Weekly BF

I'm tired and sick of it

Woolf2001
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am playing ego shooters since counterstrike beta. now since bf1 i liked always the change of style and played every edition throughout the years. but now with bf5 i dont want to participate anymore in the forthgoing beta test (again) which is called public release. i want to have fun and use my skillset in bf matches to actively compete and win but in years i am became so frustrated in an ego shooter than ever before. there are still so many issues going on since the release that i am not willing to spend more time with an unfinished and polished product. i regret buying this and i am angry over myself, that i thought after bf1 dice would learn from their mistakes and release a battlefield edition, which hasnt all the starting problems than the last one.

I was so wrong...

visibility is horrible: especially in maps like fjell, u cant make out enemies. just stand still between rocks or laying on the ground without moving, other players wont notice you or think you are dead. what the hell...
i am playing with ultra settings on so this cant be an issue. in recent bf games, this was no problem. this is especially frustrating for new or unskilled players, because they dont get any proper feedback when they die. just guess what... they quit playing

maps and layout: when i am correct we got only 8 maps instead of 10 in bf1. the overall quality of the most maps is not great. i have to say rotterdam, devastation, twisted steel and arras are decent. fjell could be good, but with all the visibility issues, it is only frustrating and annoying. hamada... a boring and uninspired mess. panzerstorm is way to big and has absolut nothing special about it. just a few tanks more. always quitting before it. narvik... the upper part of the map with all the houses isnt more than a bad joke. players are getting rewarded for camping. this map should have included ships and boats, but instead there are always the same boring bombers and planes from which you are getting constantly killed all the time. aerodrome, the greatest waste of time. just flat, boring and a snipers paradise (thats not a good thing). the only quite good thing is the battle for the big hangar in the middle of the map. it seems dice let the interns have a shot at map design. absolut the worst of all.
so we have four maps which are at least quite enjoyable. not very much, imho.

gameplay: in bf1, you had these really enjoyable cool engagements with zepellins or armored trains. even taking a horse and riding across the map was nice. so what do we have now? v1 rockets... every end of a match you are getting hammered with this piece of ****. i get it, it is fun if you erradicate a flag point and make 10 kills. but for gameplay issues, this is ridiculous. the hole match, the airdrop mechanic wont give you anything really special. just one or two special tanks, no thank you. there should be something special which let the game stands out, but dice just let this one go. rly sad.

movement and control: it seems with a patch in january, the unbelievable bad issues concerning climbing and using the bipod should be solved. cant believe, dice released the game with such problems.
laying on the ground is also a joke. all the time you are getting pushed out of cover because the player model doesnt seem to fit into the environment. i stopped counting how often i was killed because of this. you cant lay still, even there is nothing behind or beside you. also always nice when this occurs and you are playing the support class and the game changes your weapon from mg to your sidearm. i have no idea why, just what the hell...???
rocket launcher sometimes doesnt reload by themself. great if you are switching to it and aiming on a tank with an empty barrel.

assignments and reward system: in my opinion, the killer to the idea of squad and cooperative gameplay. you are supposed to play together, help each other out. now you have at least 2/3 of a team which are running with knives between their teeth through the map and trying to complete their assignments. i.e. players a running out of a flag area just to wait, that the enemies can capture the point and then storming to their death, because a stupid assigment tells them to kill a bunch of players while capturing a point. omg... it seems someone without any knowledge about bf gameplay designed this.
the whole leveling system, is useless. in a short amount of time you progressed to max level. (in bf4 i believe you had 150 rank level, at least something to achieve and shows that you are a veteran player) now nobody cares, because you rise too fast through the ranks and it becomes unnecessary.
at the end of every round... i still dont get the summary of xp. even if i joined a map at the end and make just one kill, the game tells me i made all around 50k xp or more. yeah sure... you cant even make sense of all the mess, because hovering over the assignment icons and other xp stuff wont give you any idea about anything.

there is so much other stuff, which is frustrating players. but this thread is far too long already. i was looking for an improved bf and got a mess of a game, which let me regret to spend money for it. i dont think i will make this mistake again. i dont trust dice, that they are capable of releasing another bf part without any problems (doesnt forgot the ttk & ttd story dice; trying to **** seasoned players wasnt the right move and you lost a huge amount of trust within the community... introducing hardcore mode, unbelievable). me and many other players feel, that bf5 is a ripoff and unfinished product. now we are getting presented a free dlc system. but i believe even more, that there are things, which should have been included in the core game and not being presented as gracious presents several months after the november release.

ps: i thought trying out bf1 again, but ea still wants to sell their dlcs. no sry, dont feel to fattening the sow even more.

pps: plz excuse my bad english or any other errors, it's late, i'm tired any pretty much frustrated. over & out

Comments

• Twitch__NorkDorf
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another goodbye thread? Those are hard to find around here....
  • dirtyann
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Op is right though...

