This Week in Battlefield V - January 7 - New Year Edition

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
edited January 9
qabvt1r9o2921.jpg

Welcome to the January 7th New Year edition of This Week in Battlefield V!

We’re proud to have launched Battlefield V with you and are just as excited to embark on our journey throughout 2019 that will initially introduce two previously announced Tides of War chapters. Getting us all on the same page, friendly reminder that Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes kicks off here in January and lasts until March where we change gears and roll out Chapter 3: Trial by Fire.
lhrhs4mao2921.jpg

As we stoke up the fire, you’ll be learning more about Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes including new content, new challenges, the all-new Combined Arms co-op experience, two new game Modes, and more! Stick with us through any of Battlefield’s channels so you don’t miss a beat. In the meantime, below you’ll find a glimpse at what to expect this week within the Battlefield V community.

As always, timing on the below can always shift. We’ll do our best to keep you updated of any changes.

6oa33t2ws2921.png

Monday, January 7th
  • LIVE NOW Article – This Week in Battlefield V – The rundown of various news beats in a concise communication roadmap. This is the article you’re reading!
  • LIVE NOW Article – Battlefield V’s Known Issues List Update (Reddit & Forums) – As we track known issues internally and acknowledge major issues brought to our attention we’ll keep our Known Issues list updated frequently.

Tuesday, January 8th
  • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week – Kicking off a new weekly beat, we want to take a moment to recognize killer in-game moments from the community, whether it’s an incredible long-distance headshot, a crazy action-hero multi-kill, or a gnarly plane stunt, for examples. Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World Dog Tag!

Wednesday, January 9th
  • [DELAYED TO LATER IN THE MONTH] Monthly Community Highlight – Only in Battlefield Moments January Highlights – A collective of some of the best OIB moments we’ve come across from the community. Like the above, each clip author will receive a Best Community in the World Dog Tag.

Thursday, January 10th
  • Teaser – Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes – That’s all we’re going to say for now.

Friday, January 11th
  • Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.
s6o2z2yws2921.png

w57pvpw7t2921.png

74kseszlo2921.jpg
Jeff “Braddock512” Braddock, Battlefield Community Manager

Edit:
  • The 'Monthly Community Highlight – Only in Battlefield Moments January Highlights' has been delayed as we are still pulling together the montage video.
Post edited by danmotoxx on

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Having the highest count is the only thing that matters. B)
  • JAU1973
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Along with all of the core gameplay issues and underpowered weapons, largely decreasing or just eliminating lag compensation would benefit a majority of the players. It's 2019 and most people have access to a solid internet connection, so stop punishing those who do by giving the players with poor connection an unfair advantage. Most people have a good internet connection and some don't, that's life. Lag compensation is the equivalent of a participation trophy.
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What about company coins XD will u guys fix this finally?
  • SithMetal71
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    what about planes, they need work (as well as getting spawn killed before take off on some maps) Also more vehicles in general.
  • Deltium
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We appreciate the new content, but as stated already, patch notes would be highly preferred, and personally, I would like to hear what EA / Dice are doing about aimbots, ESP, and other cheating methods in multiplayer. There are literally tons of websites online offering unfair tools to cheat in this game, which is exceptionally frustrating. Thank you.
  • villet4x
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very nice 10 points for telling us about the patch👌 I cant believe this enymore, I think i hop into world of COD.
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ignore all this guys here just repair bug with company goins and give me like 100k cc couase i got 220h+ and still not getting coins on 50 lvl thx :E
  • wlkos
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't need new maps, new skins. What I need is playing BF V 2 game in a row. Now i must Alt+F4 almost every game because new map stops loading. Nobody from EA/DICE don't care. Every game when I play allready starts and I lost many points every game. Company coins? I can't buy upgrade's for weapon. DO SOMETHING !!!
  • scienceteacher74
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JAU1973 wrote: »
    Along with all of the core gameplay issues and underpowered weapons, largely decreasing or just eliminating lag compensation would benefit a majority of the players. It's 2019 and most people have access to a solid internet connection, so stop punishing those who do by giving the players with poor connection an unfair advantage. Most people have a good internet connection and some don't, that's life. Lag compensation is the equivalent of a participation trophy.

Lol, nope. Trying to put players with higher pings onto a level playing field is not giving them a participation trophy, not even close. I would say it is the opposite- people on low pings would be at an unfair advantage and should be getting the participation trophy. A player with a 15ms ping is like getting a 10m head start in the 100m dash over a player with a 65ms ping. You are looking at it wrong. I am stuck on a 65ms ping as the closest server is in Sydney, on the other side of the country.
  • Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I need my USSR <3 They won the was for us, they deserve to come quickly.