Weekly BF

(SOLUTION)How to Fix BFV Crash on PC. Like no error, just takes you to desktop *atleast works for me

Comments

• Brayve_Sir_Robin
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I've had no crashes since I updated to 1809 using latest Nvidia drivers.

However, I still get "client freezes in game, randomly for about half a second" as the poster above every third or fourth game.
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing for the last 2 days, non-stop with friends, and now it just crashes constantly.
    Either Appcrash.exe or Black screen, and if I press escape, it goes straight to Windows.

I've reinstalled latest Origin, drivers, repaired game files, deleted Cache, to no avail.
  • Furkeys
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have same crash to desktop, since the first big patch. It even crashed when idling in the menu (for example when in queue to join squadmates, after 10minutes). Always crash to desktop with kernelbase.dll issue:

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.68.32584, time stamp: 0x5c1007a4
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.441, time stamp: 0x428de48c
    Exception code: 0x887a0005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000003a388
    Faulting process id: 0x22f0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d49e1ef1332d3f
    Faulting application path: E:\Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: a104c6bb-a86b-44e0-82bd-e05a104d72e0
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Specs:
    - 1080TI
    - 32GB RAM
    - SSD
    all temps are perfect (watercooled)

It worked for a while when I removed geforce experience but suddenly after a week or so it started again. This is what I tried:
    - checked temps
    - removed all overclock (CPU and GPU)
    - individually switched all RAM modules, also tried with only 16GB
    - removed all overlays (rivatuner)
    - used last 4 nvidia drivers (starting with the first one with BFV support) , all with clean install (using Display Driver Uninstaller and safemode)
    - removed geforce experience and all that overlay crap
    - sfc /scannow, no fixes
    - DISM repair, no changes

also did the following after talking to BF5 support (which is stupid and a complete waste of time):
    - created a new profile
    - checked game integrity via origin
    - disable origin overlay
    - maximum power settings in nvidia control panel
    eventually they said "kernelbase.dll can be anything"

other games work without any issues, like pubg, black ops, tomb raider, assassin's creed

Any further help is welcome.
  • Aditrex
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i get weird crashes since two days ago crash with no msg to desktop
  • Furkeys
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    update:
    - reinstalled windows (by this I mean: installed windows 10 from ISO in windows, overwriting all files and installing latest updates but keeping files)
    - deleted BF5 and reinstalled on same drive as origin
    - checked SSD's with samsung magician, all are fine
    - made sure power settings are "max performance" in nvidia control panel

problem still persists

also, looking into "system" windows logs, I see this warning around 15 seconds before crashing:
    "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    I don't even bother going in game anymore, it just crashed from the menu idling.
  • rv112
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just got the same error.
  • xtn76
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had random crashing issues. Then found a hint from the (system) Event Log. Virtual memory exhausted or similar message.

I had my paging file set to "system managed size" but then went to the custom size and sized it using 1.5 x mem and that seemed to help me. No more crashing issues.
  • rockefellerftw
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    nothing like crashes to appear out of nowhere right DICE??? seriously how did you release this unfinished pile of garbage

FFS FIX THIS !!!
  • Th0r2015
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bfv random crashes to desktop with no errors,i reinstalled windows 10,nothing got fixed,the only thing i can find as error is on the windows error reports (bfv application error and some kernel errors the time that bfv crashes)
  • jerramelee
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Here is what worked for my machine:. so far i have gotten the game to work via all the methods i have read online but it does not work after that. Today I noticed a Geforce experience connection. I disabled the in game overlay and have had success on multiple launches of the game without it crashing. This fix is situational based on specific hardware so..
    Post edited by jerramelee on
  • Sk1lld
    559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3D Headphone will consistently cause random crash to desktop for me. It also has weird sound, like no foot steps at times.
    So turned it off.
  • Lewel_Stamp
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Wagnardsoft fix didn't work for me
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just to give an idea. This is what I've been doing for days now and the errors I had. (pulling it from my posts on answers ea)

"First post after a long time:

After quite some time I have returned to this thread to report that my solution, removing all OC no longer works. I crash now every few minutes. Sometimes it's just a crash to desktop, other times it's a BSOD.

I've seen everything happen. From Kernelbase errors to simple DirectX issues. I've had my RAM, PSU, GPU and Windows itself have a fatal error according to the logs over time. By that logic my PC should be straight up broken, which it isn't. I can perform any test I'd like and it works like a charm.

BFV seriously needs a patch addressing performance issues.

Now realistically this is not something that is unknown for BF titles after launch. BF3/BF4/BFH/BF1 all have been haunted with severe issues and crashes after their launch. The most notorious one being the "GPU DEVICE REMOVED GTX XXXXX DRIVER XXX.XX" which has been around for all titles so far.

