Any tips on how to shake off planes?

Tullzter
1052 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I loved flying planes in BF1 (especially fighter planes) and was hoping that i would love it as much on BFV ! don't get me wrong it's still very fun but i feel that once you have a tail on you, it is very very hard to shake off. If you're in a bomber, you can switch to your gunner position and try to shoot the enemy and that works out ok about 70% of the time but when in a fighter plane i really find it hard to escape an enemy, anyone have tips?

Comments

• AviG306
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Circles and maneuver specialization
  • Tullzter
    1052 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AviG306 wrote: »
    Circles and maneuver specialization

thanks but flying in circles doesn't cut it since they just follow you around and stick to your tail, i can give a shot to extreme maneuvering i guess, go up stall the plane, go under the bridge, fly really low..someone even suggested to land in order to shake off the attackers

• Agent_Talon
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've found the most success by getting them to overshoot you. Find a decent ledge or building set to fly behind or around and hard brake. Most of the time they won't brake fast enough and sail over you for the overtake. If the enemy is in the 8x Spitfire however you will be dead before you can do anything if they have even moderate accuracy.
  • AviG306
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Flying in circles prevent him from laser you, and if he doesn't have maneuver perk you can cut him and be behind him. Other then you cant do anything, maybe to land but good players will keep stuck to your tail and kil u before landing. The only plane that you can do somthing is the Shtuka. The Shtuka have the ability to almost stop midair.
  • PrairieGeek
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well considering the map sizes all you do is fly in circles anyway so it gets pretty easy to predict movement
  • dcs500
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fly deep into out of bounds, works every time.
    🙂
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Slow down try to make them pass you. Stalling also works charms as long as your timing is good
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Fly deep into out of bounds, works every time.
    🙂
    Yup or I usually fly towards a friendly plane and hopefully they decide to attack them
    As well.

• Omniscient
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only time I’ve ever been “shaken”, I was close enough that the defender plane could hit the brakes and I passed him. That’s the only time I’ve been shaken from a dogfight.
    The optimal way is to have someone in a AA gun you can bring the aggressor to. It’s terrible to ask of someone but you could switch out roles on fly maps. IF you can even get a plane.
  • andyhamishthirdl
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I pretty much only fly on maps with planes, it is quite a good experience to fly in this game WHEN it works.
    First thing to do for planes is go for maximum field of view. If you haven't flown like this in bf1 for example it may take a while to get used to it.
    I fly the Spitfire with smoke and if someone ends up getting behind me, hit the smoke while pulling up and stall, letting them pass you. Usually works if they are not on the ball.
    Other than this, you can fly straight up, slow down then pull quickly in another direction.
    The only thing you are trying to do is get out of the players field of view, I'm not sure a lot of people will play with max vehicle field of view, and it really helps.
    ALWAYS run with the radar package on fighters, best perk in my opinion.
    Be aware of your surroundings and always check behind you to see if anyone is sneaking on you.
    I only bought this game to fly, I'm not the best at dogfights but rarely get shot down with other fighters.
    My stats https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/RedAceFk/vehicles
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No idea I think planes and the controls for them are terrible in this game and will never devote even an hour to it. Same with BF1. Maybe if I had a stick or something. Controller seems so awkward to me and I hate the constricted view in planes. Maybe VR would be cool.
  • Smuk1337
    80 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Would be nice to meet you on the opposite team.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/smuk1337/vehicles

I rarely meet any opposite pilots, that actually make the challange for air domination
  • andyhamishthirdl
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nice Stuka stats, I've just started with Stuka and fallen in love with it. :)
    Whatservers do you play on?
    Smuk1337 wrote: »

Would be nice to meet you on the opposite team.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/smuk1337/vehicles

I rarely meet any opposite pilots, that actually make the challange for air domination

• Smuk1337
    Nice Stuka stats, I've just started with Stuka and fallen in love with it. :)

It is really awesome plane.... With max upgrade it is really incredible how strong it actually is.

