You guys need to stop with the negativity - DICE/EA gets it

Comments

• Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please people, dont compare a $20k+ to a $60 game it doesnt make a good arguement.

A game that has bugs and issues is not the same as buying a car with 2 wheels.

Also cars are the exact same way. I bought my new car and 2 months later I had to take it back because software in the engine analysis was not working properly so I had to take it in to get fixed.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One person commented that, as players, you can't win with this community when complaining. Well, I would say Dice is in the same situation, they can't win either. For every thread wanting something, there is a thread saying the exact opposite. Bugs and glitches, a different story, those should be fixed as quickly as possible. Gameplay, you hope the balance is to your liking, which still means a lot of players will are not going to like it.

Funny thing is most people here and not just here but on every game forum really don’t care about balance what they want is an advantage for their specific play style. I’ve been on many forums-COD, Gears of War, Halo, Overwatch, 80 to 90% of the time complaints are because the player getting beat wants an advantage to suit their play style. They dont care about balance they certainly don’t care about the population as a whole. They only care about their own gameplay.
  • arjeto
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If Dice "got it"....BF5 would have been much better.
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it is this simple , we paid for a product on a promise that we would get X+X+X but they havnt delivered on what they said, so we as the consumer have every right to complain, it is very rare people complain about a good product or service. We are no talking about an Indie developer here this is a AAA company
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Please people, dont compare a $20k+ to a $60 game it doesnt make a good arguement.

Also cars are the exact same way. I bought my new car and 2 months later I had to take it back because software in the engine analysis was not working properly so I had to take it in to get fixed.

First: They fix it immediately! Second: They dont insult you when showing the first pictures of the new car model and you say that you dont like certain features.
    Third: The general example stands and you can say the same when buying a Toaster or any other kitchen tool within that price range:
    " Yes yes its a great Toaster. Well sometimes it only toasts one side and way too cold. Oh and two of the three features described on the package are currently not working. And we dont know when they will. So that will be sixty Euros..."
    And now imagine some other costumer standing behind you and defending that product while you say that this is ridiculous.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This forum has so much negativity.
    Dan posts a forum about a clip of the week deal and everyone is just posting like oh i want my company coin i want my company coin

We get it. They get it.
    they are working on it.

why not use the time to talk about constructive things and have some fun?

Ok so your bashing negativity by starting a thread being negative? Got it lol
  • JDK23Gaming
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IIWBII wrote: »
    I want my company coin

Do you have any suggestion how to do that or not ??

If not then just stop complaining !!
    Because you have no idea how hard it is to fix these kind of bugs !

So if for example you bought a new graphics card that breaks down shortly after buy or even comes defective from the start, you are only entitled to complain to your seller / the card producer if you know how to fix your broken graphics card?

The product EA sold to their customers is in some cases broken beyond belief (as in not being able to advance their player character because of getting no CC after LVL50, and no, weapon assignments also give them no CC), so buyers have all rights to complain about that.

Because you know why? EA would not take "buggy" money from us players, but are perfectly fine with selling us a broken product for our perfectly valid cash.

Some as you may find that totally acceptable, but I do not.

i just mean only negative complaining won't get you what you want !!
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No your correct .
    YOUR car had bugs in its software.
    Trouble is millions of copies of battlefield 5 have software bugs.
    As a consumer I expect my purchases to be running in good order, irrespective of how much I pay for them!
    When I throw a med kit down on the floor I don’t expect it to sink into oblivion after literally 5mins of playing the game.

Let’s take off these fanboy spectacles and grap a handful of reality!
  • The_digital_Hal
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    You guys need to shut up...have some fun?

Hard to have fun when players literally cannot upgrade weapons or vehicles post rank 50, which took roughly 2 weeks to achieve playing casually.
    Guess what players need to upgrade their gear? I think you already know. :)

This issue was also reported since launch, so they've known about it for almost 2 full months before they finally got around to fixing it.

So no....I'm not going to shut up anytime soon, and especially not because some white knight EA poster boy told everyone to.

• PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys need to shut up...have some fun?

Hard to have fun when players literally cannot upgrade weapons or vehicles post rank 50, which took roughly 2 weeks to achieve playing casually.
    Guess what players need to upgrade their gear? I think you already know. :)

This issue was also reported since launch, so they've known about it for almost 2 full months before they finally got around to fixing it.

So no....I'm not going to shut up anytime soon, and especially not because some white knight EA poster boy told everyone to.

CC issue does not affect everybody, which makes it more difficult to find the solution. I get it, and I'm an adult. There are 10 million posts about the same thing, no reason to keep parroting the same crap over and over.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If no-one where to say anything or indeed stop saying things while the game is in its current state, then surely that would send the message that everything is ok?
    How do you propose players send there feedback?