It's the devs turn to provide a solution given the number of people complaining about the exact same errors. There are a few thousand replies in the BF Forum itself and there are hundreds here on the Technical Forum. Should be clear by now that this is not our fault, this is not our own systems failing.
    After quite some time I have returned to this thread to report that my solution, removing all OC no longer works. I crash now every few minutes. Sometimes it's just a crash to desktop, other times it's a BSOD.

I've seen everything happen. From Kernelbase errors to simple DirectX issues. I've had my RAM, PSU, GPU and Windows itself have a fatal error according to the logs over time. By that logic my PC should be straight up broken, which it isn't. I can perform any test I'd like and it works like a charm.

BFV seriously needs a patch addressing performance issues.

Now realistically this is not something that is unknown for BF titles after launch. BF3/BF4/BFH/BF1 all have been haunted with severe issues and crashes after their launch. The most notorious one being the "GPU DEVICE REMOVED GTX XXXXX DRIVER XXX.XX" which has been around for all titles so far.

It's the devs turn to provide a solution given the number of people complaining about the exact same errors. There are a few thousand replies in the BF Forum itself and there are hundreds here on the Technical Forum. Should be clear by now that this is not our fault, this is not our own systems failing."

After this, I was told it had to be my system failing. Which resulted in the following reply:

"@Holger1405 If I hadn't tested my system thoroughly yet, I would've 100% agreed here. But I did, it passes everything with flying colours I even swapped out parts with older stuff just to be sure and aside from even trying to play with a GTX 980Ti it keeps happening.

I've even tried it on a 2nd system I have here, my old one with 6700k and Asus Hero VII (or VIII can't remember lel) and 4x4 RAM on 2666Mhz. It did the very same. It locked up and crashed and BSOD'ed.

It doesn't matter what I do, which system I use. The crashlogs shows the same errors as what people are posting here, a simple glance of the Battlelog Forum shows people dealing with the same.

I was afraid hardware was broken, but (thankfully for me) I managed to confirm it isn't my hardware.

In regards to removing my OC and it worked, the only thing that changed after this was the delayed November Windows Update. After that everything started going bad again.

Funny enough, now I re-enabled my OC and I put the game on Ultra and I can last for 2-3 rounds with 120Fps stable on 1080P. Yeah, this game just makes no sense. It needs patching, that is a simple fact.

I wish this issue was on my side, but it isn't. Because if it were my system, I could just replace parts."

Then I was determined to proof my point and posted the following logs.

"I'm just going to add these 2 logs.

Naam van toepassing met fout: bfv.exe, versie: 1.0.68.32584, tijdstempel: 0x5c1007a4
    Naam van module met fout: bfv.exe, versie: 1.0.68.32584, tijdstempel: 0x5c1007a4
    Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
    Foutmarge: 0x0000000001752ffb
    Id van proces met fout: 0xb80
    Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d4a75f7399ca14
    Pad naar toepassing met fout: D:\Origin\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
    Pad naar module met fout: D:\Origin\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
    Rapport-id: 4c362c43-0395-494e-b2ba-0e87aad4e84c
    Volledige pakketnaam met fout:

and

Naam van toepassing met fout: bfv.exe, versie: 1.0.68.32584, tijdstempel: 0x5c1007a4
    Naam van module met fout: KERNELBASE.dll, versie: 10.0.17763.134, tijdstempel: 0x1659a33b
    Uitzonderingscode: 0x887a0005
    Foutmarge: 0x0000000000055299
    Id van proces met fout: 0x3d78
    Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d4a5ff11c1c603
    Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Rapport-id: 89856e2c-af34-43c0-84de-5cd0c012d14d
    Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:

Both these errors get mentioned incredibly frequently here and the Battlelog Forums.

This is what causes my BSOD."

And I kept going....

I did a clean install just now. A full clean install of Windows 10. The drive I installed on was formatted and thus clean. No drivers were left on it.

Installed W10
    Installed all updates (Windows 1809)
    Installed all drivers for Motherboard, chipset and GPU. (Nvidia driver 417.35)

Downloaded Origin.
    Downloaded BFV.

Loaded up BFV. Made all the settings the way I know it should work and the way I like. (aka Ultra)

Joined a game of Grand operations on Aerodrome.
    Spawned, ran to the B flag as an attacker. Got 2 kills at most. Aaanndddd crashed.

Here is the log.

