Roadmap in Battlefield V

lionking7001
222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2019
I think that it was Battlefield 3 that had a real roadmap for the whole timespan that the game stretched for. It covered dates for the main events like map packs, new guns, new game modes, addition of rental severs..

I think that would be great to have in Battlefield V. It should be a part of a live service!

What do you guys think? What should be included?

Comments

• Frenchterran
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1st step : fix the game. Due time : 2022.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think that it was Battlefield 3 that had a real roadmap for the whole timespan that the game stretched for. It covered dates for the main events like map packs, new guns, new game modes, addition of rental severs..

I think that would be great to have in Battlefield V. It should be a part of a live service!

You re asking for more work from the devs..... not sure you will have it!
  • lionking7001
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that if you only sit on the information it shouldn't take that much time to put a roadmap together and publish. But I can also understand that if it's panic and chaos Dice have other things to prioritize.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2019
    I think that if you only sit on the information it shouldn't take that much time to put a roadmap together and publish. But I can also understand that if it's panic and chaos Dice have other things to prioritize.

I agree with you, but seeing the actual game, it must be chaos at Dice.
  • URMOMZNUTS
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Found this one on Reddit.

RMG8SuisPMcuQs-z1C-s8-Qi0VHvPZPKJqeH5xIbd5s.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=830c08ef0cf21b45064b90b88174db3f2089f4e0
  • JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

BF3 had premium DLC. The first DLC 'Back to Karkand' dropped weeks after initial release. I just don't think you are going to get the same level of content with a live service model.

There is no reason why the road map is hidden past March. Giving the playerbase an idea (if they know) of what is to come will keep them interested.
  • lionking7001
    @URMOMZNUTS That's something like it. No dates thou and ends in two months.

@JediMastaWyn Agree that a roadmap could keep the interest up.

One thing with information from Dice is that you never knows where to search. Bf-forum, Twitter, Reddit.......
  • lionking7001
    Maybe now we actually are going to get a real road map for the game.