This Week in Battlefield V - January 7 - New Year Edition

Comments

• danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    More interested in the upcoming patch and what it's fixing, really. Can't wait to hear about that.

Fortunately, we're working on update notes this week to provide you that visibility into the upcoming update.
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    You're missing one crucial thing: the patch we all so desperately need

Lol. Coming next week if all goes according to plan!
  • danmotoxx
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    No one cares about all that reddit, highlights ****. Give as info about patch please.

Some people care about it. And, you're going to get update notes in due time. They take time to draft and finalize, dude.
  • danmotoxx
    Sou1__0062 wrote: »
    What about company coins XD will u guys fix this finally?

We're working on this. We rolled out a proposed fix today, but it didn't work. Now I'm drafting comms to provide you visibility into why this is happening and what we're troubleshooting.
  • danmotoxx
    villet4x wrote: »
    Very nice 10 points for telling us about the patch👌 I cant believe this enymore, I think i hop into world of COD.

Not ready to talk about update yet. In due time.
  • danmotoxx
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    FIX
    COMPANY
    COIN

WE'RE
    WORKING
    ON IT

(Hope to have more info on this over the next few days...)
  • Deltium
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dan - I'm going to try my best to be constructive, as I sense that you are genuinely trying to communicate with the community. A few points that I would like to offer as constructive discussion points, and I be most grateful if you could escalate these concerns if you believe they have merit:

1) I am relatively new to the BF series, and when I saw EA / Dice conduct extensive and multiple beta testing rounds, I was genuinely impressed. Your extensive patch notes at the end of the beta signaled to me as a consumer that you were working hard to prepare the game for a solid launch. Coupled with the fact that BF5 is NOT your first BF game, I figured that the "lessons learned" from BF1 and other BF games, would surely give you EA / Dice with the positive momentum and knowledge to launch a near-perfect game. However, this was clearly not the case, and I would suspect that a lot of the "venom" and material frustration that you are experiencing from the community is just a lot of emotion centered around this fact. After all, many of us pre-ordered the Deluxe version for this very reason (me included), and then I see the game go on sale for 55% off about 30 days later, and the bugs are still prevalent. This was a material missed opportunity on the behalf of EA / Dice, and it could have been better solved by more extensive play-testing with vets of previous BF games, and the wide array of community sponsors and allies. As such, you are encouraging the developing perception that gamers should not buy a game at launch and wait 3-6 months later for everything to get fixed and save a lot of money. This is not a profitable solution for EA / Dice versus getting the game up to standard at launch. This directly affects your bottom line.

2) Second, on a related point, there are so many things that are frustrating to me as a new player. Yes, I've invested the time to get better, and I've even bought the game for my teenage nephew who is Fortnite-addicted, hoping to bring him over to a different game. He simply could not acclimate, as the game is just not friendly to new players. It it wasn't for the YouTube community who publishes a lot of "how to" videos, it would be near impossible to figure out how to do so many things. For example, the Practice Range, while intended as good concept, is incredibly difficult to navigate, taking a LOT of time to walk/run between areas, and to activate the various activities. Can you not make this simpler and easier to do? More importantly, how can we possibly assess the VERY technical aspects of the various weapons and vehicles. While I appreciate the simplistic charts of "control" and "damage", you get into some very confusing areas around how much damage a Tiger Tank can take from a Panzerfaust, or which SIDE of the tank is more secure, etc. This is not published anywhere for new players to understand. This creates a vast GAP for new players, which ultimately causes them to get frustrated and leave. My nephew gave up after one day. There is just too much info that is not clearly articulated or explained.

3) Third, the balancing is really perplexing to me. I play as a medic, and it seems that the only class that has the best stats is the Assault class. Why cant I, as a Medic, score as many points as an Assault class expert, if I am reviving my team mates effectively. Also, spotting seems really odd. If I spot an enemy, I get 5 points, really? This creates a whole set of activities that seem really ineffective, yet are very important for the game itself. Also, why so few points for capturing an objective and no real benefit for actually HOLDING the objective? This creates a perhaps unintended incentive for ALL players to just roam from objective to objective mindlessly. There are so many topics in this area, and many members have mentioned these already.

