I'm tired and sick of it

13»

Comments

• Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I read the 1st few things until I seen Counter strike, I was done
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 8
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    However, that has got absolutely nothing to do with the ability to chose a female avatar in a video game in 2019, whatever the theme.

Both the removal of said statue and the addition of female avatars in a WW2 game -- emphasis on WW2; a war that specifically had a glaring absence of woman on the frontlines -- are basically part of the exact same attempt to erase what was from memory....or at least that's how some understandably see it, because it is undeniably leftist-politics.
    Post edited by suffice_ls on
  • Trokey66
    8156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    However, that has got absolutely nothing to do with the ability to chose a female avatar in a video game in 2019, whatever the theme.

Both the removal of said statue and the addition of female avatars in a WW2 game -- emphasis on WW2; a war that specifically had a glaring absence of woman on the frontlines -- are basically part of the exact same attempt to erase what was from memory....or at least that's how some understandably see it.

Disagree? Why were there no women in previous (multiplayer sections of) Battlefield games apart from the Russian DLC for BF1?

Complete and total, utter Gentleman's dangly bits.

The attempt to remove the memorial is because some feel it is 'unconstitutional' based on religion, NOT rewriting history:

https://m.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/court-rules-wwi-memorial-torn-down.html

I'm British and knew this!

Why were there no women in previous titles?

Because previous titles did not have the level of character customisation that BFV has.

How many times does it need to be said?

BFV is a video game, NOT a history lesson.

Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    69GTOJudge wrote: »
    RossP317 wrote: »
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    I am glad the PS4 has the Twitch and Youtube streaming services on it. I go there to get my BF "WW II" fix. Which, lasts a whole 5 minutes at most, before I hear the forced Female Tankers and Pilots. Makes me exit out so fast....It's quite sickening, the amount of forced Feminism in this Game. Yes, I am sooo sexist...../S Guess you'll be considered a Transphobe, when you're disgusted at the next James Bond, being a Transgender! Oh, you won't be disgusted? You also think "A Transgender James Bond would be cool"-Dominic West...? Really, there's no Agenda being pushed, REALLY! Maybe Trans Bond meets up with that Child Drag Queen that the MSM is praising, and says how wonderful he is, and should join MI-6!!

The ridiculous jump from women being in BFV to forced feminism to a rant against the trans community shows that your fear is quite palpable.
    You are a sad little man-child.

No it's not a ridiculous Jump. It's all intertwined/connected...but ok, bud.....Man, you must be cold, since you've been Fleeced......You're wack, if you think any of that is ok. Look how you went to Name calling, typical Leftist attitude

Of the 100 things wrong with BFV, the use of female characters ranks at 101.

Yeah, sorry, but being Forced to use Females in Tanks and Planes, is WRONG., and is what is stopping numerous people from even touching this Game. I guess them making damn sure, to more or less, omit Females from the Launch Trailer, compared to the previous ones, is just a coincidence too, right?

Hey, SirBob, you're full of it, or deaf, if you've "never noticed" the Female screaming......Maybe blind too, if you never saw one of those bald, Grey Alien looking Females revive you, or whatever else they try to make them look like.....Oh, maybe you're so 1337, you never get dropped!!!?

If playing as a female is so upsetting to you I would spend less time on a video game forum and more time reflecting on your life. How in 2019 is this an issue at all? Oh no the character model I am in a video game is a woman!! Not only cannot I not see myself so i'm never visually impacted but I also see no play difference but I'm still mad about it!

Seriously how do you live like that?

I seriously don't understand how there's people, that can't figure out how this is an issue, but ok.......Why don't you ask yourself, why the previous, same Era, or similar BF Games, did not have Women? Oh, they just couldn't make them for whatever reason? Is that it? Do you know, that "they", want to remove a WWI Memorial(a large Cross) in Maryland? Just think about it, will ya? I don't appreciate them trying to alter History, while desecrating the memory of those who fought for you, to be able to have everything you have today. I don't appreciate them trying to play me, and others for a fool; "Most immersive Battlefield Yet", mmhmmm.....

AKA I'll use the "protecting history" argument in a video game to cover up my sexism, got it.

I suppose you also care that they are altering history by including weapons that don't exists yet into specific battles? I must have also missed the part in history class where 2 dudes sang a song while blowing up a half dozen tanks, several planes and entire battalion of Germans.

Oh and remember that part in BF1 that accurately portrayed horses from WW1 being able to get shot 2 dozen times and live? I also forgot about all those brave pilots who used their magic powers to fix plane wings while flying. I also forgot about the historical accuracy of those brave medics who could save anyone from a sniper or hell a tank round to the face with a syringe!

If you were really upset about "desecrating the memory" you would never play a game that glorifies the conflict and turns those people who fought for you into a source of entertainment and competition.

TLDR: You're a sexist who picks and chooses what to be upset about to fit your agenda.

Thanks for playing.
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 8
    TLDR: You're a sexist who picks and chooses what to be upset about to fit your agenda.

Where did you get that from? I mean all he wanted was a WW2-themed Battlefield game that isn't swarmed by the screeching
    and moaning of female characters...which part of that is sexist?...Bit of a far cry from concepts like gender pay gaps that illustrate actual sexism...