Sadly, the game lacks content, terribly...

Theres no great maps, just a handfull of good maps, like arras, devastation, twisted steel and fjell...They are good, not great like some in the previous games that were great.

The weapon balance sucks big time, at long range I get outgunned very easily by Semi-auto rifles when using SLR's, the recoil and fire rate is just terrible that you can't land the 2nd shot before they got 4 accurate shots and you're down...

Class balance is terrible, medics STILL need a change to be able to compete in close range, as of now it's a complete joke, everything outguns all the medics weapons but the suomi and the thompson. And it is the sole class that didnt received something for the hollidays or tides of war...clever move Dice, we see less and less medics every day, it was my main in pretty much every bf before bf5, now it's unplayable 80% of the time.

And the bugs...the damn bugs...
  • thebossman2202
    398 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dirtyann wrote: »
    Op is right though...

Sadly, the game lacks content, terribly...

Theres no great maps, just a handfull of good maps, like arras, devastation, twisted steel and fjell...They are good, not great like some in the previous games that were great.

The weapon balance sucks big time, at long range I get outgunned very easily by Semi-auto rifles when using SLR's, the recoil and fire rate is just terrible that you can't land the 2nd shot before they got 4 accurate shots and you're down...

Class balance is terrible, medics STILL need a change to be able to compete in close range, as of now it's a complete joke, everything outguns all the medics weapons but the suomi and the thompson. And it is the sole class that didnt received something for the hollidays or tides of war...clever move Dice, we see less and less medics every day, it was my main in pretty much every bf before bf5, now it's unplayable 80% of the time.

And the bugs...the damn bugs...

The game does not lack content. Like you said it lacks good maps. We have alot of guns and are getting more very soon. The bugs need to fixed, the medics are decent but you are right that they need a fix. Dont overexaggeratw and be patient
  • Woolf2001
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battlefield mutated to a michael bay movie. everything explodes and it is mindless ****. constantly getting hammered from all sides, snipers one shotting everyone, smoke all the way, you dont even know anymore why something explodes right beside you. ofc people say... everything looks so great, but real exciting combat engagements are gone. ty dice for nothing.

btw with the next patch, we are getting a new grand operation... ehmm why do we exactly need another grand operation?? what we need are well designed maps and not some game modes put together on existing maps. limit snipers, get rid of jb2 & v1 rocket ****, far less smoke and correct all the gameplay flaws (as fast as possible).
    btw you want to make the game more comprehensive for new players: so start making tutorials and not some 360p videos before the gamemodes.
    and for god sake remove the assignments or make them at least squad based. never ever something stupid like: headshot kill 20 enemies while attacking objectives. what a stupid nonsense...
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So, how long you think before EA/DICE calls it a wrap for this game? It's a shame, being it has promise, but i even just got done with a fella on my friends list who's refunding. The game is not BF, and is too frustrating to play.
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 7
    So you’re done with BF and your from the CS culture as was I.

Insurgency Sandstorm for PS my friend. Im just waiting for that. In a year when someone should have done a modern theme. THIS is the only one...

This is a no holds bar game from what i’ve seen, and the customization looks amazing.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Insurgency Sandstorm for PS my friend. Im just waiting for that. In a year when someone should have done a modern theme. THIS is the only one...

This is a no holds bar game from what i’ve seen, and the customization looks amazing.

Isn't near "every" shooter on consoles a "modern era" shooter lol. Either that or sci fi. The Division, Ghost Recon, COD Ghosts, MW Remastered, BF 4, R6 Siege, Warface etc etc.

Too overplayed, and not to mention, Insurgency has Operation Flashpoint redux written all over it. I can see the initial sales, but nothing spectacular, only to die a quick death like Flashpoint did.

