GSync broken with DX12..?

13»

Comments

• Seba211_SLO
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    And now i figured **** wierd thing.I was on empty conquest server same settings same fps and everyting else and i have zero stuttering and everything works smooth .WTF is that thing?This thing is 100% releated with servers some latency issues or what i don't know anymore
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can confirm dx12 does not work with gsync unless in window mode. BF5 is broke

works fine for me
  • DaChileanSeabass
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

works fine for me

Says the framedrop indicator when its locked to 60 and it doesnt go below 60. Does not occur on dx11 btw
  • DiscoPr0
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IdiotBox wrote: »
    I have Gsync turned on and run BFV in DX12. I assume it is working and have not noticed any weird frame rate issues.

Have you disabled vertical sync?

You assume it's working? Jeez. When I pay a significant premium for something, I like to know if it's actually working or not... And gsync not working wouldn't cause any "weird frame rate issues", so it seems you don't even understand what you own.
    L1G1STX wrote: »
    Mine still doesn't work right, I tried the unplug second monitor deal as well, didn't work. It works in windowed mode tho.... This is pretty aggravating.

Did you try to unplug, reboot, double check all your settings in NVCP, then load up BF5?

Maybe, just maybe, one day, Microsoft will get their **** together. Until then, we're stuck suffering with stuff like this.

I also find it absolutely hilarious that people are up in arms about how "gsync doesn't work with SLI" and "gsync + SLI has been broken for months" because some no-name website posted an article showing that gsync + SLI results in slightly worse SLI scaling in certain games. But yet real issues like this gsync not working in DX12 fiasco exist, and you don't hear a peep about it from the anti-nvidia keyboard warriors of the internet.

I verified it's enabled in the settings and active you bozo. What are your suggestions for actually verifying it is working?

I understand it just fine. I am an engineer by trade so don't lecture me.

• InnerD
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my screen has a red light on the bottom of the screen when gsync is active. it works for me 100% in game dx12 etc and if it wasn't active the light would be white.
  • Driller_au
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just checked with Nvidia profile inspector overlay on my system, G-Sync active in both fullscreen and borderless not windowed as expected , DX12 enabled and set to fullscreen only in NCP
  • OneShotOneOwn3d
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello

Ive played just over 150h of BFV and until around 1 week ago my gsync worked 100% perfect

now i have horrible tearing

unsure wtf going on PS im on DX12 does it on DX11 well
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    I play using DX11 as I think it offers better performance , but i did tinker around with DX12 and everything seemed ok , no screen tear or anything like that ,windows 10 / full screen/1080 gpu/Acer XB270HU monitor @1440p/144hz.Future render on , V-sync off frames capped at monitor max performance so my frames sit on around 140 with my current vid settings
  • BlobUmadTV
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    I play BF5 and since I upgrad my 1080Ti to a 2080Ti the game doesnt seems to be smooth anymore.

I have the GSYNC enabled, future frame ON and VSYNC disabled and 120fps cap in dx11 Fullscreen. The game does not seem smooth anymore. It's like I'm at 60fps. The led on my ROG screen is red.
    I tried in dx12 + vsync ON and it seems to be better but how to confirm that it is ok? I do not see how to display my Hertz in real time on the screen to be on.
    Should I put my game in window mode?
  • noSUBstanze
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Set your vsync in nvidia control panel to 60 fps and it will be butter smooth with gsync
  • noSUBstanze
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh yeah disable vsync in BF
  • KOKOtm
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also noticed, that there is something wrong in DX12, also with capped FPS with RTSS to 118FPS. DX11 is working fine, no tearing. In DX12 I often notice some tearing, when camera goes into the character, on the bottom 1-2cm of the screen. G-SYNC said, it is on, but it is obviously not! It is very subtile, playing above 100fps+, but it is noticable.

Nothing helped to get rid of this tearing in DX12. Vsync Ingame, out of the game, control panel. What helped to set the game to borderless instead of fullscreen. I enabled G-SYNC identifier to be sure that it is working too, also if G-SYNC is enabled for Fullscreen only. Looks like borderless fullscreen and standard fullscreen is for G-SYNC the same thing. Hope this will be fixed in the future ... :-/
  • TFBisquit
    1225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a Free-sync monitor approved for G-sync, works fantastic with my gtx1080. All the way upto 144Hz , even though I sit around 100fps. Very smooth indeed.
    DX12 ffr off.
    So yeah, g-sync works fine at DX12 in this game. Must be something else in play if it doesn't work out for others.
  • S0magical
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     I have same issue, been driving me nuts,2080 and a ROG swift first gen... i can either run dx11 at around 90-100 fps smooth as anything, or dx12 120fps not smooth as gsync doesnt appear to work. whats funny is i believe before the latest patch gsync was working for me, but since todays patch its stopped working. very disappointed with nvidia, windows, dice whoever is responsible that they still havent fixed this issue.. 
  • S0magical
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

works fine for me
    can i asked what monitor and gpu you have please?
  • Carbonic
    1164 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I just tested and gsync + dx12 works for me as it has pretty much always in Battlefield V except when Nvidia messes up their driver.
    Running a 1080ti + Asus MG278Q monitor in borderless fullscreen 1440p ultra and DX12 with the latest GeForce 430.53 hotfix driver locked at 120FPS with dips down to 100 when a lot is happening. Screenshot attached.