Rented Servers when?

Comments

• Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Servers with bad Admins have a very short shelf life.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yahia wrote: »
    I hope never because the amount of admin abuse in BF4 servers got on my F***ing nerves.

The amount of admin abuse I’ve seen is minimal, compared to the horrendous amount of abusive and malicious players that passed our servers.

There is simply no comparison: malicious players far outnumbered the few badmins.

Read my previous comment, I listed a FEW of the things that happened to me because of admin abuse.

Based on your logic, there should be no rental servers because one badmin nuked your team.
    Using the same logic, players shouldn’t be allowed to play BF V because of all the malicious players in the game.

Get a grip. If you don’t like an admin or server, move on to a friendlier server. Don’t lump us all as being the same; I certainly don’t accuse each and every BF player as being a cheater, racist, sadistic, etc.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully NEVER. You want to go back to the days of getting kicked/banned from servers for playing too good? Yeah no thanks. People can't handle the responsibility of being an admin unfortunately. There should be one reason and one reason only to kick/ban someone: hacking. And by "hacking" I mean SOLID PROOF someone is hacking. And someone being better than you is not hacking, sorry.
    In all the years I played BF on rented servers, there were only a handful I wouldn't go back to because they had "badmins". On the other hand I had many servers in my favorites list, servers with fair rules and good admins, fun places to play. I also recall that all too often someone would come here and complain about being kicked or banned "for no reason" by a "**** admin"--you know how that song goes. And then the admin would show up and post the chat log from the server showing the player had spewed obscenities and racial slurs at everyone who killed him, or was destroying team assets and so on, and after being warned to stop, he'd been kicked or banned. Without fail the player claiming he'd been kicked "for no reason" disappeared without another word.

So yeah, there are reasons for players to be kicked/banned other than hack use, disrupting a server--which is private property--is grounds for being kicked because their roof = their rules (within EA's TOS). If you don't want to be kicked, don't act like a jerk in a place someone else pays for. Or play on Official servers where admin powers are sharply restricted. Nobody forces you to play in a rented server with rules you don't like, you're completely free to go elsewhere.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience, abusive players far outnumbered abusive admins.
    You sure got that right, by about a hundred thousand to one. Abusive admins always risked players voting with their feet and going elsewhere. I remember one such server which went from being popular to being a ghost town quite quickly, one of the few "badmin" servers I ever encountered.

People who insist that rented servers are a bad idea are usually not telling us the whole story of why they were sometimes kicked/banned. For every one who was kicked because he killed the admin or whatever, there were many, many more who richly deserved to be kicked because of their toxic behavior.

I doubt EA will bring back rented servers, they have a one-size-fits-all, take it or leave it business model now. Frankly I think they're okay with games dying in a few years so they can sell us a new game, the last thing they would want is us still playing BF4 or whatever long after it had ceased to be profitable for them.
  • Jaskaman
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You sure got that right, by about a hundred thousand to one. Abusive admins always risked players voting with their feet and going elsewhere. I remember one such server which went from being popular to being a ghost town quite quickly, one of the few "badmin" servers I ever encountered.

People who insist that rented servers are a bad idea are usually not telling us the whole story of why they were sometimes kicked/banned. For every one who was kicked because he killed the admin or whatever, there were many, many more who richly deserved to be kicked because of their toxic behavior.

I doubt EA will bring back rented servers, they have a one-size-fits-all, take it or leave it business model now. Frankly I think they're okay with games dying in a few years so they can sell us a new game, the last thing they would want is us still playing BF4 or whatever long after it had ceased to be profitable for them.

But players like me are expecting there will be Rented servers, as it was on their radar and "coming soon to roadmap". If they will not add them, I will not buy next BF title unless they confirm it in advance that there will be RSP.
    Also we have to remember, they still get money from server rentals from BF4.
    And I do not understand some people saying that rented servers are a bad idea, because they still can play on official ones if they do not like some rules....
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I doubt EA will bring back rented servers, they have a one-size-fits-all, take it or leave it business model now. Frankly I think they're okay with games dying in a few years so they can sell us a new game.

The issue with the current business model is that its not good for business...current sales confirms that..
  • parkingbrake
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    But players like me are expecting there will be Rented servers, as it was on their radar and "coming soon to roadmap". If they will not add them, I will not buy next BF title unless they confirm it in advance that there will be RSP.
    Also we have to remember, they still get money from server rentals from BF4.
    And I do not understand some people saying that rented servers are a bad idea, because they still can play on official ones if they do not like some rules....

