Let's play a game - SPOT the enemy (Good luck!!!)

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    4725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i can't understand people complaining about being killed by a camper. If he kill you once, shame on him, if he kill you twice, shame on u.
    There are more than a few places where the campers have a very strong position. If the map/mode does not have planes to bomb entrenched enemies from the sky or sufficient cover for flanking then the campers have a massive advantage.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Fjell is probably one of the worst maps when it comes to infantry visibility. I usually just rely on tracers and the minimap unless I catch them at close quarters.

No it's not, Germans on devistation is the hardest to spot

No Hamada - all infantry is the worst :wink:
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't see the visibility issue being fixed as with all the different uniforms and cosmetics, players can pick camouflaged colours for each type of map and camp.

Perhaps DICE should outline each player in bold florescent green? - problem fixed :wink:
  • Hawxxeye
    4725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    I can't see the visibility issue being fixed as with all the different uniforms and cosmetics, players can pick camouflaged colours for each type of map and camp.

Perhaps DICE should outline each player in bold florescent green? - problem fixed :wink:

more color saturation for the player models would be a good start.
    Also the enemies in the shadows should not be dyed black as right now, after work I will share a video where an almost pure black enemy model passed in front of a door
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I have noticed the bipod for the LMGs & MMGs deploy while lying on your back, which gives you laseraim obvious...

Correct me if I´m wrong... But shouldn´t the bipod only be deployed when lying prone on your ****?

lying on back is mechanically prone as far as the game is concerned

But who in DICE actually OK'd that decision. Makes no sense does it even without the visibility issues.
  • full951
    2300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    I had the benifit of taking my time and zooming in. and I'm still not 100% sure. but i see.. something that looks like a player w/no gun just under the red [WST] clan tag in the kill feed. two steps forward and the kill feed that isn't tucked in the corner like it should be would block your view entirely

edit: I lost, lolgotyertags spotted that second guy that is basically invisible
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 11
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I have noticed the bipod for the LMGs & MMGs deploy while lying on your back, which gives you laseraim obvious...

Correct me if I´m wrong... But shouldn´t the bipod only be deployed when lying prone on your ****?

lying on back is mechanically prone as far as the game is concerned

But who in DICE actually OK'd that decision. Makes no sense does it even without the visibility issues.

The same person who thought that all their existing customers from BF3/4/1 would buy anything with the label Battlefield on it so they decided to try to focus on attracting an entirely different demographic that are mostly not even gamers or are different type of gamers
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1939 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    After studying the picture for some time, I think @LOLGotYerTags is probably right.

However, and assuming that that is indeed the killer, for him to be in a relatively open position, I would more than likely have missed him too.

But hey, it was all your fault because:

You sit to close.
    You sit to far away.
    You're settings are wrong.
    You have no situational awareness.
    You are blind.
    You need to git gud.

*Select all that apply

Hey I get it! This has got to be sarcasm! Please tell me I'm right. Otherwise I'll be really bummed out.
  • Trokey66
    7951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, that was indeed, sarcasm ;)
  • CaptHotah
    1026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Found him.

DJmTat5.jpg

Good job.
    Took me a while tbh
    1fEfeTG.jpg

Thats was a downed friendly.

• CaptHotah
    1026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    DavTan wrote: »
    I like the way your using all that cover op, you're certainly not standing out like a sore thumb.

That flag was ours and swarming with friendlies, i had no reason to take cover.
    i can't understand people complaining about being killed by a camper. If he kill you once, shame on him, if he kill you twice, shame on u.

I didnt called him a camper. Maybe the guy had 5hp left, we all would have done the same.
    The problem is distinguishing the grey german uniforms on the grey rocky background.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell is probably one of the worst maps when it comes to infantry visibility. I usually just rely on tracers and the minimap unless I catch them at close quarters.

No it's not, Germans on devistation is the hardest to spot

Fjell, Devastation, and Hamada all fall victim to this.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And Tags ftw. Three responses and it's found.

#Invisible
  • olavafar
    1920 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do not even see him when circled. The only 'human' form I noticed was the one up to the right below the kill log (not the one squared but even more to the right and up) but that looks like a corpse to me. Being color blind I'm quite used to not seeing enemies though, so all you whiners; welcome to my world, this is how BF has always been for me ;).
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How do you post videos from your Xbox DVR?
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How do you post videos from your Xbox DVR?

xboxdvr.com
  • SovereignGS
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    DavTan wrote: »
    I like the way your using all that cover op, you're certainly not standing out like a sore thumb.

That flag was ours and swarming with friendlies, i had no reason to take cover.

I didnt called him a camper. Maybe the guy had 5hp left, we all would have done the same.
    The problem is distinguishing the grey german uniforms on the grey rocky background.

Look at the rocks how shiny they are from the sun, and then zoom in and look at the lighting on his uniform. The lighting on the left side of his uniform is so intense it is actually reflecting from the direction of the light source (sun) just like the rock textures. The result is that this brighter part of his model contrasts with the dark parts of his uniform making him look just like the rocks. For comparison, look how light is diffused on soldier models in BF4: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Battlefield-4-Operation-Locker-TDM.jpg
    I feel like something with the lighting engine and the way certain textures react to it is out of whack. Why is his uniform so reflective?
  • Trokey66
    7951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags out of interest, how long did it take you to find him?
  • danosta
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Visability is so bad in this game. Last night I got killed by a guy hiding in a corner in it moderately lit building from 5m away even after I checked that corner, wtf?