Naam van module met fout: KERNELBASE.dll, versie: 10.0.17763.134, tijdstempel: 0x1659a33b
    Uitzonderingscode: 0x887a0005
    Foutmarge: 0x0000000000055299
    Id van proces met fout: 0x27a4
    Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d4a780e8fcd4f7
    Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Rapport-id: 35797fad-635b-459b-a97b-9c90a1bf96f3
    Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout

2nd bit of the log:

Foutbucket 1612325438488798172, type 4
    Naam van gebeurtenis: APPCRASH
    Antwoord: Niet beschikbaar
    Id van CAB-bestand: 0

Handtekening van probleem:
    P1: bfv.exe
    P2: 1.0.68.32584
    P3: 5c1007a4
    P4: KERNELBASE.dll
    P5: 10.0.17763.134
    P6: 1659a33b
    P7: 887a0005
    P8: 0000000000055299
    P9:
    P10:

My system specs:

I7 8700k.
    Asus Z370-p Prime. (Bios 1410 which is latest)
    Kingston DDR4 16GB 3200Mhz (XMP, certified and on QVL by Asus) Without XMP it runs on 2400Mhz.
    EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked ACX 3.0 (meaning it has default OC)
    Game installed on Samsung 860 500GB SSD.
    Corsair AXi 860W

This happens with a clean install! It's the game, not my system. Especially since this is the exact same error people keep posting over and over. It doesn't matter what I do or change to my system or even change from system completely. This keeps happening.

And given my other post got removed I make sure I save this one in a word document and screenshot it being posted here. (this was on answers EA, somehow my post went absent for a few hours and then returned)

Since I still keep going.

Aida64 - Passed
    Memtest86 - Passed (short run)
    Prime95 - Passed (though 3 hour run)

3DMark Firestrike - Passed
    UniEngine Heaven - Passed
    Furmark - Passed
    DISM - No issues
    sfc /scannow - No issues
    CCleaner - No issues in registry

And BFV just keeps on crashing.

I've done my part. I can confirm for 100% my system is perfectly fine.

Rumour is that there is a patch next week, hopefully it has some performance fixes.

This is all I've been doing. And I still have no fix. The XMP disable "fix" no longer works for me and removing from my default OC from my GPU would mean underclocking and voiding warranty.

• GhostDragon445
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same issue here, game crash, no error, no overclocks, system more than capable. has to be a game issue at this point. literally exhausted every option i have to troubleshoot
  • GrocXXL
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Landoram wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as @d1v1d3ad . I played fine until the latest "UI Updates" that forced download on Tuesday for me. I've reinstalled, repaired, done all of the Origin recommended steps, updated BIOS, rolled back the Nvidia driver, reinstalled clean...literally unplayable for me right now. Crashes as soon as I connect to a map to play after the queue countdown. No errors just the event log as posted. I'm out of ideas and pretty unhappy. DX 11 btw.

That is interesting, I edited registry to keep kernel dump when bfv.exe crashes, some of the threads have references to UI code calls at the time of the crash,

Do you guys have MSI Afterburner or similar running? Rivatuner?
  • Saco920
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem. Nvidia GTX 1060 (last driver), AMD 7 2700x,16BG RAM... it happens to me, while playing Multiplayer ALWAYS!!! 5-20 minutes during play game.
    Do you have someone any solution?
  • GrocXXL
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Saco920 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Nvidia GTX 1060 (last driver), AMD 7 2700x,16BG RAM... it happens to me, while playing Multiplayer ALWAYS!!! 5-20 minutes during play game.
    Do you have someone any solution?

Answer my question, do you use MSI afterburner or Rivatuner etc to display any stats such as FPS on top of the game window?
  • EdwinSpangler
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just to give an idea. This is what I've been doing for days now and the errors I had. The most notorious one being the "GPU DEVICE REMOVED GTX XXXXX DRIVER XXX.XX" which has been around for all titles so far.

Since forever I have been able to use that "disable driver check" thing or removing OC and not get these "GTX REMOVED" error.. Recently (last couple/few weeks) NONE of my fixes work either...?? Strange....

• Temilz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

I have the same crashing issue aswell.
    I am running i7 8700k / 1080 ti / 16gb of Ram DDR4 @2666MhZ and get Kernelbase error.

Well I had no crash for the first 3 weeks of playing ... untill the Windows update from the 6th of December and the game patch following.

I could not play as my game was crashing every 10min , so I updated my Bios to latest version - NO OC - clean install windows - clean install driver - Reinstall Game - Turned DX12 off and I still would get random crashed every few hours.

But it gets better , I re-installed the game yesterday and since then ... I crash every 1min ... (with DX12 turned off).
    Funny enough I don't seem to crash in windowed mode...

I will receive my 2080Ti and do a new clean install of windows again , do a total memory check (etc...), that is my last chance if it does not work I just give up on this game soooo poorly optimized.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I can't run this game in DX12, it will randomly crash to desktop after 1-5mins without an error message.

Works fine using DX11, however I'm only averaging say 75fps, where as running DX12 I'm averaging around 125fps, but it's too unstable.

I'm running i7 6700K / 1080 / 16gb Ram