4) Last, but not least, the lack of communication around what EA / Dice are doing for cheaters is disappointing to me as a new player. A simple search online shows tons of companies offering aim bots, ESP, etc. to cheat, and I even submitted a couple of YouTube videos where people were explicitly cheating, but never received any response back. This creates the perception that EA / Dice does not care, further discouraging new players like myself.

OK, I hope that you find this constructive.
  • spartanx169x
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sincerely, thanks for the feedback Dan.

• MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When rush ? tnx
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MADMAC50K wrote: »
    New content? Who cares! Just fix the many, many bugs in this game! CC, TTD, Vaulting, Cheats, Visibility, Bad Spawns, Assignment Tracking, yada yada. All things that should work right out of the gate. Months after the release and they are STILL broken!? I don't want new content until the game actually works properly....

This^
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    FIX
    COMPANY
    COIN

WE'RE
    WORKING
    ON IT

(Hope to have more info on this over the next few days...)

Haha good response man made me laugh when replaying to to obnoxious people and there are so many whiners on this forum.
  • villet4x
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    villet4x wrote: »
    Very nice 10 points for telling us about the patch👌 I cant believe this enymore, I think i hop into world of COD.

Not ready to talk about update yet. In due time.

Good to know👌 Thank you mate!
  • TheMotorizedKiwi
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    can we please get some info on this infinate loading screen bug resulting in having to alt-f4 and restart the game after every match. its making the game unplayable
  • MLB2CLG
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    More interested in the upcoming patch and what it's fixing, really. Can't wait to hear about that.

Fortunately, we're working on update notes this week to provide you that visibility into the upcoming update.

Thank you for taking the time to Respond even though, you don't have the exact information.
    Its a very positive thing that you do that, Then players feel like we are being heard.
    And for me that's the most important part, I'm sure its a very complex issue around the CC.

So thank You

Kind Regards
    MLB2CLG
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wlkos wrote: »
    I don't need new maps, new skins. What I need is playing BF V 2 game in a row. Now i must Alt+F4 almost every game because new map stops loading. Nobody from EA/DICE don't care. Every game when I play allready starts and I lost many points every game. Company coins? I can't buy upgrade's for weapon. DO SOMETHING !!!
    Never had this problem, I think your pc is just ****
  • Contris1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wlkos wrote: »
    I don't need new maps, new skins. What I need is playing BF V 2 game in a row. Now i must Alt+F4 almost every game because new map stops loading. Nobody from EA/DICE don't care. Every game when I play allready starts and I lost many points every game. Company coins? I can't buy upgrade's for weapon. DO SOMETHING !!!

try borderless screen this helped me to stop having black screen after map loading. would finish any grand operation without borderless
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buffon wrote: »
     #RegionLockChina  

When will DICE lock The Chinese region?
    If DICE leaves their cheating behavior it will follow the same path as PUBG.

Their cheat usage is 94%.
    However, DICE is very tolerant of them.

If the Chinese are faithful to the rules, we do not need to do this.

In the worst case, there is the possibility that you have to sign here.
    https://www.change.org/

come on dude i live in China and that is not the solution , i would doubt chinese would play on USA / Euro / Oceanic server anyway due to the ping , it is not like PUBG with the match making , generally I need to play either Japan / Singapore servers as that is where I am routed to . The issue is implement a decent anti cheat, ban these scum like PUBG did , at the moment there is no functional anti cheat or bans , you can see this by players you report still playing or players named and shamed on youtube with irrefutable evidence but they are still in the game
  • SnakeInfinite
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When are we going to get private servers?
  • ArchangelMike00
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Coming in 1st place on my team with less kills than anybody in the top 10 is the ultimate feeling for me.

^^^I completely agree with this! PTFO! ****'s!
  • DancesWthMice
    98 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Danmotoxx,

You have avoided responding to the rampant cheating problem. All other issues pale in comparison.

Cat got your tongue?