Stuka B1 with 1x 1000kg and 4x 50kg is amazing dive bomber. Landing a direct hit with bomb on armored vehicles is always a kill. And 50kg is great for clearing infantry.

Problem is that front machine guns are lacking some power against planes.
    So basicly its easier to take it down by swapping to rear gunner and then finish them off with frontal.

Your stats show that you have skills and logics of aviation. In case you get a squadmate that spawns as rear gunner.
    When you get a spitfire on your tail:

- Throttle to minimum
    - Fly in straight line so you don't mess with his aim
    - Rear camera view, so you can adjust angle (spitfire's below your plane are actually the biggest trouble, finding a pilot that actually knows your weak point and attacks you from flank is quite rare in my scenarios)

Stuka B2 is worse then B1. But...

BK 37 and Land mines are pretty neat.
    I play it mostly because of the feeling that shooting BK37 cannons give you.

It changes the tactical approach and its not played as dive bomber at all.

- High altitude
    - Throttle to minimum
    - Lower angle
    - Sniping cannon shots, and finding the ratio for not over heating them (6 shots in rapid fire = over heat)

Against airplanes if you engage, few cannon hits and the plane goes down (Bigger the plane bigger the hitbox)

Against armors....Well, transports and staghound can be destroyed via single gun run.

AA in 2 runs.

While tanks do troubles. If the tank has 100%, there is a small chance to actually destroy it (Or I still need to master it)

Some shots glance, other do damage. With the single gun run, on tanks I get them to the thick black smoke or sometimes even on fire
    If someone could tell me, approx remaining % of tank via animations, I would be thankful.

After disengaging the attack, drop land mines over them.

Now the trouble is, as you manuever around and prepare for the second gun run:

- Armor repairs via L1
    - Friendly or driver himself, get out of the tank and fixes it via repair tool.

Now this scenario can represent an infinity gun runs and yet the tank is alive. (Where stuka B1 sends him straight to respawn)

Not sure what exactly you mean.
    I play EU servers, Conquest or Grand Ops...depends of the day

• Smuk1337
    Nice Stuka stats
    Thanks :D Been in love with stuka's ever since knowing for them
    I've just started with Stuka and fallen in love with it. :)
    Stuka's are really amazing. Most powerful when you max them.

Stuka B1 is amazing dive bomber. With 1x 1000kg and 4x 50kg it is amazing for clearing tanks (if its a direct hit you have a confirmed kill (except if you get a bit unlucky and its a glance)) and 4x 50kg is awesome for clearing infantry.

Frontal cannon's are a bit weak against airplanes, so you need to be quite persistent to destroy them.

If you get a spitfire on your tail, just swap to rear gunner, and you can always do aprox 70% dmg to him before he fly you over and then just swap back, quick repair damaged wings and chase him down.

In case you get a squadmate as rear gunner. Hope for two things:

1) He can aim
    2) He does not do random shooting, as tracers are huge magnets from spitfire's.

If you get a spitfire on your tail (with friendly as rear gunner):

Throttle to minimum
    Fly in straight line
    Watch rear camera and adjust angle if the spitfire get's out of sights from gunner

Stuka B2 with bordkannone 37 and land mines, is not equivalent with the killings as stuka B1, but the cannon give you a real smile and that feeling, when you hear popping of cannons.

As it goes for airplanes and infantry, it is incredible easy to take them down.

The tactics or approach is quite diffrent as diver bomber - stuka B1.

You need higher altitude,
    Spotting enemies or getting them spotted via team mates
    Sniping cannons. (Rapid fire of 6 shots = over heat)
    Before disengage drop land mines over them

Transporters or Stag can be destroyed via single gun run.

AA's in 1 or 2 gun runs.

While tanks are quite harder.

Me myself have not master it yet, so I always get a tank to thick black smoke or on fire.

If someone could tell me how much % armor has left via animation, I would be thankful.

