Badly damage plane count as accident

Smuk1337
80 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Dear Dice,

What is the point ?

There is a dog fight on Fjell, you set enemy plane on fire, requires few shots to get the kill, enemy decides or be a little bit unlucky and hits the mountain. Counts as accident and not a kill.

Therefore, I still have engraved in my memory, back from the old days of battlefield 2, where I was shooting with pistol into enemy jet. Somehow hit him for 1-2 damage, the airplane crashed and I got a kill, which counted as I have taken it off the sky with M9

Comments

• SirBobdk
    4685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can't know if it was because of you or a Pilot error. I think it's fine as it is.
  • xKusagamix
    1069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    You can't know if it was because of you or a Pilot error. I think it's fine as it is.
    If you damage it badly enough, it should count imo. Same like BF1, even when the pilot bail out and the plane crash to the ground it still count as vehicle destroy, but not kill count.
  • Smuk1337

You damage wings, you damage the engine, the burst puts airplane on low health.

Wings make him unstable in the air and the damaged engine looses on power so basically he is falling to the ground and and the end he crashes. How can this count as accident where you actually got a kill by disabling his vehicle ?

• D4rthGinge
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if i am about to be shot down i will crash my plane. rather my death than the enemy kill.
  • Smuk1337
    edited January 2019
    D4rthGinge wrote: »
    if i am about to be shot down i will crash my plane. rather my death than the enemy kill.

In most scenarios you are unable to perform that.

But why wouldn't you rather die with honor ? That's even worse than being non-japanese kamikaze
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And this is why I agree that a crash shortly after receiving a certain minimum amount damage should count as a kill for the guy who did that damage. I see so many people purposely crashing their planes to deny me my kill, its a stupid tactic. If you bail, that's fine. But crashing? You'll be dead anyway, what does it really matter if the other guy gets the kill?
  • SirBobdk
    4685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Smuk1337 wrote
    Wings make him unstable in the air and the damaged engine looses on power so basically he is falling to the ground and and the end he crashes. How can this count as accident where you actually got a kill by disabling his vehicle ?
    Any good pilot can keep the plane flying with broken wing or damage engine. If not then its a pilot error.
    If you crash with a broken wing its because you have a fighter on your 6 and are trying to avoid by it by flying low, between houses, bridge o.l.
    You also dont get a kill if you damage an infantry player and he/she jump out of a window and die.
  • Smuk1337
    edited January 2019
    Any good pilot can keep the plane flying with broken wing or AND damage engine. If not then its a pilot error.
    If you crash with a broken wing its because you have a fighter on your 6 and are trying to avoid by it by flying low, between houses, bridge o.l.

Having everything disabled basicly makes it harder. With flying low, due to lack of power in the engine (disabled) makes you hit the ground sooner or later
    You also dont get a kill if you damage an infantry player and he/she jump out of a window and die.

But if you wreck the house, and player dies from debris. It count's as kill, you can't say its suicide because of staying in the building.

It's environmental kill. It's quite the same by topic of discussion

• SirBobdk
    edited January 2019
    @Smuk1337
    It's environmental kill. It's quite the same by topic of discussion
    Well if you destroy a building and it hit a plane i do agree.
  • Smuk1337
    Well if you destroy a building and it hit a plane i do agree.

That argument doesn't make any sense mate

• Hawxxeye
    6705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    crashing the plane is a way to vent frustration at the inability to get rid of the guy in your tail in BFV.
    this would happen less if there was no systemic damage dooming someone to never escape due to mobility loss.
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Smuk1337 wrote: »

In most scenarios you are unable to perform that.

But why wouldn't you rather die with honor ? That's even worse than being non-japanese kamikaze

Um...because its a video game.
  • HC_Kake1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

And this is why I agree that a crash shortly after receiving a certain minimum amount damage should count as a kill for the guy who did that damage. I see so many people purposely crashing their planes to deny me my kill, its a stupid tactic. If you bail, that's fine. But crashing? You'll be dead anyway, what does it really matter if the other guy gets the kill?

Exactly. People jumping out and planes crashing and you wont get anything.
  • Smuk1337
    HC_Kake1 wrote: »
    Exactly. People jumping out and planes crashing and you wont get anything.

Still easier to take them out, then rushing toward surface

• Bheid
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I intentionally crash just to irritate the person trying to kill me. I could care less about my
    K/D ratio so I'll hit the ground everytime.

Every so often I get hate mail for it and I savor all the salty tears from the sender.

And being on the other side I don't care if the person kills themself, bails, or I get the kill. One less bomber in the air or dog fighter harassing my fellow friendly aircraft is okay by me.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bheid wrote: »
    I intentionally crash just to irritate the person trying to kill me. I could care less about my

Every so often I get hate mail for it and I savor all the salty tears from the sender.

And being on the other side I don't care if the person kills themself, bails, or I get the kill. One less bomber in the air or dog fighter harassing my fellow friendly aircraft is okay by me.

I would still argue that one should at least receive vehicle destroy points, considering that one's damage has directly cost the enemy team to lose a vehicle. I do fine as is, but I would assume that people who struggle a bit more with planes than I do might profit from getting some rewards for removing an enemy plane from the field of battle.
  • Hawxxeye
    6705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bheid wrote: »

For me having my target crash is only annoying when I am leveling a plane and I need the points, thankfuly I got all the planes to 4 now.
    When I do not have leveling to do I also think that I do not care if he crashed cause there is one less enemy in the sky either way.