Pistols suck

BaronOBeefbip
12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Can we get a damage buff for the pistols. They're utterly useless. Hit a guy with 7 out of 8 round with my 1911 and he didn't die.

Comments

• Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get a damage buff for the pistols. They're utterly useless. Hit a guy with 7 out of 8 round with my 1911 and he didn't die.
    No...you missed.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Weird I was just thinking how much of a joke they are when some boring sniper crawls out from their rock and actually engages with you.
  • Noodlesocks
    2783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They do seem pretty weak compared to other Battlefield games. Wouldn't mind seeing pistol specialiasations.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    seem pretty good for how often I get OHK by recon with a pistol
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you want a pistol with a bigger punch then try the revolver.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's still a 3 shot kill though isn't it?

Bring back the ray gun...
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant buff the pistols. Others have expressed their discontent with being killed by a stray pistol bullet.

I kid. But I think pistols are fine. They are ment to be an oh **** backup when u hear the click of your gun.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a 35

As a 31* Bodeo user from BF1 and it being my highest kills weapon; I am incredibly unimpressed with the MkIV in BF5. Needing 3 shots to kill at a target less than 25 meters away is a slap in the face. Yes, I'm aware of the OHK headshot in close, I don't think it actually matters that much.

I generally use the 1911 on Medic and Support, Repeiterpistole (sp?) on Medic and Recon, and that's about it.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich wrote: »

It's still a 3 shot kill though isn't it?

Bring back the ray gun...

I believe it's 2 body shots to kill if they're right in your face or 1 to the head. The damage drop off is pretty severe after 7m from memory.
  • CSO7777
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There was some guys analyzing the damage of the pistols (on reddit). Their conclusion was the repetierpistole or the revolver are the best damage-wise.

I think they found out that the repetierpistole was the best gun overall, it had the longest 3-hit-kill-range.

The revolver can one-shot-kill with headshots up to 7 meters though.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted the Ruby to be the Frommer stop from bf1 equivalent but sadly it's not.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    There was some guys analyzing the damage of the pistols (on reddit). Their conclusion was the repetierpistole or the revolver are the best damage-wise.

I think they found out that the repetierpistole was the best gun overall, it had the longest 3-hit-kill-range.

The reality of a Revolver round hitting you in the head within a reasonable range would pretty much turn your head into a canoe, so 7m seems a bit unfair and short don't you think?!

I can't control the revolver or repetierpistole for my style of play. If I ever have to use my sidearm, I mash my controller, hoping the fire rate prevails.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY

Yeah the repetierpistole is good too, I just dislike the long reload time.
  • Mangrey
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How abount learing to Aim then come back again. Lets take it from there.
    The pistols are fine damage wise
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I once shot a guy with my primary for what I remember was 80-90 damage at about 50m. I switched to the P38, whatever the starter pistol is, and shot him again, still no kill, and finally I got a headshot on him to kill him. Let's just say it was 80 damage, plus 2 pistol shots at 50m.

That damage drop-off is brutal...
  • redwing456734
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich wrote: »

The reality of a Revolver round hitting you in the head within a reasonable range would pretty much turn your head into a canoe, so 7m seems a bit unfair and short don't you think?!

I can't control the revolver or repetierpistole for my style of play. If I ever have to use my sidearm, I mash my controller, hoping the fire rate prevails.

Depends on the Round... I believe the MkIV used the .455 Webley which is slightly larger than the 45 acp the 1911 uses. What is interesting, is that the 45acp the 1911 used in WWII was a faster round than the .455 Webley and have more energy to the target. the 45 acp in 230 grain FMJ would hit with about 369 ft/lbs. the .455 Webely with a 265 grain FMJ would hit with 289 ft/lb. in real life both pistols would mess up your head (the 9mm fMJ could potentially be survivable depending on location but probably will still kill you).

basically all the .45s should hit harder than the revolver other than the liberator (barrel length negates full powder burn).... but that would really mess up balance so the fact that the revolver one hit kills at all seems fair.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pistols are one of the most op weapons in game........ They need a Nerf and ammo reduction.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're pretty bad. Only 2 worth using (Revolver and Repiterpistole)

Just for comparison's sake the revolver is only a 2 hit kill (OHK to head) out to 7m. Compare to BF1 revolvers around the same 200 ROF that generally could 2hk to 12m (18m for Bodeo)

Repieterpistole is 4hk to 7m @ 450rpm which isn't terrible. P38 and Luger have same damage model but are much slower ROF, so they're trash by comparison

1911 can 3 hit to 7m but has a low fire rate so isn't great even there (and it's trash as the Luger/P38 after)

Ruby is 5 hit kill minimum at same ROF as Repieterpistole. Trash again.

Liberator is meme gun like the Kolibri (except even worse, technically. Kolibri was good finisher for bolt action).