Bomber unnerf

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tony-yingc wrote: »
    A
    TheSacar wrote: »
    @TheSacar wrote
    You need the same MG and ammo to go after ground targets, whereas in the G6 you have the standard front MG with 300 rounds plus another 150 Minengeschoss rounds and you can switch between them when overheated
    Agree, but the G6 don't have rader which imo is a must if your dogfighting.

I can handle most pilots without the air radar - though having it is of course very advantageous. But - as I said - I will opt for the G2 when up against a skilled pilot. And the reason for that is mostly air radar.
    How is the 150 Minengeschoss compared to the G2 canon. Have not really used the G6.
    All aircraft should have the option of rader or rader should be removed. It is only a question what you sacrifice.
    The Spitfire and Me109 G2 really only have one option for upgrade tree. In fact, everyone. I can only think of the mosquito and the Stuka 1 that I change from time to time.
    Radar is very powerful in air combat. I think it will be more interesting to reduce the range or remove the radar.
    Remove the rader would be my first choice. Seem wierd with rader in a ww2 game. As far as I remember only the German had a modified ju88 with rader.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TheSacar wrote
    You need the same MG and ammo to go after ground targets, whereas in the G6 you have the standard front MG with 300 rounds plus another 150 Minengeschoss rounds and you can switch between them when overheated

I can handle most pilots without the air radar - though having it is of course very advantageous. But - as I said - I will opt for the G2 when up against a skilled pilot. And the reason for that is mostly air radar.
    How is the 150 Minengeschoss compared to the G2 canon. Have not really used the G6.
    All aircraft should have the option of rader or rader should be removed. It is only a question what you sacrifice.
    The Spitfire and Me109 G2 really only have one option for upgrade tree. In fact, everyone. I can only think of the mosquito and the Stuka 1 that I change from time to time.

An I have used the G2 very little in air to ground. :smile:
    I pick the G6 mostly because I find the main MG to be more effective in air to air than the main MG of the G2. And the Minengeschoss is pretty goof at air to ground combat. But at this point that may only be a question of habit. I have approximately 2000 kills in the G6 vs a whopping 130 in the G2 :wink:
    @Vinicarioca and @Tony-yingc I wonder why there are planes on some breakthough maps in the first place. Its the same with any mode that forces a lot of people into a confined area. They become stupidly easy to kill from the skies. Combine that with a lack of aerial defense and you get high bomber kill streaks even after the plane-nerf. In my opinion planes should not be available in these modes or at least only be available when the capture points are spread out enough so a single bombing run can't decimate the entire team.
  • Rok73
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I still see people making 40-50 kills a round with any bomber each day, so maybe you should just adapt. It's absolutely not necessary to change anything with the bombers.
  • Tony-yingc
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @TheSacar wrote

An I have used the G2 very little in air to ground. :smile:
    I pick the G6 mostly because I find the main MG to be more effective in air to air than the main MG of the G2. And the Minengeschoss is pretty goof at air to ground combat. But at this point that may only be a question of habit. I have approximately 2000 kills in the G6 vs a whopping 130 in the G2 :wink:
    @Vinicarioca and @Tony-yingc I wonder why there are planes on some breakthough maps in the first place. Its the same with any mode that forces a lot of people into a confined area. They become stupidly easy to kill from the skies. Combine that with a lack of aerial defense and you get high bomber kill streaks even after the plane-nerf. In my opinion planes should not be available in these modes or at least only be available when the capture points are spread out enough so a single bombing run can't decimate the entire team.
    @TheSacar
    Think of the bomber in Battlefield 1. In breakthrough mode, the main reason for bad game experience is unreasonable map design. One side has an airplane and the other does not. One side has a tank and the other side does not.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. They are are still too strong. I’ve even seen them chasing fighters.

Need to be slower and more vulnerable to anti air.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo planes slot should be fixed like in BF4. 1 bomber + 1 fighter.
    All maps where both teams go for bombers are terrible.
    And especially go and breakthrough should not have bombers, but only attack planes and fighters.
    It has always been a farming paradise for planes.

• zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the 'Waffenbehalter' should be passenger controlled + able to turn 360 degrees. For the rest it seems fine imho.
    Though stationary AA's could use a buff...
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    It just feels like JU-88 takes less hits because Spitfire's 8x.303 is so powerful. I'm not using VB variant but I'm sure it takes just as long to take down a JU-88 as it itakes BF 109 to take down a Blenheim. Although those .50 MGs aren't bad at all. You can take down a Blenheim pretty fast if you are right behind and wait till they start turning.

8x.303 MGs needs nerfing, everything else is fine imo except, I'd like more ammo back for the MGs on fighters and reload on the bombs/rockets is a bit long.

