Any tips on how to shake off planes?

Comments

• Smuk1337
    80 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thats because almost nobody has the right upgrades on the mosquito or any upgrades at all.

Which exactly ? Except hispano cannons

• The_BERG_366
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Smuk1337 wrote: »
    thats because almost nobody has the right upgrades on the mosquito or any upgrades at all.

Which exactly ? Except hispano cannons

theres only one path that leads to the hispano. but you're right that's the one I'm referring to. I just don't think that stukas can survive very well in general unless you take the passenger MG upgrade but then you're stuck with the 250 and 50 bombs. it's somewhat similar with the mosquito of course however due to the hispano and also the normal main cannon (which is a central 4x 303 I belive) it's a lot better at taking down enemy planes in direct fights compared to the stuka despite its disadvantages in manoeuvrability compared to fighters.
  • Smuk1337
    I just don't think that stukas can survive very well in general unless you take the passenger MG upgrade but then you're stuck with the 250 and 50 bombs.

I really do not underastand the logics behind a developers, whats the point of having such upgrade as lvl 4.
    As you are stuck as harraser for armors and infantry killer.

Yet upgraded MG is not anything so great, perhaps does some minor more damage, but yet you are still vulnerable target.
    it's somewhat similar with the mosquito of course however due to the hispano and also the normal main cannon (which is a central 4x 303 I belive) it's a lot better at taking down enemy planes in direct fights compared to the stuka despite its disadvantages in manoeuvrability compared to fighters.

Like I've stated before. I have not met any ace in mosquito. So basicly, in most scenarios, as the airplanes over flies stuka. The BK 37 cannons are just devasting toward any airplane. And yet as everybody circles or just try to run away toward spawn base it's easy to track them down
  • Tullzter
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what setup you guys have but i have the hardest time spotting infantry when i'm flying a plane, i play on a big screen TV but am slightly far from the TV so very hard for me to distinguish where to drop the bombs, i usually go by which flag is being captured and if luck has it, follow the tracer rounds
  • The_BERG_366
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just don't think that stukas can survive very well in general unless you take the passenger MG upgrade but then you're stuck with the 250 and 50 bombs.

I really do not underastand the logics behind a developers, whats the point of having such upgrade as lvl 4.
    As you are stuck as harraser for armors and infantry killer.

Yet upgraded MG is not anything so great, perhaps does some minor more damage, but yet you are still vulnerable target.
    it's somewhat similar with the mosquito of course however due to the hispano and also the normal main cannon (which is a central 4x 303 I belive) it's a lot better at taking down enemy planes in direct fights compared to the stuka despite its disadvantages in manoeuvrability compared to fighters.

Like I've stated before. I have not met any ace in mosquito. So basicly, in most scenarios, as the airplanes over flies stuka. The BK 37 cannons are just devasting toward any airplane. And yet as everybody circles or just try to run away toward spawn base it's easy to track them down

I tried the bk 37 as well... I know they are really strong when u hit... the issue is thst they are mounted under the wing have a slow rof and the bullets fly slow as well. combine that with the manouverability penalties and its pretty much impossible to take down a half decent fighter. the hispano has a ways higher fire rate, is central mounted has faster bullets and is just as devastating against enemy air.
  • Smuk1337
    edited January 9
    Tullzter wrote: »
    I don't know what setup you guys have but i have the hardest time spotting infantry when i'm flying a plane, i play on a big screen TV
    I have 55", 4K and PS4 pro. nothing special imho
    but am slightly far from the TV so very hard for me to distinguish where to drop the bombs, i usually go by which flag is being captured and if luck has it, follow the tracer rounds

- Which flag is beeing capped
    - Tracers/Muzzle
    - First person view + zoom on the aim
    - You can see small black spots or ants moving
  • Smuk1337
    I tried the bk 37 as well... I know they are really strong when u hit... the issue is thst they are mounted under the wing have a slow rof and the bullets fly slow as well. combine that with the manouverability penalties and its pretty much impossible to take down a half decent fighter. the hispano has a ways higher fire rate, is central mounted has faster bullets and is just as devastating against enemy air.

I do not shoot untill I can have confirmed shots. As if enemy plane is aware of you he is going to try and dodge you.

Disabling engine or wings gives you some of the advantage.

