Huge Performance Drop Since Beta? GTX980

Cody38R
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
I've got a moderately old setup.

ASUS 980 Strix (not TI)
I7-2600k
8GB RAM

However, I was running the beta on high with constant 60 FPS perfectly fine. Maybe I was on low? Can't really remember. All I know, is that I had 60 FPS then, and I've been playing BF4/BF1 in preparation for BFV, and I get 60fps there too. But since BFV's "release" I can't get a constant 60 in any scenario on the lowest settings possible, even after overclocking my card which I have not done before. Yes I have future frame rendering on.
Another thing of note, even dropping to 60% resolution scale didn't increase my FPS by much at all. Going from ultra low to ultra high makes me lose about 10 FPS on average. I feel like if it was my PC's fault these things would effect performance more.

How could I get such a significant drop in performance since the beta? Hopefully it's just optimization that needs to be done by the devs, but man it's making my aggressive recon lifestyle even harder. I don't have the dosh for a new build either.

Still got that golden Lee Enfield though.

Comments

• EinBugStein
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Many people having this issue. In the Beta the "Future Frame rendering" Option was always on and couldn't be turned off, that's why we all had much better FPS there. Just turn on Future Frame Rendering in the Graphics Options and you'll see your FPS will almost double. (at least it did for me)

I'm running an I7 4770k, GTX 970 and 16 GB ram and I did turn Mesh Quality & Texture Quality on High and everything else on low ... With future Frame Rednering I'm getting almost constat 100+ FPS only dropping in the 80s when I'm going into cluster areas. Before I turned that on I could barley get 60 FPS
  • FRA66LES
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Many people having this issue. In the Beta the "Future Frame rendering" Option was always on and couldn't be turned off, that's why we all had much better FPS there. Just turn on Future Frame Rendering in the Graphics Options and you'll see your FPS will almost double. (at least it did for me)

I'm running an I7 4770k, GTX 970 and 16 GB ram and I did turn Mesh Quality & Texture Quality on High and everything else on low ... With future Frame Rednering I'm getting almost constat 100+ FPS only dropping in the 80s when I'm going into cluster areas. Before I turned that on I could barley get 60 FPS

I would tend to agree the FFR on does increase frames but I didnt notice any slowdown on my rig when it was off. maybe my setup /windows version/or just plain dumb luck has something to do with it.

FFR on or off doesnt change my input lag time at all. It stays at 16ms which is odd as I thought my input lag would increase but it is what it is. I suck at BF anyways so I just enjoy my 1 to 10 K/D ratio LOL
  • suntek
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Holy cow! That thing gave me 40-50 fps extra instantly! Was running around 75 and wondering what the heck, but it seems this was it..

Running [email protected] 5,5 and 970.
  • FRA66LES
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    suntek wrote: »
    Holy cow! That thing gave me 40-50 fps extra instantly! Was running around 75 and wondering what the heck, but it seems this was it..

Running [email protected] 5,5 and 970.

glad it worked for you!
  • Cody38R
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I said in my post I have FFR on already. It makes a very very small difference (maybe 10FPS average?) so small I can't really tell. I wish it was miraculous like others say.

My RAM and CPU are at 80% usage when in game and GPU is around 50-60%.
  • Mc_Nib_Nab234
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very similar issue, very similar rig, same card, same experience since beta. Only difference is I have a i74790K and 16GB of ram, I would have suggested getting more ram but here I am with 16 and it’s awful.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The games CPU requirements seem to have crept upwards with the post launch patches. I suggest taking a look at your CPU graphs when playing to see if your constantly bottlenecking. Overclocking the GPU won't do anything if that is the case.

I've got an I7-4470 and it's the bottleneck on my machine, though I'm also running windows 7 which is the real problem, I've seen a friends rig with an inferior CPU and GPU running the game better then I can because Windows 10 is just so much better about CPU utilization.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    The games CPU requirements seem to have crept upwards with the post launch patches. I suggest taking a look at your CPU graphs when playing to see if your constantly bottlenecking. Overclocking the GPU won't do anything if that is the case.

I've got an I7-4470 and it's the bottleneck on my machine, though I'm also running windows 7 which is the real problem, I've seen a friends rig with an inferior CPU and GPU running the game better then I can because Windows 10 is just so much better about CPU utilization.
    @CaptainHardware - You can install Windows 10 if you still have your Win7 key - the installer will accept it. You can download the installation files to a USB key from MS' website. I did this last week with my son's rig and it worked perfectly.

If you've lost your key, you can use ProduKey to recover it.

• REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this game is not coded for new cpu's. my first gen does fine. yes first gen I7 does better then alot of the latest and greatest out there. this game was started years ago remember...
  • MossbergMaverick
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The forum is riddled with people whose performance has tanked, and I know exactly why. Every time they patch this game engine, it affects performance. They actually fixed this once in BF3 or BF4 because the complaints were bad after one patch.

I don't know what it is that THEY are doing, but I've been watching this happen with BF games for a LONG time. BC2 was notorious for it too. This is an ongoing issue they never seem to notice except that one time. Just look how many posts are complaining about performance dropping. It's the patches doing it. The last one got me for 25-50 fps in most areas.