Servers

Scrounger1
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
EA, Its about time you stop controlling the servers, open up the servers to public so we can join in on our friends without waiting to find a server that will allow 4 in a squad to get in!! The wait sucks to say the least. Do the right thing EA. Thanks. Does EA really read the forums hear?

Comments

• Carbonic
    1214 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm interested in hearing the logic behind why you think public servers would make it easier for squads of 4 to join servers compared to creating a party and then using the quick join feature as you can right now.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think he's referring to rentable server's. Which we need in such a bad way. To me this should of came out when the game launched but hey EA and Dice know best right...
  • Scrounger1
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think he's referring to rentable server's. Which we need in such a bad way. To me this should of came out when the game launched but hey EA and Dice know best right...

Correct!!
  • Scrounger1
    Carbonic wrote: »
    I'm interested in hearing the logic behind why you think public servers would make it easier for squads of 4 to join servers compared to creating a party and then using the quick join feature as you can right now.

Most of the time the quick join does not work if you are in a 4 man squad and the game is trying to find EA server with 4 slots open. If I had a rented server, that problem would no longer exist !!!
  • CrashCA
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • StingX71
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8

Are you serious?

DICE's quick join algorithm wants to keep all servers full. When you try to join a server with 4 , one, maybe two of you will get in. Then the others have to wait. If a 5th or 6th player wants to play with you, they can "join on server" but may or may not land on your side. If they don't, they can't switch.

In BF4, you could join a server that was starting to populate, but that nearly impossible now as most servers will only have a few spot open because of the algorithm.

Clan servers would probably at least allow team switching so all your friends can be on one side.

I've also seen it throw us in an empty server on more than one occasion. It can take 15-20 minutes to get all your friends on one server. Very frustrating.

Whole system is a royal mess.

Add this to the list of why BF V sales are bad.
  • Scrounger1
    StingX71 wrote: »

Are you serious?

DICE's quick join algorithm wants to keep all servers full. When you try to join a server with 4 , one, maybe two of you will get in. Then the others have to wait. If a 5th or 6th player wants to play with you, they can "join on server" but may or may not land on your side. If they don't, they can't switch.

In BF4, you could join a server that was starting to populate, but that nearly impossible now as most servers will only have a few spot open because of the algorithm.

Clan servers would probably at least allow team switching so all your friends can be on one side.

I've also seen it throw us in an empty server on more than one occasion. It can take 15-20 minutes to get all your friends on one server. Very frustrating.

Whole system is a royal mess.

Add this to the list of why BF V sales are bad.

Well said, very well said. After this, I will most likely never buy another EA Game, and to the point, they (EA) will never post to this thread, another reason I wont buy another game, they really don't care as long as they get money, but no more of mine!!
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Scrounger1 wrote: »
    After this, I will most likely never buy another EA Game

If I had a nickel for every time somebody said this I'd be able to fix all these problems.

• YourLocalPlumber
    2717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If Dice adds RSP, they must give us an option to bypass them in Quick Play, and filter out private servers from the server browser.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would think quick play would automatically be limited to DICE servers.
  • Scrounger1
    I want to pick a server myself, don't wont ea picking one for me!! I have friends that like to meet up on a server, (Our own server) and play anytime I would like!!