As for "picks and chooses what to be upset about to fit your agenda"....that's what everyone does, including you I'm sure. I mean, look at the argument FOR: "The game isn't historically accurate"...."We're getting USA and Japan later because Tides of War covers the war as it happened"....
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there is a really big issue here that no one has even bothered to touch on. With all the possible guns for WW2 (and there are hundreds of really significant and iconic guns) why do both sides have the same weapons and YET, different tanks and planes? That doesn't make any sense. Also the Germans loved their guns, they were in a large part better than all other factions. So they wouldn't use some other nations guns.
    Another issue that ties into this one is that when you pick up someone's weapon you don't get their kit. If the guns were separated and a German using a stg died, people might be inclined to rob that gun if they don't have access to it. The uniqueness to faction guns is something people want to steal but when everyone has access to everything no one cares about guns at all.
    Also if you wanted to revive someone from the other team, lets say a medic revives me, then he dies, i cannot pick up his kit and return the favour. This has been like that for every game until now. Why?
  • suffice_ls
    edited January 8
    Faylum wrote: »
    I think there is a really big issue here that no one has even bothered to touch on. With all the possible guns for WW2 (and there are hundreds of really significant and iconic guns) why do both sides have the same weapons and YET, different tanks and planes? That doesn't make any sense. Also the Germans loved their guns, they were in a large part better than all other factions. So they wouldn't use some other nations guns.

Well if you want to try and validate that design decision on the premise of immersion and theme, you could easily make an argument out of suspension of disbelief: As a battle progressed, a soldier might have had to resort to picking up a gun off of the ground, and that gun may have belonged to an enemy faction...There are probably a number of reasons for a German ending up with a Brit's weapon......Now, apply that line of thinking to the prospect of having battalions of women on the frontlines of WW2...it falls flat here because it's common knowledge that it simply didn't happen, and in turn, it kills -- not "ruins", but "kills" -- the WW2 theme.

Post edited by suffice_ls on
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RossP317 wrote: »
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    I am glad the PS4 has the Twitch and Youtube streaming services on it. I go there to get my BF "WW II" fix. Which, lasts a whole 5 minutes at most, before I hear the forced Female Tankers and Pilots. Makes me exit out so fast....It's quite sickening, the amount of forced Feminism in this Game. Yes, I am sooo sexist...../S Guess you'll be considered a Transphobe, when you're disgusted at the next James Bond, being a Transgender! Oh, you won't be disgusted? You also think "A Transgender James Bond would be cool"-Dominic West...? Really, there's no Agenda being pushed, REALLY! Maybe Trans Bond meets up with that Child Drag Queen that the MSM is praising, and says how wonderful he is, and should join MI-6!!

The ridiculous jump from women being in BFV to forced feminism to a rant against the trans community shows that your fear is quite palpable.
    You are a sad little man-child.

No it's not a ridiculous Jump. It's all intertwined/connected...but ok, bud.....Man, you must be cold, since you've been Fleeced......You're wack, if you think any of that is ok. Look how you went to Name calling, typical Leftist attitude

Of the 100 things wrong with BFV, the use of female characters ranks at 101.

Yeah, sorry, but being Forced to use Females in Tanks and Planes, is WRONG., and is what is stopping numerous people from even touching this Game. I guess them making damn sure, to more or less, omit Females from the Launch Trailer, compared to the previous ones, is just a coincidence too, right?

Hey, SirBob, you're full of it, or deaf, if you've "never noticed" the Female screaming......Maybe blind too, if you never saw one of those bald, Grey Alien looking Females revive you, or whatever else they try to make them look like.....Oh, maybe you're so 1337, you never get dropped!!!?

If playing as a female is so upsetting to you I would spend less time on a video game forum and more time reflecting on your life. How in 2019 is this an issue at all? Oh no the character model I am in a video game is a woman!! Not only cannot I not see myself so i'm never visually impacted but I also see no play difference but I'm still mad about it!

Seriously how do you live like that?

I seriously don't understand how there's people, that can't figure out how this is an issue, but ok.......Why don't you ask yourself, why the previous, same Era, or similar BF Games, did not have Women? Oh, they just couldn't make them for whatever reason? Is that it? Do you know, that "they", want to remove a WWI Memorial(a large Cross) in Maryland? Just think about it, will ya? I don't appreciate them trying to alter History, while desecrating the memory of those who fought for you, to be able to have everything you have today. I don't appreciate them trying to play me, and others for a fool; "Most immersive Battlefield Yet", mmhmmm.....

So 'they' are wanting to remove a memorial in Maryland because of women in a video game?

I suspect it is because the memorial is seen as a 'religious' symbol on 'government' ground and NOT because it is a WW2 memorial as such.

Is that right, of course it isn't and Maryland residents should do all in their power to prevent it.

Wow, yes, they want to do that because of Women in a Video Game....... That's totally what I was saying! /S.... What is going on in this World?! HAHAHAHA Wow.....I was saying how they are also desecrating the Memories of the MEN who fought in the War, just like they are doing with this "Game", by making it seem like Women are the innocent Heroes, while the Men are Criminals, from Jail, etc. "This has got absolutely nothing to do with the ability to choose a Female", sorry, how do you change your Gender, for the most important Roles in the BF Franchise, the Pilots, and Tankers? Oh, you can't?! "That's just a bug!", am I right? *shakes Head*. Why do they hate Men so much? That is a CROSS in Memoriam of the Christian Men who fought for this Nation 100 Years ago. They fought for the damn Govt, so what if it's on Govt Land....Tax Payers didn't even pay for it, it was privately funded. North America USED to be a Christian Nation. It doesn't surprise me that they are doing everything they can to erase any semblance that is left/resembles it. I wonder what would happen if people wanted to take down a Muslim Monument? I am not even overly religious, but I can tell something is going on.
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *peeks in*

giphy.gif

*slowly closes the door behind him and sneaks away*
  • ragnarok013
    2881 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    By now everyone know that politics to include identity politics are not allowed on the forum. As a result this thread is hereby closed.

This discussion has been closed.