Terrible FPS - 3570K | GTX 1060

Comments

• Brezzels
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My 1060gtx(oC'd) is barely handling recent titles, pretty sure won't be able to in near future unless I decide to compromise too much graphics quality.
    My 7700k @ 4.8 is still holding but not for very long I'm afraid.
    Thinking about a 9700k + 2080 upgrade soon.

Name another recent game which has that struggle? Fallout 76? My PC barely runs Skyrim these days, which is rather lack of talent of devs.

• 5hadyBrady
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Brezzels wrote: »
    My 1060gtx(oC'd) is barely handling recent titles, pretty sure won't be able to in near future unless I decide to compromise too much graphics quality.

Name another recent game which has that struggle? Fallout 76? My PC barely runs Skyrim these days, which is rather lack of talent of devs.

I can name tons of games that will demolish a 1060 even at 1080p. The 1060 game out in 2016. It's approaching 3 years old, even if there's only been a single generation jump in GPU architecture. Games are just catching up.
  • Drzator
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    secaree wrote: »
    L0rdZip wrote: »
    BF5 requires atleast a 6-core with fast 3200mhz DDR4 if you don't want fps-dips.

What is your source for this? Why does it require 3200?

He's probably talking about Ryzen. Ryzen performs extremely better with higher clocked ram, up to 3200mghz. There's like a 20fps difference between 2133 and 3000mghz in some games with ryzen cpu's. It's insane, because once you factor in the cost of higher clocked ram, and a better motherboard for power delivery, ryzen isn't actually that much cheaper than it's superior competition (in gaming). At that point it's like a 2 to 5% delta in cost , or "price to performance", and the intel chips have 0 stability issues, and perform better. So I don't know what the excuse is. I guess I shouldn't complain , because these people are ultimately taking one for the team in the free market.

What are you talking about? Taht intel cpu and gtx 1070 is better then AMD cpu and GTX 1080 for same price?
  • enchantedprince
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the exact same issue! Massive FPS drops and PC ain't that bad.
    i7 6700 3.4Ghz
    Z170 Chipset
    16 GB DDR4 3200
    GTX 1070 8GB

Could be the 2nd monitor the issue? I don't use it to extended the game, just to have discord chat or anything open on it.
  • crashingdabrave
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    McFoaners wrote: »
    blerooooo wrote: »
    There are people with last gen i7 and 16GB DDR4 with same issues, so spending money on upgrade isn't 100% guarantee that it will work.
    The game is just extremely unoptimized. It doesn't even visually look like it would require high end hardware to run on 1080p/ low.

People having problems with last gen i7 and 16 gb of ram have somehow screwed their system up. This game is very optimized and smooth sailing with 6700k, 16 gb of ram and rtx 2070.

That is some pretty lame reasoning if you ask me. “They somehow screwed something up”. The game is not as optimized as you think it is. This is a game issue 100%.

• Dyran569
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Exact the same problem here. I also have an i5 [email protected],4GHz, GTX 1060 6GB and 16 GB RAM

I know, they can't make my old CPU faster and newer :smiley: but even if gen6 and gen7 players have the problem, I hope it gets better with an update. Even for me
  • mvdv25
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    i7 6700 3.4Ghz
    Z170 Chipset
    16 GB DDR4 3200
    GTX 1070 8GB

Could be the 2nd monitor the issue? I don't use it to extended the game, just to have discord chat or anything open on it.

Try DX12.
    I had also FPS drops with 1440P max settings. Like really hard FPS drops. (GPU only using 40% / also using Ryzen 1600)
    So at first, i changed to medium settings, to get stable 60+ FPS.
    However i did update my Nvidia drivers and tried DX12. It is butter smooth on MAX settings.
  • enchantedprince
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mvdv25 wrote: »
    i7 6700 3.4Ghz
    Z170 Chipset
    16 GB DDR4 3200
    GTX 1070 8GB

Try DX12.
    I had also FPS drops with 1440P max settings. Like really hard FPS drops. (GPU only using 40% / also using Ryzen 1600)
    So at first, i changed to medium settings, to get stable 60+ FPS.
    However i did update my Nvidia drivers and tried DX12. It is butter smooth on MAX settings.

Well, somehow turning off my 2nd monitor fixed the issue.. Do nvidia drivers by default think you use both monitors for the game? *wonders*
  • TheTormentor07
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now weird thing is these are my system specs:

i5 3570k @4.2
    16gb corsair 2133 ram
    R9 390 8GB
    game on ssd
    1080p res
    Acer freesync monitor (not sure how much this helps)

I get pretty much solid 60 fps on most maps, I have the occasional drops here and there but they are only for a few seconds, all I did was launch BFV open task manager and set CPU priority to high.

In game settings are a mix of medium and high, not sure how I'm getting away with somewhat decent performance but I am so B)
  • JIM_SOFT_STOOL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Strange A lot of bashing the 3570k? Okay its old and fall behind the min spec but it was only the other day on the amsterdam map I noticed i was dipping below 60fps during intense firefights and probs below 30 fps when i died. however thats not realy a problem ? I checked my graphics settings realized i was on ultra and instead set it to high and now i got like 60-90 fps 90% of the time perfectly playable in 1080 looks great!