I actually think a lot of people have the right to be incredulous, sometimes it can be unreasonable bordering on ridiculous but you don’t have to read it or engage.
    I’ve avoided the forums only reading threads with interesting titles rather than negative ones.

I’d argue that dice infact don’t “get it”.
    They’ve certainly been panicking and they are now fixing there game and listening to the player base but why are we in this position in the first place?
    Bf4 had a disastrous launch with a tonne of technical issues which were then fixed, but where were the lessons learned?

I’m just very disappointed along with most the player base still playing, I can’t see dice making this the game it could of been and actually I think now the best course of action would be to cut losses and make a new bf modern shooter leaning heavily on what worked in bf3 and 4 and going from there.

• PvtPart5
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How is this not locked?

• liveAiming
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No they don't get it, the game is from time to time a buggy mess, there are unlimited zones in the game where you have invisible walls infront of you, the matchmaking is kinda odd, the vehicles are op if leveled up, leaving people without chance to level them up themselves, the weapons are unbalanced af, maps like fjell nonsense shouldt even exist, the driving and flying mechanics are a bad joke, they are so horrible that its just ridiculous how it could get trough qc, the masterys are easy for some classes and ridiculous for others, this i no battlefield, its a **** fast paced shooter a la CoD, but a bad clone of it.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Its so comical how people keep describing this as a 'community'!
    I really think that word does not mean what you think it means :)

It all depends on the person that writes the word "community".
    There never was or will never be a global "community" for any game, if you have clans or similar you will have a some sort of "community" on local forums.
    On this forum there is a bunch of different customers , and ppl is using that as "community" which it is not.
    I do not know where ppl that says "this community is toxic" and such gets there preferences from, most likely from some old clan forum or similar, this forum is and will not be that ever.
    Good point. One guys says "the community" is toxic, the next guy says "the community" is a bunch of shills for EA. They can't both be right.

Asking ppl to shut up because OP him/her self is satisfied will not make any difference in the so called "community" mind set.
    And it is quite presumptuous to say that DICE/EA gets it. I for once have a hard time to believe that they "get it" at all, but i might be wrong.
    I think DICE/EA gets it, they just don't necessarily want to expend the resources to fix things we want fixed in the time frame in which we want those fixes to take place. BF4 was so bad at release that it had a negative impact on EA's stock price when the mainstream media picked up on how unhappy gamers were. So it was all hands on deck to fix that game, DICE was told to suspend work on all other projects and concentrate on BF4 repairs. Took them over a year and DICE LA and Visceral had to be brought in, but fix it they did. BFV isn't nearly as bad, it has bugs and some weak design decisions, and the network performance is clearly substandard, but it's not anything like BF4 was at launch. So my guess is EA isn't freaking out on fixing BFV, and patches will be fewer and slower in appearing. So I think DICE/EA is listening, but listening like my wife listens to me and then does what she wanted to anyway. I know some of you are familiar with that....

• pebjesus
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Its so funny a whole developing studio is not able to find the right propotions, judt imagine looking at the data of K/D in general in bf5 *lol*

But on the other hand, who am i, to complain. I paid 35 bucks for the new game while cod enthusiast pay 60 for the game plus 40 gor the pass, if im correct?! xD

This game makes me waaaay more mad sometimes, then i ever imagined, from a BF game.

btw. Its thursday now, 4 days into the week after their break, half of the players complain, a quarter is high tier and dont care & the other one is camping on gravel or hiding in front of a door. Yet the only news on #hotfixes #bugfixes i can get, is from private twitter accounts from developer.

ggwp.

edit: oh and thank u dice for the working respawn system on console!
  • Psycomad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jcleary47 wrote: »
    Bamsmacked wrote: »
    Hard to have constructive discussion when Dice doesn't talk to us.
    09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

Hard to be any kind of discussion when DICE goes completely dark for almost an entire month. Literally, December 14 was the post prior to the one released on the 7th of January that discussed issues. Almost a complete month of silence. No reddit. No official forums.
    Yes, they were on vacation. Yes, they are humans and deserve that. But should they have left us out in the open for an entire month? Not even university students get that long off. Most high school students only got 2 weeks, starting on the 20th of Dec. Dice going completely silent was a mistake. Especially when they announce that they've fixed issues before they even left for vacation but didn't roll out a patch.
    That was their mistake. Announcing that things were fixed and going to roll out in an upcoming patch, then later, announcing that patch is happening in the middle of the next month instead of when the updates were ready.

Are you a high school student? You sound like you might be. I won't presume you know what it is like working in the game development industry, because you clearly don't. To say they deserve a vacation is an understatement. If you knew half of what these development teams, especially ones under the thumb of a company like EA, go through to get to a release and beyond, you'd lose your mind.

