Devastation

Hellcat2211
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I feel that whenever I get the map devastation, I simply get roflstomped by the enemy at every turn. It’s not fun to play to the point that whenever I’m in a squad with my friends we all leave so we don’t rip our hair out. It reminds me of how lopsided Suez or Fao Fortress felt from BF1. Does anyone else feel like that?

Comments

• AssassinoX1
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Not going to lie, I kinda have been feeling this way. That level often seems one sided and I feel like I'm almost always starting on the one that usually gets dominated. I can't put my finger on why it is. On the other side I definitely win more. (Can't remember team specifics, sorry).
  • Hellcat2211
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to lie, I kinda have been feeling this way. That level often seems one sided and I feel like I'm almost always starting on the one that usually gets dominated. I can't put my finger on why it is. On the other side I definitely win more. (Can't remember team specifics, sorry).
    It always feels like the first team to take the C point is guaranteed the win, I don’t know why. It’s especially bad if you’re Britain with having E point just outside of C.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s that darn church. Enemies in there are like cockroaches around every corner. I’m a decent player and I cannot do well in there...it’s a meat grinder. It seems like the team that gets set up in there upstairs dominates. It’s taught me I need to get much better at playing up close...and in this game that can be a punishing learning experience.

I was playing breakthrough tonight and on two separate games (attacking) we got pushed into our spawn and couldn’t get out. It’s nearly impossible to do well and try to take back B flag when this happens.

It’s also really hard to see enemies on this map (maybe more so than the others). I continually get instadropped by what looks to me like a pile of bricks or rubble.

Definitely feel your frustration. Maybe some minor tweaks could fix things and overall I feel like the map has lots of potential.

Definitely enjoying the game but I agree with everyone’s assessment of some issues.
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find it a fun map, probs cause my squad is doing stomping, but what we usually do is stay at an objective and hold down the fort so to speak. It is a very hard map to see enemies and with the corridor type design on the streets there are a lot of choke points where if you are running you can just get wrecked.

Stay with your squad, post up, and let the foolish come to you. You will have more fun. People don't like being killed, and when you defend a flag you will have repeat customers that want to clear you off.

Also to heck with C flag on this map, if you want to have fun and not die as much go to any other place but C flag lol

• FocalCapybara34
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mgood1845 wrote: »

Also to heck with C flag on this map, if you want to have fun and not die as much go to any other place but C flag lol

This, concentrate on b & d and your home flag first
  • dayglowfroggy
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soumi Soumi Soumi there I said it this gun excels on this map and if you are not shy with the smoke then it's fun times in c.
    Its the best map for medic class just wish they listed a revive streak I reckon I could be up on about 12 or 15.
    just staying in b the whole match with your team can be very rewarding as well with full fortifications.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's the second best map behind Rotterdam. If you're running and gunning in the church you're going to get destroyed. Stick to safer routes. Plenty of routes force linear engagements. Take routes that ensure you meet the enemy head on. You don't want to put yourself in a situation where you need eyes in the back of your head
    It's one of the most predictable maps in terms of knowing where the enemy is going to be coming from.
  • GirlMisfit
    100 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a love hate relationship with the chior loft. You have to cover the ramp to the open side of the church, but any sniper can sneak into the many windows and pick you off. While you can sand bag the steps, they always seem to get blown up. I have held it before with regular squad mates with mics, and I have been walked all over with mic less team mates not interested in defending the loft.
  • NauticalTrackin
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forget about the C flag, it’s a meat grinder and will just cost your team tickets, go for all the outside flags instead, let the enemy have C. While it’s fun to fight inside the Cathedral it’s not worth it in my opinion. I can’t tell you how many games I’ve lost on devastation because the blueberries only wanted to focus on C and none of the other flags.
  • GrimeySix
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its the best map for medic class just wish they listed a revive streak I reckon I could be up on about 12 or 15.
    As I've started trying to level up my medic class, this is my biggest disappoinment, that revives aren't treated with quite as much weight as I feel like they should. Not even an end of round stat count?
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I
    Forget about the C flag, it’s a meat grinder and will just cost your team tickets, go for all the outside flags instead, let the enemy have C. While it’s fun to fight inside the Cathedral it’s not worth it in my opinion. I can’t tell you how many games I’ve lost on devastation because the blueberries only wanted to focus on C and none of the other flags.