3570k oc3.8/4.2 (turbo mode)
    8gb ddr3 Budget Hyperx stuff ?
    1060 6gb msi
    ocz ssd
  • DocCuda418
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My 3770K not OC with a 680GTX can run BF5 80-90fps on a 2K monitor with everything low but mesh which is ultra. The 8700K with the 1080 does 110-140 fps with a 2K screen but most settings are high or medium except all the post processing and fancy stuff.
  • mendez84
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why people even bothering arguing with this ?! Obviously his cpu is to slow and old , 8gb 1333 ram is to slow and not enough for this game , and the even the gtx1060 is not that great for this game .
    people throwing negative comments about the game just because they don't have computers that are able to run it , yes the game isn't perfect and have some bugs , but I play it in 4k ultra settings and I didn't have to sell a kidney .peace out
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No issue on my older rig 3570k @4.3ghz, 16gb @ 2133, GTX 780TI , with textures and text filtering on medium, the rest on low or off except mesh on ultra = 60-75FPS at 1080p in dx11. 8GB is on the low side now for gaming. I think that is your issue.
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These guys will always attack the weakest part of your system, and blame it all on some random specification you're running. It's not. I have a 7700K and a GTX1080 and there are maps where I struggle to get 60fps with nerfed graphics on 1440p. I get 90+ in BF1 with everything on Ultra at 1440p. So there's a significant demand in BF5 , and you're likely to see it with all combinations of hardware. The good news is, the difference between lower settings and higher settings aren't as noticeable as they were in the past. There's not very much aliasing, or artifacts with lower settings.

Edit * Most hardware. I'm sure if you buy a 9900K and a 2080ti you'll see 120+ frames always. The problem is, that will cost you a kidney.

GTX 1080 with a 6800k i run 110-140fps at 1440p with a mix of ultra and high, i just have lighting and post processing on medium. People really need look at there hardware and software to make this game run properly. I use to have micro stutter because of a bad intel driver...
  • Goldensn1per
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same Processor a GTX 1060 6GB 24GB of RAM DDR3 1600. I have more than 60fps unless I play Gran Operations and a lot of action happen ( especially smoke) I guess my CPU is the bottleneck.. but well I can survive as it is I guess. I dont have the money to buy new CPU/RAM/MB
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Malzius wrote: »
    Sorry to say this but your specs are too low for 2018 titles. My 1060gtx(oC'd) is barely handling recent titles, pretty sure won't be able to in near future unless I decide to compromise too much graphics quality.

i would say the 7700k is good for another 2 years honestly, anyway i have a ryzen 2700x on the way for my second pc, i might end up swapping some component in it if the ryzen 2700x holds up better in the future, but for now the 7700k at 5 ghz is really good for gaming still

Well maybe at 5ghz you can squeeze out some more performence but it seems to have hit its limit in my case. What ram speed are you using ?
  • EdwinSpangler
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    McFoaners wrote: »
    blerooooo wrote: »
    There are people with last gen i7 and 16GB DDR4 with same issues, so spending money on upgrade isn't 100% guarantee that it will work.
    The game is just extremely unoptimized. It doesn't even visually look like it would require high end hardware to run on 1080p/ low.

People having problems with last gen i7 and 16 gb of ram have somehow screwed their system up. This game is very optimized and smooth sailing with 6700k, 16 gb of ram and rtx 2070.

That is some pretty lame reasoning if you ask me. “They somehow screwed something up”. The game is not as optimized as you think it is. This is a game issue 100%.

Yea, just a little lame. I dont think he knows what a smooth running game looks like.. "Very optimized" he says..
  • StgGorman
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    people with poor performance should first run a quick system bench on "unserbenchmark.com" to see which components act as they should.
  • StgGorman
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    He's probably talking about Ryzen. Ryzen performs extremely better with higher clocked ram, up to 3200mghz. There's like a 20fps difference between 2133 and 3000mghz in some games with ryzen cpu's. It's insane, because once you factor in the cost of higher clocked ram, and a better motherboard for power delivery, ryzen isn't actually that much cheaper than it's superior competition (in gaming). At that point it's like a 2 to 5% delta in cost , or "price to performance", and the intel chips have 0 stability issues, and perform better. So I don't know what the excuse is. I guess I shouldn't complain , because these people are ultimately taking one for the team in the free market.

IHMO:

the thing is, higher clocked ram dosent cost so much more, also nothing (but the ram itself) can stop you from overclocking your 2133 ram to a certain extent
    (when you go higher than 3000+ it might get expensive)

but ... once you have a dedicated gfx card the ram isnt so much important. sure its cool to have it, but the GFX-card is much more important.

i have ryzen 2600x, gtx1070ti and some average ram clocked to 2666 (not even same manufacturer lol, just some random sticks) - runs in 2560x1440 on everything set to ultra, except antialiasing (is set to TAA) pretty good
    - for the excact values i need to test it, but i guess its average 60 fps.
    (i played mostly so far with 1920x1080 setting)

(sidenote: i have some really good ram in a low spec pc, which need it more :), 16gb 3200 ram - but as mentioned, its not so much needed if theres a good a good GFX-card, sure its better to have it at a certain level.
    and out of curiosity i will test it with that 3200 ram also and see how much better the performance can get with it, the actual ram can be OC'ed to 2800 - tested -, but i nerfed it to 2666)

anyways the gfx in battlefield and the sound is simply stunning greatness.

EDIT:

just dropped into a game:
    twisted steel, 64 players, PC specs as listed above, 2560x1440, all ultra except antialiasing set to TAA, frames were stable between 70 and 90, smooth
    (sidenote: CPU, GPU and RAM (as mentioned) are slightly OC'ed, nothing too serious)
    Post edited by StgGorman on
  • Farekim
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi there.

I had 3570k @4,3 and a 1060 6Gb with 16gb ram.

My FPS was terrible no matter what I did.

So I decided to upgrade my CPU to Ryzen 5 2600X.

My FPS doubled. No joke.

Went from 60-70 to 110-130, and thats by also increasing all graphics from low to medium.

If you are going for a similar Ryzen upgrade, keep in mind to get alteast 3000mhz RAM, IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I went for Corsiar LPX Ryzen ed. 3200mhz.

Works like a charm.

B450 Strix is a recommended budget board.

Thanks.