths, kills are easy enough to pick up.
  • UberNerD20
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just dont go for medic, it is a myth. I was a medic main since BF4, and I almost give up on it. The guns are bad (and I dont want to use tomposon, i am currently using MP40) and the reviving system is broken, sometimes you will struggle to find the position to revive a teamates while also finding a anyone who border to revive you once you are down.
    Also the reviving is not rewarding, i have once been reviving players almost the whole game, and my score is still low AF, theres no things indicate you being a good medic, no dog tag, no round aftermath, and the stat of you reiving player is hidden in the medic category.
    Now I just go for support. If I could lay down the whole game spamming my gun and have garuntee around 6-7 K/D and have 10000+ score with ease why whould I punish myself by playing medic?
    Medic isnt worth your time, go for something mlre worthy, noted that your K/D and Kill per min is printed extra large on the front page of profile.

So medic sucks because no one knows how good you do as a medic and you don't get more points and better stats for yourself so it's a waste of time?
    Wonder how many people waste their time reviving you in a round so you can be oh so great?

Your logic is sound, don't be something that helps your team in a team based game because you won't get as much points and your stats won't be as good.
  • xKusagamix
    998 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Both BF4 and BF1 has difference playstyle of Medic class, so you'll need to adapt a new playstyle if you're main Medic in BF4/BF1.

In BF1 you get SLR and Semi-Auto gun which do decent at close range with some guns and really effective to racking up kills in mid-long range.
    In BF4 you get AR and other gun variants to do great at both close and mid range as any other class.

In BFV you only have SMGs which are designed to shine at CQB with best hipfire ability. It limit your tactic by forcing you to stick with your teammate and fighting at CQB, the combination between smoke and SMGs in some map like Devasation is the best way to play Medic.

Sure there're some open maps like Twisted steel, Hamada and Panzerstorm... But most maps even those maps have a lot of covered paths for the Medic to go, and if there's no cover near you then use some smoke to run to it, cover to cover, don't expect to last running in the open.

If you play Medic as it should in BFV then you'll see most maps in BFV are designed really great with alleys, bushes, trees, trenches....

And Medic class can sprint faster than any other class.

Not saying that i'm a good player but mostly get decent K/D and high or highest score in the score board if want to play as a Medic in the whole round. I just love to Rambo revive people.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    Just dont go for medic, it is a myth. I was a medic main since BF4, and I almost give up on it. The guns are bad (and I dont want to use tomposon, i am currently using MP40) and the reviving system is broken, sometimes you will struggle to find the position to revive a teamates while also finding a anyone who border to revive you once you are down.
    Also the reviving is not rewarding, i have once been reviving players almost the whole game, and my score is still low AF, theres no things indicate you being a good medic, no dog tag, no round aftermath, and the stat of you reiving player is hidden in the medic category.
    Now I just go for support. If I could lay down the whole game spamming my gun and have garuntee around 6-7 K/D and have 10000+ score with ease why whould I punish myself by playing medic?
    Medic isnt worth your time, go for something mlre worthy, noted that your K/D and Kill per min is printed extra large on the front page of profile.

You go ahead and do that laying down spamming your gun as you call it. I could work on my kar98k gold skin and can guarantee you wont be nothing more than an assignment finisher for me, let alone getting a 6-7 kd.
  • xKusagamix
    998 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Just dont go for medic, it is a myth. I was a medic main since BF4, and I alm
    If you spend most of your time reviving people in a round and still getting low score, then maybe there's something wrong.

My highest score playing as a Medic in a whole game is 19.586 (highest score with 42 kills/13 deaths. Each kill is 120 score so it's only 5.040 scores for all that kills. Which mean i do almost 3x better doing Medic things and PTO than killing enemy.
  • CinkCobra
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't attack head on. I run suomi, right side upgrades, smoke launcher and smoke nades. Flank, flank, flank. It's easy to get high kds and top score board with plenty of res's. Just have to change your playstyle, once I figured it out I love it, get in and go to town.
  • xKusagamix
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    The only worthwhile thing about playing medic to me is the Mp40 and the Sten. They're both good all rounders. The mp34 is probably the least situational out of the rest, but other than that ever otjet smg is trash. People keep shouting the Thompson is awesome, I got it to rank 10 and its just good for cqb hipfire, outside that it's mediocre to pretty much useless, same with the Suomi.

