Red Dot

WolfInSheepsSkin
260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Can I please just have a red dot. Idc if it’s not historically accurate. The 1x is the ugliest sight I have ever seen. Like why? Who are you trying to please? Just give me a simple red dot. I mean I would like the option to customize the reticle and have LOTS of choices....BUT am willing to compromise and just take a red dot. Something as simple as that would make me happier. Even tho it should already be included. Until then, I am forced to use the 2x on everything or iron sights as a medic. Smh. #CommonSense

Comments

• WetFishDB
    2329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally don’t use irons at all. If I’m playing Assault then most have a x3 scope, or occasionally I go for the closer quarters optic as I would with Medic SMG’s etc. It really isn’t that bad. I believe you can change the colour of the cross hair (or at least I’ve seen a few YouTube’s with people using slightly different coloured ones).
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Too much work require for a red dot.
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    red dot wont make the gun shoot more accurate you still need to do your part, also just change your reticle color to red.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can I please just have a red dot. Idc if it’s not historically accurate. The 1x is the ugliest sight I have ever seen. Like why? Who are you trying to please? Just give me a simple red dot. I mean I would like the option to customize the reticle and have LOTS of choices....BUT am willing to compromise and just take a red dot. Something as simple as that would make me happier. Even tho it should already be included. Until then, I am forced to use the 2x on everything or iron sights as a medic. Smh. #CommonSense

You have a simple red dot sight. Its the Nydar Sight on some guns or the Reflex sight on others. All are 1x zoom. Aside from the Selb 1906 and the AG M42 no other weapon has a 2x sight to it.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Red dots weren't invented until the 1970s. Nydar sights were around in the 40s (albiet they were very rare)

May as well ask for a G36 because you don't like how the STG-44 looks.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    While you're at it make it a triple red dot.
  • Indigology
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While youre at it, lets add helicopters and fighter jets...jesus the stupid stuff on here never ceases to amaze me
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Indigology wrote: »
    While youre at it, lets add helicopters and fighter jets...jesus the stupid stuff on here never ceases to amaze me

Fighter jets wouldn’t be unreasonable.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Messerschmitt Me 262... :)
    Anyway I wouldn't mind seeing 2x sights (either the Apenture version or the AG M42 one) on the LMG's & SMG's. Sometimes 3x on LMG's have too much zoom, so I use ironsights instead 'cause they got 1.5x zoom. Though for red dots, you can change the nydar/reflex sight reticle color under 'basic gameplay' options. ;)
  • UglyNoah
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Red dot would be cool
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    392 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind a red dot sight, as in how the optical variants had in BF1.
  • SovereignGS
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    My only problem with the Nydar/Reflex sight is that the glass it sits in is too dark and it is hard to track enemies with. It also darkens the negative space outside the sight when you ADS for some reason, even with DOF disabled... As such I pretty much only use irons or 3x. I just wish they would give me a 1x iron sight, or an adjustable zoom like in BF1.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer iron sights most of the time. Kind of gives me a challenge to make the game interesting.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why not? Why not add whatever we want, since DICE already explained this is an "alternate version" of WW2?

I'd like a laser gun. And a portable nuke. And that gun that makes you doo doo your pants with sound waves.

• Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Red dot will cost u 100 cod points.

Wait wrong game.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You have a simple red dot sight. Its the Nydar Sight on some guns or the Reflex sight on others. All are 1x zoom. Aside from the Selb 1906 and the AG M42 no other weapon has a 2x sight to it.

Actually most if not all of the Assault and Recon guns have a 2x sight, except it's trash - the Aperture sight. But no one uses it really because it looks awful, the reticle is hard to use and it severely limits FoV despite being close-range. Hopefully we can get the 2x scopes on all Assault, Support and Recon weapons at some point.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Red dot will cost u 100 cod points.

Wait wrong game.
    Only costs me 4 bottom presses on my monitor :P
    QNJL5Dl.jpg
  • WolfInSheepsSkin
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I didn’t realize this was a historically accurate masterpiece... idk why they can’t just give me a basic red dot. Cod ww2 reticles > bfv crap reticles with weird tints. K thanks
  • TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »

Messerschmitt Me 262... :)
    Fighter Jet. Not Jet Bomber.