This Week in Battlefield V

Dwindling servers

Comments

• trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    browser seems broken today. only see Rush servers. no Conquest. But when I do quickmatch I get on a conquest server.

and yes checked the filter and changed it to Norht America, conquest, 0-10 slots available and still nothing. I think they are trying to move more players to BFV lol.

A lot of Rush servers though especially in Europe.
  • ronybaloney
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just don't get what's going on with the player-base.
    Last night there were 8 US West Conquest servers filled with the vanilla maps and none playing Mixed or DLC only servers?!?
    I find it hard to believe that all these players WANT to stick to the base game only. Does everyone use quick match now?
    I tried in vain the last few nights to get JackFrags' server going as well as a Mixed server going. I was never able to get more than 3 people to join! It's just weird what's happening and I do wonder if DICE is somehow trying to degrade the game for long time players so they move to BFV.
    US East seems to be having same problem.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    trip1ex wrote: »
    browser seems broken today. only see Rush servers. no Conquest. But when I do quickmatch I get on a conquest server.

and yes checked the filter and changed it to Norht America, conquest, 0-10 slots available and still nothing. I think they are trying to move more players to BFV lol.

In the Free Slots filter, check everything accept All and Spectator. You need to check None so that it shows full servers. There are plenty of Conquest servers going.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last night there were 8 US West Conquest servers filled with the vanilla maps and none playing Mixed or DLC only servers?!?
    I find it hard to believe that all these players WANT to stick to the base game only. Does everyone use quick match now?
    I tried in vain the last few nights to get JackFrags' server going as well as a Mixed server going. I was never able to get more than 3 people to join! It's just weird what's happening and I do wonder if DICE is somehow trying to degrade the game for long time players so they move to BFV.

JackFrags has a server? What is it called? Are you referring to FragShack? That's not Jack's server. I'm looking at the browser now on Saturday afternoon nd 99% of the U.S. servers are Official vanilla maps. Seems to be that nearly all players on console are using QM and don't seem to care about DLC maps enough to spend a few minutes of their precious game time to help get an all maps server going. LOL.
  • ronybaloney

JackFrags has a server? What is it called? Are you referring to FragShack? That's not Jack's server. I'm looking at the browser now on Saturday afternoon nd 99% of the U.S. servers are Official vanilla maps. Seems to be that nearly all players on console are using QM and don't seem to care about DLC maps enough to spend a few minutes of their precious game time to help get an all maps server going. LOL.

Sorry. Yes I meant FragShack! Lol. Your server.
    Sadly nothing but Crickets. :(
  • ronybaloney
    I was so desperate to play other maps I tried Japanese servers. Lot's of choices there but unfortunately performance was not great. Grrrrrr.......
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 5

Sorry. Yes I meant FragShack! Lol. Your server.
    Sadly nothing but Crickets. :(

FragShack is a server name that goes back about 12 years. Use to host COD servers with that name. Thank you for spending some of your time trying to get the server going. I appreciate it. I seeded it yesterday for about 8 hours or so and never got a round going. Been seeding it off and on today and still no luck. Pretty surprising when you look at all the Dice Official servers going in the U.S. This is why games die. Players get bored playing the same maps over and over and eventually leave the game. If more people were like you, there would be a nice variety of servers to play. But unfortunately most are selfish with their time and won't donate any of it to get a server going, even though they want to play different maps.

Been trying different maps to lure them in. Always had the most luck getting the PC server going with Sinai and Ballroom.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

In the Free Slots filter, check everything accept All and Spectator. You need to check None so that it shows full servers. There are plenty of Conquest servers going.

Yep 0 is the same as None and I said I checked 0. :)
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 6

Yep 0 is the same as None and I said I checked 0. :)

And you also checked None? Or you're assuming that checking 0 covers None?

• karcyon
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EU Servers are packed. Not sure what you are talking about.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    karcyon wrote: »

Just a BF V player saying that this game is dead while it's not. Ignore him. Plenty of servers.
  • karcyon
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Just a BF V player saying that this game is dead while it's not. Ignore him. Plenty of servers.

WTF?! I think you miss read my post. I literally just said BF1 servers are packed (crammed, full etc) to OP. I play BF5 too but I currently find myself playing BF1 more.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

WTF?! I think you miss read my post. I literally just said BF1 servers are packed (crammed, full etc) to OP. I play BF5 too but I currently find myself playing BF1 more.

