15 fps-game unplayable

2»

Comments

• -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Here's a thread that explains how to get the on-screen display working in MSI Afterburner. I don't use it to overclock anything. I just use it to see CPU usage and temperatures while playing games.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/174551/cpu-gpu-live-analyser

article_147485990157e8937ddaeb70.png

That won't work on an Asrock board will it?
  • scheibenreif
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So ive checked the ram slots.... when i plug single ram into 3rd or 4th slot, the pc wont boot up.....
    Is it some sort of settings issue or wh...
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same issue on one of my boys' PCs. RAM will only run in single-channel at 1333MHz.

The board is old and dying, basically. You need a new one.
  • scheibenreif
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New board....means new pc :(
  • scheibenreif
    My nb freq jumps from 1299 to 1699
  • OskooI_007
    658 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    So ive checked the ram slots.... when i plug single ram into 3rd or 4th slot, the pc wont boot up.....
    Is it some sort of settings issue or wh...

If the bios was reset to default settings then ram in the 3rd or 4th slot should work without needing to mess with bios settings. Maybe some of the copper pins are bent in those slots.

That memory channel could also be burned out on the CPU. Slots 3 and 4 are on the same memory channel. So if they're not working, then it's possible that memory channel is burned out on your CPU. The memory controller is located inside the CPU.

That would only leave you one working memory channel (slots 1 and 2) and make running in dual channel mode impossible.

You can also try re-attaching the heat sink on the CPU. If it's not installed properly it can put too much pressure on one side of the CPU and cause the pins to not make contact.

Otherwise I'd say one of the memory channels is burned out on that CPU.

Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New board....means new pc :(

Not necessarily; you could always find another board with a compatible socket and chipset. A used mobo that works is better than one that doesn't.
  • ThePro_PR
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have 2x 9gb ram intalled (ddr3)

2x9GB? I guess you meant 2x8GB?
  • ThePro_PR
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ive updated bios, plugged the rams in 2nd and4th slot and the pc wont boot, conatantly turning on and off....ive reset the cmos, no change, its so frustrating, it feels like NOTHING on my pc is working....

You said you plugged them in slots 2 and 4. In what slots did you have them before?
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you have a spare power supply around to test?
  • scheibenreif
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    I have 2x 9gb ram intalled (ddr3)

2x9GB? I guess you meant 2x8GB?

Yep sorry,i ment 8gb rams
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    Ive updated bios, plugged the rams in 2nd and4th slot and the pc wont boot, conatantly turning on and off....ive reset the cmos, no change, its so frustrating, it feels like NOTHING on my pc is working....

You said you plugged them in slots 2 and 4. In what slots did you have them before?

I had them in slots 1&2
    alienstout wrote: »
    Do you have a spare power supply around to test?

Unfortunately no :(

Ive tried to re-attach heat sink.Did not help :(

Anyways thank you for help guys, guess ill be off from gaming for a while ....
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DocCuda418 wrote: »
    Kajjal wrote: »
    If you are averaging 15fps at 1080p on low settings something is very wrong somewhere.

Bingo.

My sons 3770K, not overclocked with a 680GTX is driving a 2K screen at 60-110FPS with everything on low except mesh which is ultra.

a 680 no it's not running those fps... not even close
  • scheibenreif
    If you are averaging 15fps at 1080p on low settings something is very wrong somewhere.

Bingo.

My sons 3770K, not overclocked with a 680GTX is driving a 2K screen at 60-110FPS with everything on low except mesh which is ultra.

Maybe in singleplayer
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bingo.

Maybe in singleplayer

if hes lucky
  • RiskyBiskit
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is single player like? is it the same?
  • LLegaa
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You have better specs rhan me so problem isn't at specs