Yep. Exactly how I play the map most of the time (sometimes I can't help but go into the church just to get involved in the whirlwind if the team I am on is in a good position to win). Focusing on everything but C (especially if you are in a full squad) seems to throw off the opposing team at times because people get sooo focused on the chaos that is the church, they are not paying attention tot he fact they ar elosing everything else. I've found myself guilty of matches right after release, where I was just running the cycle of insanity: enter C, shoot at anything that moves, die quickly, respwan, repeat. All the while getting nothing done but frustrating myself. I actually had to ask myself if I had lost a bunch of IQ points based on my unwillingness to just let that havoc in the church alone and PTFO everything else. But in all, I like the map. But I enjoy it when it's hard to stay alive. I like that Devastation offers so many angles to get shots off from unlikely places.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GirlMisfit wrote: »
    I have a love hate relationship with the chior loft. You have to cover the ramp to the open side of the church, but any sniper can sneak into the many windows and pick you off. While you can sand bag the steps, they always seem to get blown up. I have held it before with regular squad mates with mics, and I have been walked all over with mic less team mates not interested in defending the loft.

I just realized last night that there’s a vickers gun pointing right into the side of the church at said choir loft...I had 18 straight kills on it just continuing to mow down the enemy team, then again as they tried to come kill me. Not sure how I never realized this before but you can bet I’ll be going back there every time the enemy team is holding C and up there. Lol

• Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    As I've started trying to level up my medic class, this is my biggest disappointment, that revives aren't treated with quite as much weight as I feel like they should. Not even an end of round stat count?

Those stats are in the squad overview tab in the after action area. It will give your stats and the squads overall contribution on stuff like revives, resupplies, captures, ect.
  • GrimeySix
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »

Those stats are in the squad overview tab in the after action area. It will give your stats and the squads overall contribution on stuff like revives, resupplies, captures, ect.

Am I just somehow missing it? I swear I've never seen revives included?

• Aflag666

Am I just somehow missing it? I swear I've never seen revives included?

I've heard that before and I wonder if it depends on how much of each category the overall squad contirbutes. I often play with the same people, and we are more or less consitent in our roles so the revie stat is always there I think. I know I see it often. But say, you were a medic in a squad with 3 snipers. Would revives be part of the stat list for that squad? I don't know, but maybe that is a thing. Conversely though, if you are solo, and a medic reviving everything under the sun, woudn't that HAVE to be one fo the stats shown? An interesting topic. I play medic a lot and see my revives and the squads on the regular. But now I'm going to pay more attention and see if I don't get the stat sheet without it at times. I'll try to give feedback unless someone comes along and solves the mystery of what is shown and why.
  • GrimeySix
    edited January 11

I've heard that before and I wonder if it depends on how much of each category the overall squad contirbutes. I often play with the same people, and we are more or less consitent in our roles so the revie stat is always there I think. I know I see it often. But say, you were a medic in a squad with 3 snipers. Would revives be part of the stat list for that squad? I don't know, but maybe that is a thing. Conversely though, if you are solo, and a medic reviving everything under the sun, woudn't that HAVE to be one fo the stats shown? An interesting topic. I play medic a lot and see my revives and the squads on the regular. But now I'm going to pay more attention and see if I don't get the stat sheet without it at times. I'll try to give feedback unless someone comes along and solves the mystery of what is shown and why.

I'll be doing the same, it might be along the lines of what you suggested. I play medic sparingly but I'm trying to level up stuff, so I'll be on it more consistently.
    Post edited by GrimeySix on
  • sabersun
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My guess is that it depends on the game mode. Conquest nope. Frontline yes. Etc
  • GirlMisfit
    100 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »
    GirlMisfit wrote: »

I just realized last night that there’s a vickers gun pointing right into the side of the church at said choir loft...I had 18 straight kills on it just continuing to mow down the enemy team, then again as they tried to come kill me. Not sure how I never realized this before but you can bet I’ll be going back there every time the enemy team is holding C and up there. Lol

I think it is built by a support person because I dont think it is always there. I have seen some support machine gunners try and work that and I have been able to nail them with my M1. I worry more about those darn snipers in windows I cant see.
  • XxmOss72xX
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    D flag is my favorite point to fight over, and usually from the standpoint of having to take it (take it back)
  • Aflag666

I've heard that before and I wonder if it depends on how much of each category the overall squad contributes. I often play with the same people, and we are more or less consitent in our roles so the revive stat is always there I think. I know I see it often. But say, you were a medic in a squad with 3 snipers. Would revives be part of the stat list for that squad? I don't know, but maybe that is a thing. Conversely though, if you are solo, and a medic reviving everything under the sun, wouldn't that HAVE to be one of the stats shown? An interesting topic. I play medic a lot and see my revives and the squads on the regular. But now I'm going to pay more attention and see if I don't get the stat sheet without it at times. I'll try to give feedback unless someone comes along and solves the mystery of what is shown and why.

I'll be doing the same, it might be along the lines of what you suggested. I play medic sparingly but I'm trying to level up stuff, so I'll be on it more consistently.

So it seems to depend on what your squad does because I've been purposely playing support and joining squads with no medic. The result, no stat for revives listed. Even though one match I had 9+ revives as support player (I can't help trying to beat the odds when a squad mate is down). Still no revive stat. Then played rounds as a medic and made sure I was in a squad with another active medic. Revive stat displayed.