Pistols suck

Comments

• danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted the Ruby to be the Frommer stop from bf1 equivalent but sadly it's not.

In the beta, the ruby was great. I started using the frommer stop because of it. Rhby is very dissapointing.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pistols are one of the most op weapons in game........ They need a Nerf and ammo reduction.

Ok, not funny if thats what u were going for.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    danosta wrote: »
    Pistols are one of the most op weapons in game........ They need a Nerf and ammo reduction.

Heh.... Have been one of the most op weapons in game.. the aim assist soaks into your targets on console, they have way too much ammo as a secondary, and I see many players at lvl 50 main handing the pistols as a primary.
  • macktiz45
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s the damage drop off, not the raw damage values that make them suck so bad.
    When the rest of BFV feels (and is) much faster TTK compared to BF1, but the pistols are somehow WORSE than BF1(or most certainly feel like it), it’s a real kick in the face for anyone who liked pistols.

I use the revolver but it’s frustrating needing that third bullet at such close range and often gets you killed. The OHK headshots are nice but not reliable enough unless you’re an aiming phenom, especially with console joysticks, where I play.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Heh.... Have been one of the most op weapons in game.. the aim assist soaks into your targets on console, they have way too much ammo as a secondary, and I see many players at lvl 50 main handing the pistols as a primary.

no they're statistically trash tier. A BF1 Bodeo or Auto Revolver runs circles around every pistol currently in game.

This combined with the fact that most primaries got stronger from BF1 effectively gives sidearms a double nerf.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

no they're statistically trash tier. A BF1 Bodeo or Auto Revolver runs circles around every pistol currently in game.

This combined with the fact that most primaries got stronger from BF1 effectively gives sidearms a double nerf.

I strongly disagree. On all of it. Pistols are strong and as good as they were in bf1. Not much has really changed if anything at all. The only thing I really want to see changed is the ammo capacity reduced by 50% or more. Once you get use to them especially on console you will see how nasty they are. If you are on console, then you are not using them right with the aim assist.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I strongly disagree. On all of it. Pistols are strong and as good as they were in bf1. Not much has really changed if anything at all. The only thing I really want to see changed is the ammo capacity reduced by 50% or more. Once you get use to them especially on console you will see how nasty they are. If you are on console, then you are not using them right with the aim assist.

There is no aim assist on consoles anymore, only slowdown.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    As a 35
    If you want a pistol with a bigger punch then try the revolver.

As a 31* Bodeo user from BF1 and it being my highest kills weapon; I am incredibly unimpressed with the MkIV in BF5. Needing 3 shots to kill at a target less than 25 meters away is a slap in the face. Yes, I'm aware of the OHK headshot in close, I don't think it actually matters that much.
    For the likes of Relaaa it actually matters a lot:

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Danz_RS wrote: »
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    As a 35
    If you want a pistol with a bigger punch then try the revolver.

As a 31* Bodeo user from BF1 and it being my highest kills weapon; I am incredibly unimpressed with the MkIV in BF5. Needing 3 shots to kill at a target less than 25 meters away is a slap in the face. Yes, I'm aware of the OHK headshot in close, I don't think it actually matters that much.
    For the likes of Relaaa it actually matters a lot:

Well I mean, c'mon.

Relaaa
  • smokintom214

There is no aim assist on consoles anymore, only slowdown.

Somehow, or whatever it is. Soaks into players at times
  • danosta

I disagree. I can rock with a frommer stop or 1911 in bf1. In this game, the only decent option is the revolver.
  • danosta

I disagree. Pistols suck. Even levelcap agrees.
  • olavafar
    2028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think generally they work up close (as in withing flag zones). What I'd like would rather be that the pull bolt scout rifles made more damage up close so that one hit with the gun was enough. Firing the rifle, switching to the gun and shoot does not make time for more than one shot as by then your target has turned and if they have something else than a scout rifle, you will be dead before shooting the 2nd shot mostly, even if they are not very accurate. I prefer the rifle as primary even in flag zones but as it is now, not getting the head shot means certain death. Going for the gun to start with is a better option currently.
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont have any real issue with them , it is not as if you run around using as a main, it is just a back up if you come across multiple enemies and are lucky to kill the first 2 / 3 with main gun and need to finish the last. Revolver is the best imo as long as you have decent aim.
  • DarIthris
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Majority of the pistols are crap. They have so little range or they just do not do enough damage to be worth even whipping it out to save your life. Anything that's not a Ruby or a Luger is a crap weapon, simply because they do more damage and seem to have better range while it too less shots while the M1911 was very much not capable of hitting harder. I managed to take 4 hits with the revolver. Four, and I was at most 15 meters from the target. I would understand it would possibly take 3 shots but four? I remember how powerful the .44 magnum in BF4 was and that damage dropoff was very good for a sidearm.

I could possibly be exaggerating, maybe it was softened up enemies but after using the revolver, and the M1911 for some time, I can't help but feel like the pistols overall just don't feel properly balanced. I loved how BF1 made them effective, I loved how they made melee effective (Topic for another thread though), and for some stupid reason DICE stood back from that.
  • thebossman2202
    399 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My top 3 pistols are tge M1911, Repertoiste and the P38.

I highly reccommend using the P38, its actually very accurate when you aim down sights and easy to get kills with

M1911 just feels good to use and a classic
    Repertoiste because its my favorite gun from BF1
  • VarmintKong
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    How do the swap times compare to BF1? Haven't tried to look at symthic, but it feels like the swap is sluggish. Perhaps you need the specialization to speed up swap for comparable time. I know one thing ticks me off is not being able to pistol swap when using the M30 rifle round; makes no sense.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Truth.
    And oh boy, I really miss using pistols in BFV.
  • 40PE
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    Can we get a damage buff for the pistols. They're utterly useless. Hit a guy with 7 out of 8 round with my 1911 and he didn't die.

I very much disagree with you. Just yesterday I had two kills I can recall that occurred with pistol. Granted, I used main weapon at first, but when I felt the next guy will kill me due to having just a few rounds in my main weap. I rather switched to the pistol.

One of the guy was passing front of me, I killed him with 3-4 shots.

Another player was coming out of cover quiet far away, 20-30meters and running from right to left. he was probably around 50% hp, I killed him also with 5-6 shots (and one or two certainly didn't hit him).

If my targetting and eyes would be better, I would need half the bullets to finish off enemies. I still love my Ruby even with my eyesight handicap. :)
  • smokintom214

I disagree. Pistols suck. Even levelcap agrees.

Lvlcap is just an average streamer now, their words are just opinions.