I quoted the wrong person lol 😂
  • ronybaloney
    OP here.
    I'm not complaining about LACK of servers.... I'm complaining about lack of anything but VANILLA servers. I play Conquest on US West PS4 servers and there has been NOTHING but vanilla servers for weeks!
    Yeah, if you like nothing but the same old 9 maps over and over and over then yippee life is good! I'm just venting about players who are too stupid to use server browser or are so brain-dead as to not want to play.....I don't know........ALL 30 Maps!!??
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 9
    OP here.
    I'm not complaining about LACK of servers.... I'm complaining about lack of anything but VANILLA servers. I play Conquest on US West PS4 servers and there has been NOTHING but vanilla servers for weeks!
    Yeah, if you like nothing but the same old 9 maps over and over and over then yippee life is good! I'm just venting about players who are too stupid to use server browser or are so brain-dead as to not want to play.....I don't know........ALL 30 Maps!!??

Actually there are 29 maps 😁 You're totally right about nearly all the active servers in the U.S. being Dice Official original maps servers. Sad that more don't seem to have an issue with it. Games die when there is a lack of variety. Now they have those lame R2BF5 servers back to cater to the QM noobs and suck up most of the traffic. EA is trying to kill this game off.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    PS4 players are the biggest game hoppers. They have the bigggest community but when a new title gets released within the same franchise, they are most likely to dump the old title. Just look at the player base evolution.
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, now there seems to be a US West R2BFV server that is running conquest on maps like Verdun, Rupture, Soisons and Fort Deveau..

Not sure how they change the R2BFV servers especially since the road to BFV should be mostly completed.

I'm not complaining about getting some new maps though.

Also, for those wanting help seeding a new server I'd be down for that. Maybe we could set a date and time to populate a server? If we planned it, we might get enough repeat players to keep it going.
  • ronybaloney
    Well, now there seems to be a US West R2BFV server that is running conquest on maps like Verdun, Rupture, Soisons and Fort Deveau..

Not sure how they change the R2BFV servers especially since the road to BFV should be mostly completed.

I'm not complaining about getting some new maps though.

Also, for those wanting help seeding a new server I'd be down for that. Maybe we could set a date and time to populate a server? If we planned it, we might get enough repeat players to keep it going.

Yeah, when I read Antares65z post last night that they had R2BFV servers again I got excited and hopped right on one last night. Of course it has limited maps but I actually got to play Verdun and Fort De Vaux!! Whoohooo. Pretty sad when you get excited about a R2BFV sever just to play a non-vanilla map!! lol.
    I would join a date and time sever If someone wanted. I have a bad feeling it would only be me, you and Ant. :|
  • SebastianYarric
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's been pretty shocking how quickly this game has lost players recently. I love BF1 to death and was hoping the playerbase would be vibrant for another year or two (wishful thinking?)
    I like to play Conquest on PS4 and West Coast servers. I can no longer fing populated servers other than a few DICE official servers running vanilla maps. I literally have not played maps like Fort DeVaux or Verdun in months. With the apparent demise of the RTBFV servers I havent played a Russian map in awhile either.
    Question: Does BF1 still split it's playerbase between base game players and those with DLC and/or Premium? If so this is crazy. With a declining population DICE needs to make all maps available to all players. Havnt seen a populated "MIXED" server in forever let alone a DLC only server. I really miss playing all the maps.
    DICE please!!!

-
    I had the opposite feeling but I play in the EU.
    I have full servers at 1-3 am with 64 players on them so I'm happy.
    have you tried playing on the east coast?
    -
    The only guys that left are the ppl hosting HC servers and that's totally ok.
    But it seems they are all in the bfv forum now the way it looks and that is also totally ok.
    bf1 is totally ok.
    bf1 forum is way more civilized now and that is also totally ok.
    What I'm trying to say is bf1 will be totally ok for a long time.
    Why you ask? Since bfv is totally not ok and will not be totally ok in a long time.
    lol bfv is basically totally K.o. and not totally ok. lol
    -
    Also stop eating my posts you evil forum.

• kenpokillz
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA is slowly choking BF1 to death so they can prop up BF5 without spending any capital on server capacity. The game cant justify the expenditure on its own bc its bombed so badly.