I agree, but some folks react to even the most reasonable rules as an infringement on their rights. That someone else is paying for the server and has made a rule against shooting into or out of the spawn means they feel compelled to break that rule, argue with the admins about it with lots of foul language, get kicked or banned, and then come here to claim a badmin kicked them for no reason blah blah, it's an old story. I suppose it's a matter of maturity, and some people never develop that.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    If it is true that EA believes rental servers are bad because players will keep going back to old games, I believe the opposite is true. Players eventually get tired of the same old stuff and will move on. But while rental servers play old titles, they serve as an attraction to new players. BF3 and BF4 are still being sold today.

Why would anyone buy these games, where it not for the existence of rental servers run by communities. EA can’t be that stupid to ignore this fact, right?
  • CrashCA
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh yes, they can
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    Hopefully NEVER. You want to go back to the days of getting kicked/banned from servers for playing too good? Yeah no thanks. People can't handle the responsibility of being an admin unfortunately. There should be one reason and one reason only to kick/ban someone: hacking. And by "hacking" I mean SOLID PROOF someone is hacking. And someone being better than you is not hacking, sorry.
    In all the years I played BF on rented servers, there were only a handful I wouldn't go back to because they had "badmins". On the other hand I had many servers in my favorites list, servers with fair rules and good admins, fun places to play. I also recall that all too often someone would come here and complain about being kicked or banned "for no reason" by a "**** admin"--you know how that song goes. And then the admin would show up and post the chat log from the server showing the player had spewed obscenities and racial slurs at everyone who killed him, or was destroying team assets and so on, and after being warned to stop, he'd been kicked or banned. Without fail the player claiming he'd been kicked "for no reason" disappeared without another word.

So yeah, there are reasons for players to be kicked/banned other than hack use, disrupting a server--which is private property--is grounds for being kicked because their roof = their rules (within EA's TOS). If you don't want to be kicked, don't act like a jerk in a place someone else pays for. Or play on Official servers where admin powers are sharply restricted. Nobody forces you to play in a rented server with rules you don't like, you're completely free to go elsewhere.

Agreed.

In every BF title I’ve played, not once was I banned by any admin.

Once, I joined a “tactical” server in BF3. Without knowing the rules, I joined the populated server and went about playing. The server admin noticed I wasn’t playing according to the rules. Instead of kicking or banning me, he kindly sent me a message and told me to review their rules on their site.

After reading their rules, I thanked the admin and played accordingly.
    I played in that server off and on for several months.

No badmins there!

• Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CrashCA wrote: »

Yeah right, the problem is me when some cu*t admin nukes my whole team at the beginning of an operation metro game to give his team an advantage or when I get thrown into the losing team at the end of a round just because, or when an admin tasks my sniper slot that I had from the beginning of the game away because I was doing too good with it that round. Just **** off, don't tell me that the problem is me.

Take your sorry **** to "Official" servers.

And I hope **** like you never get to be admins on a rental server. The likes of you are those admins who do the **** I listed. You just backed up my point. So I hope you never get the chance to have a rental server program.
  • spateri1
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any updates? Its pretty sad you guys haven't opened this feature up.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hexfurion wrote: »
    Then you have not experienced any good servers or admins.Without its own server, Battlefield is dead!Sure, there are always stupid admins kick one for no reason.But one quickly finds good server

Yes, perfect.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope never because the amount of admin abuse in BF4 servers got on my F***ing nerves.

u can still play on official servers when we are on our rented servers!
  • Jaskaman
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

u can still play on official servers when we are on our rented servers!

He does not understand that....
  • CrashCA
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And on titles previous to BF1, no official servers exist anymore.
    Coming to BF1 SOON™ I expect. Then lets see how he feels about rented servers.
  • Metal_Jockets

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out by gaming on a server controlled by an active admin insurers a cleaner and better gaming experience...

Past titles confirms that..

• DFM-BagofPoo
    T

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out by gaming on a server controlled by an active admin insurers a cleaner and better gaming experience...

Past titles confirms that..

True, but EA decided to listen to morons who cry, “badmins”.

It’s quite obvious that EA cares more about malicious players than a clean gaming environment.
  • DigitalHype
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The problem is YOU.

Yeah right, the problem is me when some cu*t admin nukes my whole team at the beginning of an operation metro game to give his team an advantage or when I get thrown into the losing team at the end of a round just because, or when an admin tasks my sniper slot that I had from the beginning of the game away because I was doing too good with it that round. Just **** off, don't tell me that the problem is me.

Then play EA/DICE servers. Problem solved.