Weekly Debrief

Gun(s) Question

JesseC1006
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Morning all,

So I'm still playing with the starter guns for Medic and Support because I was working on unlocking the gold parts for them. However I find myself getting killed alot more. I know I suck but I was able to manage a decent amount of kills prior. Are the other guns in the class just that much better. I know the KE7 got a little nerf. And I haven't been playing medic as much cause that gun is to slow. Just curious to see if anyone else has noticed this or not.

Comments

• SixTouge
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd recommend just trying all the different guns available, don't forget the different specializations too. Thing is, everyone talks about certain guns being best or OP, but I find that those don't necessarily compliment my skills/playstyle. I wouldn't worry about what the "best" guns are, just find the one that feels best to you.

For me, the EMP felt best and I've had the better success using in medic class, although I had been using the MP40 before that and felt it was OK. The EMP though, just felt right.

In support, I've been favoring the MG34. The KE7 is in theory better, and certainly more versatile as you can ADS while moving, etc. The MG34 requires you to be prone or propped against something for the bipod, but I've been able to adjust my play accordingly and I'm finding it really enjoyable.
  • Birkhoff9200
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally with Lewis with all gold I'll do many kills ...
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JesseC1006 wrote: »
    Morning all,

So I'm still playing with the starter guns for Medic and Support because I was working on unlocking the gold parts for them. However I find myself getting killed alot more. I know I suck but I was able to manage a decent amount of kills prior. Are the other guns in the class just that much better. I know the KE7 got a little nerf. And I haven't been playing medic as much cause that gun is to slow. Just curious to see if anyone else has noticed this or not.

One thing to consider, people are simultaneously getting used to the weapons and unlocking specializations (doesn't take much for those, but the difference is there with them all activated). The learning curve. So people are finding their groove and are more lethal? Just a theory, but that is how it has been for with me on BFV. Took a bit to find those rhythms and get the right specializations for my play style for each weapon I use. But when I do, I can see the difference from my first matches using a weapon to the most recent ones where I am more comfortable with the weapon.

@ Birkhoff9200 - That Lewis gun though. I'm finding myself not wanting to use anything else. I have to force myself to switch up classes/weapons because the Lewis is so good with just iron sights I don't want to use anything else.
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there was a TTK change recently. I noticed right after New year's. It's made the game almost unplayable for me lol
  • JesseC1006
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I am definitely struggling alot after the last patch. Still having fun but now its taking alot longer to unlock stuff.