DICE come out with battleroyal in feb and sales will soar

HawkeyeAM47
1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 10
Dice if you guys come out with your take on Battle royal its guaranteed to get you guys a ton of sales. People are already tired of blackout and already going back to PUBG and Fortnite. I guarantee if you guys do this it will be a hit, get the big twitch streamers to stream and there is guranteed some new sales . keep your head up fellas

Comments

• LithosMike
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree. If Firestorm is done right, BFV it's sitting pretty to be the next big thing.

PUBG players want a realistic shooter. They moved to Blackout, and they have grown tired of the armor and endless healing/repairing.

March is the second chance this game needs. Fix the core game issues like TTD and the laundry list of glitches, fix company coins, add some cool cosmetics, and get Firestorm right.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    LithosMike wrote: »
    I disagree. If Firestorm is done right, BFV it's sitting pretty to be the next big thing.

PUBG players want a realistic shooter. They moved to Blackout, and they have grown tired of the armor and endless healing/repairing.

March is the second chance this game needs. Fix the core game issues like TTD and the laundry list of glitches, fix company coins, add some cool cosmetics, and get Firestorm right.
    I don't understand. If PUBG players want realism, why would they move to Blackout which is clearly less realistic.
  • warslag
    1328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think they will still have to lower the price a lot. If battle royal isn't a success I think they will take another kicking.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really doubt that Firestorm is going to be a big hit, but I'm intrigued and will give it a go since it doesn't cost me anything to try out.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, look i understand yiur guys thoughts, but think about it. Whatvare alot of younger adults 17-23 into alot witg gaming trends? Obviously, twitch streamers that game battleroyale draw in thousands of viewers just for battleroyale games (I know twitch and streaming what have we come too) but that's were alot of the numbers are. Get some good press behind it, draw in that audience, and do your homework. Sure as hell wont be easy, but it will make up for some bad hopefully. With so much bad press already begind the game, hopeful this can help change some perspectives
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, not really. The addition of one mode won't change a thing regarding sales.
    Also, if people want to play BR, they can play a proper game designed for that not some mode in battlefield.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As long as I can play as a female with a sassy British voice, a pegleg, and an eyepatch, it's gonna be a hit.
  • DelonPimentel
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it won't. People have moved on already. Plus it's just an added game mode. It's not like revealing a new game where you get the whole world's attention
  • Toxic_CA
    798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not going to soar unless it re invents the wheel...which it won't
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is a twitch streamer please.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    What is a twitch streamer please.

In this day and age, thousands of people watch other people game. Yes i know, ridiculous right? But yeah, Fortnite is the most watch game, with Pubg and otger battleroyal games bringing in people. Crazy i know
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    Is twitch a website then, like yewtube? You're right, why would i want to watch other people 'game'. LOL!
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So is the price going back up when they release BR? I highly doubt it. Thanks to Fallout 76, BF5 is not going to get the worst release of 2018 award.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think that old battlefield veterans don t give a **** about firestorm... I m already fed up with battle royal, i would have prefer a good game with more contents than this BS mode.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As of now this game is in a somewhat terrible state. Mostly because of the camping-meta and hard to spot enemy players...
    Once a game gets a reputation of being constantly broken it is (SURPRISE SURPRISE) pretty hard to gain new customer...

I dont think a BR-mode is the answer to the prayers of the community or EAs stockholders... If Firestorm means an invasion of typical non-Battlefieldgamers that eventually are going to swarm the regular gamemodes with a non-PTO mindset... This is the final nail in the coffin of BFV...

Therefore should all workeffort be in fixing the obvious day-to-day issues of the game:
    - Company coins
    - magic singleframe-bullets
    - tracking of assignments
    - adding content
    - serverjoining on friends
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice if you guys come out with your take on Battle royal its guaranteed to get you guys a ton of sales. People are already tired of blackout and already going back to PUBG and Fortnite. I guarantee if you guys do this it will be a hit, get the big twitch streamers to stream and there is guranteed some new sales . keep your head up fellas

Couldnt care less for BR. I am already playing those modes what favours less camping.
  • SirBobdk
    3715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    It depends on the quality of the game. I'm not going to play it, but it might get a lot of people playing this game mode to give it a try. The question is if they will stick around or go back to the classic BR games. This is nothing but trying to get their hands on the cash cow.
  • lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A working version of Firestorm should have been included from launch. Then the figures would have been very different right now.

Now it will be a very difficult task to launch the mode. If it will be free to play there will be a huge increase of new players, but the ones who has already paid for it will be disappointed. Personally I would prefer free to play anyway because I feel that the game risks to die due to the low player count in the coming year.
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    BR will be squads only. This will never take off if it's squads only and you have to play with randoms. None of the Twitch streamers will be playing this game with 3 other people constantly! PUBG, Fortnite, Blackout are so successful because of the solo mode. Firestorm is DOA without a solo mode!