With many shots/shells fired you get the feeling where to aim so its basicly at least 1 out of 2 shells hit. Yet a single shell deals around 15 damage

• The_BERG_366

I do not shoot untill I can have confirmed shots. As if enemy plane is aware of you he is going to try and dodge you.

Disabling engine or wings gives you some of the advantage.

With many shots/shells fired you get the feeling where to aim so its basicly at least 1 out of 2 shells hit. Yet a single shell deals around 15 damage

I know its strong if you hit but again if the fighter is decent he won't let you hit him 3 times perfectly... at least in my experience
  • Raspu71nG
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    fighter planes BF109 G2
    i recommend using FOUR 7.92MM machine gun
    since 95% of the pilots on public matches are not good pilots the best way to beat them is by slowing your plane down.
    to slow down your plane you can use breaks, and reverse rudder.
    it is very important to have your break assigned to a controller button instead of stick movement.

vertical dogfight (fjell)
    go down using full throttle, start applying break half way before crashing to the ground avoiding damage as much as possible. when you about to crash, go up while holding break, pitching up, and using reverse rudder (very close to a mountain). use rear camera to see what the enemy does.
    1. he will try to stay behind you, he will fail , and pass you by
    2. or he will noticed, his speed is too fast and try to loop again and get you, when you see on your rear camera he is aborting, go and chase him and kill him.

just be careful not to break until your plane stalls in mid air. when you are about to stall in mid air, release the break for a second to gain a little speed, then break again.

horizontal dogfight
    same combination rear camera + break + reverse rudder.
    the goal here is you reduce the distance between you and him taking as little damage as possible.
    i tend to slow down and watch my rear camera, he aligns his plane to shoot me down, i loop horizontally to one side using reverse rudder, on rear camera he will adjust his position and i change loop to the other side using reverse rudder. you will take damage but the instant repair (+30 heath will save you) when i see he is close enough i level my plane horizontally and he passes me by and i kill him.

SPITFIRE VA.
    just be aware of your surroundings
    when you see he is far away turn towards him, and when both pass by, use nitrous and catch him.
    try one of the above.
    Post edited by Raspu71nG on
  • andyhamishthirdl
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what setup you guys have but i have the hardest time spotting infantry when i'm flying a plane, i play on a big screen TV
    I have 55", 4K and PS4 pro. nothing special imho
    but am slightly far from the TV so very hard for me to distinguish where to drop the bombs, i usually go by which flag is being captured and if luck has it, follow the tracer rounds

- Which flag is beeing capped
    - Tracers/Muzzle
    - First person view + zoom on the aim
    - You can see small black spots or ants moving

Agree here, when I fly Spitfire, I enjoy a strafing run on flags being capped.
    First person view, zoom in, watch for activity and strafe, then drop the 2, 250kg bombs.
    Usually when you suppress them too the red square can be seen around them so you have better idea for the next run.
    On Arras map on conquest is very good for infantry kills as fighter.
    The C and F flags are so open and the soldiers show up so well in the yellow grass even if prone, easy kills.
    B flag mainly the in the building or under the bridge, always easy kills here too.
    My membership ran out 2 days ago but if anyone fancies a game or 2 flying when i'm back on add me : RedAceFk
    I play conquest all the time and am on EU servers. ;)
    I think a few decent pilots in the air at the same time will be amazing, still only met 1 or 2 decent pilots in the game so far.
  • andyhamishthirdl
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    I love enemy stuckas. easy kills when they seatswap when using a mosquito.

Interesting.

Honestly I'm less afraid of mosquito then of a spitfire.

Perhaps, both of us don't get a chance to meet another pilot ace to have an even dogfight

Only plane I have not upgraded yet, I may give it a shot next time I'm on.
    I used to play BF1 on Xbox, I loved the planes over there too. :P

Name Time Kills Destroys Kpm
    ATTACK PLANE 112:47:07 8,763 1,064 1.29
    FIGHTER 76:29:11 3,502 1,021 0.76
  • Raspu71nG
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i have recorded some gameplay so you can see how i shake planes

https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/9cb37c80-e01d-4409-8283-adfb236c498a
    https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/734c0833-ff5d-4183-bcc9-bdfc39ffbb71
    https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/8de14266-3e67-456f-a46b-8ed3310c4b64
    https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/db764c17-61c9-497c-a53e-9cbe98c11f88

on the last video i tried the BF109 G6 but i didnt like simply because it doesnt have instant repair which is very important
    then i switched to my regular plane BF109 G2.

