Low FPS with RTX 2070

Thomas8127
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hey Guys. Just want to ask you why im only getting about 90 fps on Batllefield 5 with my RTX 2070 Armor 8G. i saw some Benchmark videos where they were hitting about 120 fps on ultra. to me it just seems really strange and i cant find the problem. Btw i have a Ryzen 5 2600 with 16 gigs of Ram (Dual Channel 2666), Rtx 2070, Asus strix b450-f gaming motherboard. can someone please explain why this is happening? thx and sorry for my bad english :)

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    did the benckmarks use a 2600? probally a9900k
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ryzen is your limitation here. If you have to push higher frames, you need intel CPU, atleast a well overclocked 9600k.
  • Thomas8127
    alienstout wrote: »

Oh yeah sorry. Im playing on an 2560x1080 ultrawide monitor from LG
  • Thomas8127
    Ryzen is your limitation here. If you have to push higher frames, you need intel CPU, atleast a well overclocked 9600k.

I know that my CPU isn't top tier but i had the same one in my older setup with a 1080 and i reached 120fps with no problems in BF1. Is the game just more demanding?
  • Thomas8127

Just found this video. Hes using the 2600x but i have my 2600 oc to 4.1 so its the same. He has the same GPU as me and gets stable 140 fps but plays at full HD. Does my resolution make such a big diffrence?
  • SavageBeastZero
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thomas8127 wrote: »

Just found this video. Hes using the 2600x but i have my 2600 oc to 4.1 so its the same. He has the same GPU as me and gets stable 140 fps but plays at full HD. Does my resolution make such a big diffrence?

You can view the benchmarks listed at the link below. They're from the beta, but wouldn't have changed too drastically. You're slightly under where your specs should be getting you, but as others have said, the 2600(x) even at 4.1Ghz will bottleneck you a bit.

If you had a 2700(X) you'd be getting better performance, but even then would be bottlenecked in BFV bin comparison to Intel's offerings. You resolution will definitely be why you see a disparity, because you're rendering more pixels than your friend, thus why you're seeing lower frames overall.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1754-battlefield-5-cpu-multiplayer-bench/

So just consider that you're rendering quite a few more pixels than Full HD and when looking at the benchmarks. Subtract roughly 12% from the benchmarks and you'll see you're just about where you should be performance wise.
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    monitor your cpu and Gpu usage in game to determine the bottleneck. Your cpu runs at 3.4ghz with one core boosting to 3.9ghz, being careful of power and temps you could overclock your cpu if it proves to be limiting your performance,
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Resolution has a dramatic effect on FPS. I run a 4K monitor and even with a RTX 2080 I don't play MP in ultra. It's just not worth the performance hit. According to what I've seen, you want to be over 80 FPS if possible or you'll get dinged from various server-related things normalizing the game for you.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Might be late to the party, but do you have resolution scale set yo 100%?
  • OneManAce
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hey man...where do i set that...what it does? huge THANKS
  • SteveZee
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thomas8127 wrote: »

Yes, resolution can make a huge difference. He's playing in 1080p. You'd have to find someone who's playing at your resolution to compare.

HERES WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:

Set your resolution to his spec, then see if you get his frame rates. If you do, its probably fine.

IF you're still worried, run a monitor w/ the game and see if anything looks amiss. GPU not running at full tilt, throttling of the operating frequency, etc etc.
  • SteveZee
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OneManAce wrote: »

Hey man...where do i set that...what it does? huge THANKS

Resolutions scaling is under the advanced menu. Near the top, just above the preset settings.
  • SteveZee

Looks like what you're seeing is about right.