I love playing medic (healing and reviving its about the most satisfying playstyle I've ever found), and was excited to get the Mp40 in BF5 because it's on of my favorite weapons from the era in general (as was it the Germans' later in the war), so that weapon alone makes medic worth it for me. But damn if the rest of the class isn't just pointless in most situations in this game. I'd rather use recon slrs than most of the weapons in that class.

On top of that, medic got absolutely SHAFTED on weapons and weapon variety. Its the only class to not get a dlc weapon yet, and it's the only class to have just one type of weapon in its arsenal. It also has weak as hell gadgets compared to other classes. The self heal is about the most useful thing it has. I'd say reviving, as it is a valuable team mechanic, but it's pretty situational in this game because of the animation, and there's a ton of revives I just can't chance in this game because I know I'll just die.

The class is pretty underwhelming compared to at least Assault and Support.
    Yeah, i love the MP40 too, most played gun for me.

I would love to see if DICE fix some game mechanics to make Medic feel better or more unique to play at the efffective range that they're designed to play, something like you're not able to use the heal pouch in a middle of a fire fight while the enemy is shooting at you unless you're a Medic.

Or add the Flash flare gun (like BF1) for the Medic class.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

MP 40 and Sten are also powerful, but you have to choose your battles wisely.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

MP40 gets it done as well. I switch between the tommy and that.
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only worthwhile thing about playing medic to me is the Mp40 and the Sten. They're both good all rounders. The mp34 is probably the least situational out of the rest, but other than that every other smg is trash. People keep shouting the Thompson is awesome, I got it to rank 10 and its just good for cqb hipfire, outside that it's mediocre to pretty much useless, same with the Suomi.

I love playing medic (healing and reviving its about the most satisfying playstyle I've ever found), and was excited to get the Mp40 in BF5 because it's one of my favorite weapons from the era in general (as was it the Germans' later in the war), so that weapon alone makes medic worth it for me. But damn if the rest of the class isn't just pointless in most situations in this game. I'd rather use recon slrs than most of the weapons in that class.

On top of that, medic got absolutely SHAFTED on weapons and weapon variety. Its the only class to not get a dlc weapon yet, and it's the only class to have just one type of weapon in its arsenal. It also has weak as hell gadgets compared to other classes. The self heal is about the most useful thing it has. I'd say reviving, as it is a valuable team mechanic, but it's pretty situational in this game because of the animation, and there's a ton of revives I just can't chance in this game because I know I'll just die.

I use the Thompson on Arras, Rotterdam, and Devastation since it seems that on those maps I can hit people hard and fast enough for them not to return fire. It seems you either choose to maximize dps inside 20 meters or you give up cqb performance to hit targets at further ranges but for no real gain or real benefit.
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @mav_smileyface cool of you to do this. I wish more assault mains would recognize the issues instead of trying to keep us gimped.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And here I am on my Medic, trying to convince a squad-mate that repeatedly running into barbed wire (exactly 10 times with heal-up in between) is a great idea.
    Doesn't work very well to be honest :(

I just want my Veiled Thread chest without having to play Conquest /cry

Anyhow, the MP40 is a decent gun too, but you will lose all 1v1s unless you are great at hitting those heads.
    The Suomi is fine-ish as long as you NEVER aim down sight and the Thompson is a more controllable Suomi with slightly less DPS.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd say reviving, as it is a valuable team mechanic, but it's pretty situational in this game because of the animation, and there's a ton of revives I just can't chance in this game because I know I'll just die.

And how now everybody can buddy revive and if you stick with squadmates, as everybody should, there should always be a nearby squadmate to revive you when the threat is dealth with or simply if you die beind cover (in that scenario, that it takes 5 sec instead of 2 to revive you changes nothing).
  • bran1986
    I'd say reviving, as it is a valuable team mechanic, but it's pretty situational in this game because of the animation, and there's a ton of revives I just can't chance in this game because I know I'll just die.

And how now everybody can buddy revive and if you stick with squadmates, as everybody should, there should always be a nearby squadmate to revive you when the threat is dealth with or simply if you die beind cover (in that scenario, that it takes 5 sec instead of 2 to revive you changes nothing).

Playing in a squad with @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye I never worry about revives because the squad revive and they are fantastic teammates.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not really, I find that the MP34 with faster RPM is the best medic ATM.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Playing in a squad with @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye I never worry about revives because the squad revive and they are fantastic teammates.

Playing in an organised squad with mics makes a huge difference.

However playing in random squads (which would be the majority of players) is another story, this is where medics really shine.