Problem with armors is that once you fail to destroy it, and taking a turn for second gun run, the armor can

- Hide
    - Repair via L1
    - Teammate or himself get out of the vehicle, and repairs it with tool

In this case....it can be infinity gun runs, as you cannot destroy him and he always fix to 100%. (With stuka B1 and 1000kg bomb, you send him straight to respawn)

Most important thing about B2's land mines

Never drop them when AA shoots at you. Shell will explode, land mine will be triggered, and you will find yourself dead in the "Accident"

Not sure if i underastand your question.

I'm on EU servers, swapping between conquest and grand ops

• Tullzter
    Thanks fellas, will be sure to try these out tonight. To be fair i mostly fly bleinheim or JU 88 but i'm gonna give the stuka a whirl tonight and see what comes out
  • Smuk1337
    Tullzter wrote: »
    To be fair i mostly fly bleinheim or JU 88

Allied bombers and mosquito are most weird planes for me...
    I find them more of the free kills then anything usefull to do.

The paradrop skill is quite weird aswell....as I'm not sure how useful it should be on conquest.

Its better to swap between spitfire VA and spitfire VB.

VA has advantage with 8x MG's, which makes it easy to kill infantry.

VB has a bit trouble's since you have 2x LMG and MMG, but the rockets are awesome.

Now only problem is, that since december patch everything takes longer time to reload and you cannot destroy enemy armor's with rocket pods.

Honestly, if dreams come true, and with stuka B2 i meet a bleinheim with full of paratroopers....that would be really a heaven. as 6 rounds of BK37 would wipe half of the enemy team.

JU 88 is great as it goes for the arsenal. But then again, quantity doesn't mean anything either. Honestly stuka has better flying stats and if you have the feeling to do bombings, you can easily get more kills with it.
    but i'm gonna give the stuka a whirl tonight and see what comes out

Good luck with it.
    Give it a time, to master it, and also unlock things on it.

Then you will feel like a true luftwaffe ace

p.s. : Best map for grinding plane levels is Fjell.

With stuka, I always get 50+ kills. Its simple....the area of objective is quite small, every body is grouped up...over kills (4+) is quite routine to do
  • The_BERG_366
    2195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair i mostly fly bleinheim or JU 88

Allied bombers and mosquito are most weird planes for me...
    I find them more of the free kills then anything usefull to do.

The paradrop skill is quite weird aswell....as I'm not sure how useful it should be on conquest.

Its better to swap between spitfire VA and spitfire VB.

VA has advantage with 8x MG's, which makes it easy to kill infantry.

VB has a bit trouble's since you have 2x LMG and MMG, but the rockets are awesome.

Now only problem is, that since december patch everything takes longer time to reload and you cannot destroy enemy armor's with rocket pods.

Honestly, if dreams come true, and with stuka B2 i meet a bleinheim with full of paratroopers....that would be really a heaven. as 6 rounds of BK37 would wipe half of the enemy team.

JU 88 is great as it goes for the arsenal. But then again, quantity doesn't mean anything either. Honestly stuka has better flying stats and if you have the feeling to do bombings, you can easily get more kills with it.
    but i'm gonna give the stuka a whirl tonight and see what comes out

Good luck with it.
    Give it a time, to master it, and also unlock things on it.

Then you will feel like a true luftwaffe ace

p.s. : Best map for grinding plane levels is Fjell.

With stuka, I always get 50+ kills. Its simple....the area of objective is quite small, every body is grouped up...over kills (4+) is quite routine to do

I love enemy stuckas. easy kills when they seatswap when using a mosquito.
  • Smuk1337

Interesting.

Honestly I'm less afraid of mosquito then of a spitfire.

Perhaps, both of us don't get a chance to meet another pilot ace to have an even dogfight
  • The_BERG_366
    2195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Interesting.

Honestly I'm less afraid of mosquito then of a spitfire.

Perhaps, both of us don't get a chance to meet another pilot ace to have an even dogfight

thats because almost nobody has the right upgrades on the mosquito or any upgrades at all.