Here's the facts - no matter what Dice said, short of saying they were going to work through the holidays to fix the issue, it would not have been enough. Even that might not have been enough. That's the way petulant children that are used to getting everything they want right now are.

All this bickering over not getting company coins. Who on earth even truly cares about such things? It. Does. Not. Matter.

You don't need the coins right now. You just don't. You don't need to max out every gun to be able to be successful in the game. You can scratch your completion-ist another day. That's all this is about. Children who have to have everything right away (see: pre-ordering and buying deluxe editions of games right when they come out instead of waiting for reviews and bugs to be fixed - and subsequently whining on forums), and are obsessed with all the trivial nonsense that comes with games, instead of just playing them.

You people are absolutely off your rockers.

Being a game developer does not make you special, you game developers are whine children, wha wha wha look at all the effort i put in.
  • BA2VGT
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bamsmacked wrote: »
    Hard to have constructive discussion when Dice doesn't talk to us.
    09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

Hard to be any kind of discussion when DICE goes completely dark for almost an entire month. Literally, December 14 was the post prior to the one released on the 7th of January that discussed issues. Almost a complete month of silence. No reddit. No official forums.
    Yes, they were on vacation. Yes, they are humans and deserve that. But should they have left us out in the open for an entire month? Not even university students get that long off. Most high school students only got 2 weeks, starting on the 20th of Dec. Dice going completely silent was a mistake. Especially when they announce that they've fixed issues before they even left for vacation but didn't roll out a patch.
    That was their mistake. Announcing that things were fixed and going to roll out in an upcoming patch, then later, announcing that patch is happening in the middle of the next month instead of when the updates were ready.

No, they don't deserve that. They don't deserve a freaking month off after screwing up this bad. Crazy to plan a month off after any triple A game launch, forget a bad one.

I've done a good job and still had to work on Thanksgiving day, and worked the weekend before and days after Christmas (2 days off) so cry me a river. Freaking Europe and it's 1 month annual holiday .
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

How many months did they take to fix it?
  • G-Gnu
    1533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Its so comical how people keep describing this as a 'community'!
    I really think that word does not mean what you think it means :)

It all depends on the person that writes the word "community".
    There never was or will never be a global "community" for any game, if you have clans or similar you will have a some sort of "community" on local forums.
    On this forum there is a bunch of different customers , and ppl is using that as "community" which it is not.
    I do not know where ppl that says "this community is toxic" and such gets there preferences from, most likely from some old clan forum or similar, this forum is and will not be that ever.
    Good point. One guys says "the community" is toxic, the next guy says "the community" is a bunch of shills for EA. They can't both be right.

Asking ppl to shut up because OP him/her self is satisfied will not make any difference in the so called "community" mind set.
    And it is quite presumptuous to say that DICE/EA gets it. I for once have a hard time to believe that they "get it" at all, but i might be wrong.
    I think DICE/EA gets it, they just don't necessarily want to expend the resources to fix things we want fixed in the time frame in which we want those fixes to take place. BF4 was so bad at release that it had a negative impact on EA's stock price when the mainstream media picked up on how unhappy gamers were. So it was all hands on deck to fix that game, DICE was told to suspend work on all other projects and concentrate on BF4 repairs. Took them over a year and DICE LA and Visceral had to be brought in, but fix it they did. BFV isn't nearly as bad, it has bugs and some weak design decisions, and the network performance is clearly substandard, but it's not anything like BF4 was at launch. So my guess is EA isn't freaking out on fixing BFV, and patches will be fewer and slower in appearing. So I think DICE/EA is listening, but listening like my wife listens to me and then does what she wanted to anyway. I know some of you are familiar with that....

That i can agree on , specially the wife part :P :)
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

First: They fix it immediately! Second: They dont insult you when showing the first pictures of the new car model and you say that you dont like certain features.
    Third: The general example stands and you can say the same when buying a Toaster or any other kitchen tool within that price range:
    " Yes yes its a great Toaster. Well sometimes it only toasts one side and way too cold. Oh and two of the three features described on the package are currently not working. And we dont know when they will. So that will be sixty Euros..."
    And now imagine some other costumer standing behind you and defending that product while you say that this is ridiculous.

Such bad analogies.

Firstly, there was a beta, I knew full well what I was purchasing, bugs, imbalances & all. I made a fully informed purchased. I knew there was going to be hiccups at launch, just like every BF before it, but I bought it anyway as the game only cost me around AUD$100 and I would get my monies worth out of it like I do with every BF title I'd purchased previously.

Maybe you should stop buying games at launch without doing your due diligence huh?