If they would have brought over one of those WW2 shooters from over there, it probably would have poached many from this, but all i think Insurgency will do is boost the BF4 servers a bit lol.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should change all your character genders to women and watch the game turn from an ego shooter into a vanity shooter. You'll have people opening doors and walls just to get you inside. I love this historically correct world war 2 fantasy game, i can finally play out my dreams of being a gender that never fought in ww2 xD
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Isn't near "every" shooter on consoles a "modern era" shooter lol. Either that or sci fi. The Division, Ghost Recon, COD Ghosts, MW Remastered, BF 4, R6 Siege, Warface etc etc.

Too overplayed, and not to mention, Insurgency has Operation Flashpoint redux written all over it. I can see the initial sales, but nothing spectacular, only to die a quick death like Flashpoint did.

If they would have brought over one of those WW2 shooters from over there, it probably would have poached many from this, but all i think Insurgency will do is boost the BF4 servers a bit lol.

COD ghosts was literally like 5 years ago. R6S is like is three years old along with The Division. MW remastered is COD and a rehash.

Maybe it will respark some BF4 servers. Maybe it will end up being good. Time will tell.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is not BF, and is too frustrating to play.

How is it not Battlefield?
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It seems everyone loves the fact 3D spotting is gone. Just for kicks they should add a mode with 3D spotting. I bet it becomes the most played overnight. It may not be realistic but its fun.
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is not BF, and is too frustrating to play.

How is it not Battlefield?
    If it was Battlefield it would be a vehicle game on huge maps, but it's an infantry game with a few not important vehicles on small/medium size maps.
  • Medic-The-JackaL
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Op is right, if you paid full price for a car and got 2 wheels missing would you buy it?
  • Tullzter
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    at least we till have BF1. love that game
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    You should change all your character genders to women and watch the game turn from an ego shooter into a vanity shooter. You'll have people opening doors and walls just to get you inside. I love this historically correct world war 2 fantasy game, i can finally play out my dreams of being a gender that never fought in ww2 xD

Guys like you are the reason I run Ilse and June exclusively. Though I'd run them regardless, since I don't particularly enjoy watching men.
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    69GTOJudge wrote: »
    I am glad the PS4 has the Twitch and Youtube streaming services on it. I go there to get my BF "WW II" fix. Which, lasts a whole 5 minutes at most, before I hear the forced Female Tankers and Pilots. Makes me exit out so fast....It's quite sickening, the amount of forced Feminism in this Game. Yes, I am sooo sexist...../S Guess you'll be considered a Transphobe, when you're disgusted at the next James Bond, being a Transgender! Oh, you won't be disgusted? You also think "A Transgender James Bond would be cool"-Dominic West...? Really, there's no Agenda being pushed, REALLY! Maybe Trans Bond meets up with that Child Drag Queen that the MSM is praising, and says how wonderful he is, and should join MI-6!!

The ridiculous jump from women being in BFV to forced feminism to a rant against the trans community shows that your fear is quite palpable.
    You are a sad little man-child.

No it's not a ridiculous Jump. It's all intertwined/connected...but ok, bud.....Man, you must be cold, since you've been Fleeced......You're wack, if you think any of that is ok. Look how you went to Name calling, typical Leftist attitude
  • RossP317
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    I am glad the PS4 has the Twitch and Youtube streaming services on it. I go there to get my BF "WW II" fix. Which, lasts a whole 5 minutes at most, before I hear the forced Female Tankers and Pilots. Makes me exit out so fast....It's quite sickening, the amount of forced Feminism in this Game. Yes, I am sooo sexist...../S Guess you'll be considered a Transphobe, when you're disgusted at the next James Bond, being a Transgender! Oh, you won't be disgusted? You also think "A Transgender James Bond would be cool"-Dominic West...? Really, there's no Agenda being pushed, REALLY! Maybe Trans Bond meets up with that Child Drag Queen that the MSM is praising, and says how wonderful he is, and should join MI-6!!

The ridiculous jump from women being in BFV to forced feminism to a rant against the trans community shows that your fear is quite palpable.
    You are a sad little man-child.

No it's not a ridiculous Jump. It's all intertwined/connected...but ok, bud.....Man, you must be cold, since you've been Fleeced......You're wack, if you think any of that is ok. Look how you went to Name calling, typical Leftist attitude

Of the 100 things wrong with BFV, the use of female characters ranks at 101.
This discussion has been closed.