Rented Servers when?

Comments

• Beat_Mangler80
    504 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We will one day have our servers
    Never buy a Battlefield game before it is six months old.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Arguably, every release of Battlefield continues to sell, years after release, due to the existence of community run servers.

Why would anyone buy BF3 and BF4 today, if there weren’t any servers left to play in?

None of the official servers for BF3 and BF4 are paid by EA. ALL of them are paid by communities. BF3 and BF4 are still being sold today.
  • Jaskaman
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It has been taking too long without RSP, it's needed.
  • Amp1776
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I MIGHT FORGIVE ALL THESE BUGS IF THEY IMMEDIATELY BRING RENTED SERVERS TO bfV.

who"s with me? l
  • Jaskaman
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Amp1776 wrote: »
    I MIGHT FORGIVE ALL THESE BUGS IF THEY IMMEDIATELY BRING RENTED SERVERS TO bfV.

who"s with me? l

I would not go that far but at least it could make situation better :)
  • Amp1776
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its sure would help a whole lot!
  • Korci007
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hell yeah!

If they want to keep this game around they’ll have to give us rsp orherwise player groups will leave to games where they can organize events. Not having events means less publicity which means faster player decline which means less income from ingame sales. I’m sure EA is familiar with this relation. I know they have issues with the rsp program but leaving it out completely is a decision made by someone incompetent or with a different plan. So the question is if they are incompetent or they don’t plan to support the game for a longer period.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't even find a server right now, this server browser seems to be borked to death.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    504 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When they feel like it, not a moment sooner.
    Never forget!
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully NEVER. You want to go back to the days of getting kicked/banned from servers for playing too good? Yeah no thanks. People can't handle the responsibility of being an admin unfortunately. There should be one reason and one reason only to kick/ban someone: hacking. And by "hacking" I mean SOLID PROOF someone is hacking. And someone being better than you is not hacking, sorry.

It's really simpel really. Good servers that are managed correctly, will be popular. Bad servers with abuse admins will die rather quickly. So I don't see how clanmates wanting to play together impacts you in any way. You can still play on public servers run by EA.
    Clanmates can play together on the current servers. I do it all the time.

Yeah I've seen your gameplay, k\d lackie. Funny how in your YouTube vids most of the time your team loses whilst you post up vids titled along the lines of "omg 60-0 gameplay teammate gets mad". :|

lmfao
  • Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I hope never because the amount of admin abuse in BF4 servers got on my F***ing nerves.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia wrote: »
    I hope never because the amount of admin abuse in BF4 servers got on my F***ing nerves.

what is wrong with you ?
  • TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA doesnt want a community to form around the game with rsp servers,they need you to move onto their next title.
    Bf4 is a prime example,lots still play the game and due to this EA/Dice still needs to provide support for the game long after its stopped making them cash,patches/moderators all cost money and the answer to this is to not provide an rsp and you can eventually shut all the servers down and save cash as you no longer need to provide support for the game.

If you have a popular server and have a large community that still enjoys playing then theres less incentive for you to move onto the next EA/Dice title.

Its purely financial,and while EA/Dice like to throw around the community buzz word because it sounds good and makes you feel like you are part of something given the choice between saving/making cash and promoting community spirit cash will always win out.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 8
    EA isn't going to allow rented servers. Rented servers with modified rules are a big problem for games that are built around micro-transactions because they lead to farming.

If little Johnny joins a rented server that's set up to farm Company Coin he probably isn't going to ask Mom and Dad for $10.00 to buy a Golden Gun Pack. He's going to farm the gun pack. Then he's going to tell his friends about it and some of them will farm for their Golden Gun Packs as well.

Then Johnny and his friends can throw their $10 at some twitch cleavage.

Post edited by rockin_master on
  • CrashCA
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The problem is YOU.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

The amount of admin abuse I’ve seen is minimal, compared to the horrendous amount of abusive and malicious players that passed our servers.

There is simply no comparison: malicious players far outnumbered the few badmins.
  • Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

The problem is YOU.

Yeah right, the problem is me when some cu*t admin nukes my whole team at the beginning of an operation metro game to give his team an advantage or when I get thrown into the losing team at the end of a round just because, or when an admin tasks my sniper slot that I had from the beginning of the game away because I was doing too good with it that round. Just **** off, don't tell me that the problem is me.
  • Yahia

The amount of admin abuse I’ve seen is minimal, compared to the horrendous amount of abusive and malicious players that passed our servers.

There is simply no comparison: malicious players far outnumbered the few badmins.

Read my previous comment, I listed a FEW of the things that happened to me because of admin abuse.
  • CrashCA
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah right, the problem is me when some cu*t admin nukes my whole team at the beginning of an operation metro game to give his team an advantage or when I get thrown into the losing team at the end of a round just because, or when an admin tasks my sniper slot that I had from the beginning of the game away because I was doing too good with it that round. Just **** off, don't tell me that the problem is me.

Take your sorry **** to "Official" servers.