Raspu71nG wrote: »
    fighter planes BF109 G2
    i recommend using FOUR 7.92MM machine gun
    since 95% of the pilots on public matches are not good pilots the best way to beat them is by slowing your plane down.
    to slow down your plane you can use breaks, and reverse rudder.
    it is very important to have your break assigned to a controller button instead of stick movement.

vertical dogfight (fjell)
    go down using full throttle, start applying break half way before crashing to the ground avoiding damage as much as possible. when you about to crash, go up while holding break, pitching up, and using reverse rudder (very close to a mountain). use rear camera to see what the enemy does.
    1. he will try to stay behind you, he will fail , and pass you by
    2. or he will noticed, his speed is too fast and try to loop again and get you, when you see on your rear camera he is aborting, go and chase him and kill him.

just be careful not to break until your plane stalls in mid air. when you are about to stall in mid air, release the break for a second to gain a little speed, then break again.

horizontal dogfight
    same combination rear camera + break + reverse rudder.
    the goal here is you reduce the distance between you and him taking as little damage as possible.
    i tend to slow down and watch my rear camera, he aligns his plane to shoot me down, i loop horizontally to one side using reverse rudder, on rear camera he will adjust his position and i change loop to the other side using reverse rudder. you will take damage but the instant repair (+30 heath will save you) when i see he is close enough i level my plane horizontally and he passes me by and i kill him.

SPITFIRE VA.
    just be aware of your surroundings
    when you see he is far away turn towards him, and when both pass by, use nitrous and catch him.
    try one of the above.

• Raspu71nG
    i have recorded some videos on how I shake planes off

https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/9cb37c80-e01d-4409-8283-adfb236c498a
    https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/734c0833-ff5d-4183-bcc9-bdfc39ffbb71
    https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/8de14266-3e67-456f-a46b-8ed3310c4b64
    https://xboxclips.com/Raspu71nG/db764c17-61c9-497c-a53e-9cbe98c11f88

On the last video i tried the BF109 G6 but I didnt like it because it doesnt have instant repair. which is very important when you slow down. then i switch to my regular plane BF109 G2

• BeDeA
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop moving. It's like I got this music in my mind, sayin' gonna be alright.
    'Cause the players are gonna play, play,
    play, play, play. And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake.
    I shake it off, I shake it off.
  • Tullzter
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair i mostly fly bleinheim or JU 88

VA has advantage with 8x MG's, which makes it easy to kill infantry.

Took the VA yesterday and boy does it rip into bombers and fighters alike, what a beast, these 8x MGs are so powerful. again had some difficulty shaking off planes who finally took notice of me shooting down all the bombers but managed to evade them a couple of times until they double teamed me and kept double teaming for the whole game. Have to say was very fun !!
  • Smuk1337
    Took the VA yesterday and boy does it rip into bombers and fighters alike, what a beast, these 8x MGs are so powerful.
    Yeah, I've ment it has advantage over everything :D
    again had some difficulty shaking off planes who finally took notice of me shooting down all the bombers but managed to evade them a couple of times
    Practice makes it perfect
    until they double teamed me and kept double teaming for the whole game.
    You can still outplay them. Like I have stated above
    Have to say was very fun !!

Cheers. Thats great to hear
  • Tullzter
    I've been also meaning to ask, do you recommend any particular setting for flying? FOV and the likes? should i also block camera from following me when i roll for instance?
  • Smuk1337
    I've been also meaning to ask, do you recommend any particular setting for flying? FOV and the likes? should i also block camera from following me when i roll for instance?

Im using default options. U can give it a try by tweeking settings
  • The_BERG_366

I would definitely increase the fov as its a huge advantage in dogfights. now the camera rolling I didn't change but it seemed to be a standard to disable it in previous titles as well as this one amongst the best. I think it gives you a better idea how your plane is angled then with camera rolling. but honestly I don't know enough about dogfighting in bf to tell you what's the exact reason.
  • raexusa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wow guys.... I'd like to fly with you and improve my skills.... Tonight I'll try to change my settings and now I understood how ppl brake their plane.... I don't knew that!!!! WOuld be very nice to flight with you guys... my nickname is raexusa I hope to see u in game and I hope in my team!!!