I disagree on the 8x.303 needing a nerf. Like I said before, i can take down a bomber with my G6 almost as quickly as with the VA. The VA doesn't have a secondary MG which, combined with the comparatively low ammo count, balances out the slightly quicker time to kill. You need the same MG and ammo to go after ground targets, whereas in the G6 you have the standard front MG with 300 rounds plus another 150 Minengeschoss rounds and you can switch between them when overheated. And by direct comparison, the G6 has rockets which can drop a huge fraction of any bomber's hit points when aimed well.
    My experience with the VB is almost entirely pre-patch, as I find it (and mostly the missiles) pointless after the patch and the G2 I only pick when up against a real menace of a pilot when air radar and better turning speed become necessary. Both of these I find take longer to kill bombers though.
    I don't have much experience flying bombers though. Can't stand the slow, sluggish things. Never could.

I think it does need a nerf. Either overheating faster or lower damage. The difference between VA's 8x.303 and any other MG on other fighters is that it has higher ROF and how those 8x.303 MGs are positioned which makes it a lot easier to hit while also has much lower TTK. On top of that you also have radar and maneuverability upgrade. Only G2 compares to that on the Axis side and unless you are perfectly positioned and the enemy pilot has no idea what he is doing, you have to switch between 2 MGs couple of times before you take him down.

You have time to react if BF 109 surprises you. If VA does it, you are dead.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    at this moment i have with bombers 2.256 kills and playing them in breakthrough mode in twisteed steel and hamada, i think im a good pilot especially when i am engaged in dogfights with fighters, the thing is i avoid them most of the times fly low try to confuse them and most of the times they crash trying to chace me in low altitudes, the reload time is perfect i know where the aa are and most of the times i kill them, also a lot of times we have won on defending in hamada because of the bombing time in crucial objectives in time, i dont farm kills in spawns etc i only play the objective. the sad thing is some times i switch to back gunner that i have put the specialazation for better machine guns and kill fighters without a squadate in my bomber. i say its sad cause the fighters supposed to be better than my bomber but again i can get it some pilots are not that good, BUT some fighter pilots are too good with fighters and flank me too good and kill me, i never bail out cause its cowardish they earned their kill and i will never jump off my plane.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The AA guns are a joke. I've tested it myself on numerous occasions. Once the bomber comes into range of the AA gun, it shoots too slow/doesn't deal enough damage to actually take the bomber down. Unless you are prepared to die, cos with the damage and reach of the AA, you'll take out the bomber about the time it's right above you.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My comment disappeared if a mod could help..
  • SirBobdk
    @IvanFireBlade wrote
    i never bail out cause its cowardish they earned their kill and i will never jump off my plane.
    Not if AA :smile: They never deserve the kill, hehe.
    But otherwise if I take the plane I die with the plane.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @IvanFireBlade wrote
    i never bail out cause its cowardish they earned their kill and i will never jump off my plane.

lol i agree and i vote up
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @IvanFireBlade wrote
    I have twice crashed a fighter on the face of a stationary AA user
  • S0ckenSchuss
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My JU88 has upgraded heavy gunner mgs. I am well able to take a spitfire down until it passes me. So no need to change anything. what could be changed is reaload time of bombs/rocktes (25% or 50% faster maybe) and reducing the range of Ground AA. And of course find a possibility to make AA base camping imposible anymore.

Spit VA is a hell of a plane, sure it is. but every other fighter, Vb, 109G2 and G6 need years to take down a bomber effectively. 109s, even stukas, also have the problem that the blenheim turret can be rotated to the front. so u still can hit them what in JU88 is not possible but not necessary with heavy turret mgs.

the spit VA overheats really fast, but at leas its enough to bring down a JU88 in one turn. maybe firing rate should be reduced a bit, but i prefer not to nerf the VA, i prefer to raise the other planes to the level of a VA ;)
  • BigAulTitties
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ju-88 bomber has been made completely useless and everything that counters it has been made to strong

All fighter planes need to be nerfed massively. And the mosquito planes as well

The defense of the plane, and the damage of the front guns on all fighter planes needs to be heavily reduced to balance for the nerfing done to the JU -88 bomber

The bombing community is suffering from the unfair abuse done to its planes.

Any fighter plane or any plane for that matter can take down the JU-88 bomber with complete ease. With little defense and terrible rear guns, we are like fish in a barrel

The spitfires defense and front gun damage need to be severely reduced.
    As they are way to powerful and impossible to stop with the rear guns of a ju-88

And the JU-88 bomber needs to have a huge bump in rear gun damage and a huge bump in overall defense so that one sweep from a plane doesn’t devastate us

AA guns shoot entirely to far. It’s impossible to escape.

Please dice and EA. Unnerf the bombers

Or at least give us way more defense and much stronger rear guns.

And drop all other planes defense and front gun damage to compensate for how weak you have made the JU -88

Also either give us back the 32 40ks and the 1000kg together

Or get rid of the waiting to reload crap.

You didn’t have to severely reduce our bombing capabilities and slow down the rate at witch we can drop another pay load. Just do one or the other

Taking away half of our payload. Our ability to drop 1000kg and 40kgs, and increasing the spread of our drops has made it miserable for the ju-88 community

Please give us a reason to continue playing your game. This nerf of the ju-88 and the power and defense of all other planes is a deal breaker. It has taken all the fun and joy out of the Game. And we have had enough

Don’t be salty because fighters are killing you. Fighter planes most definitely don’t need a nerf, they are terrible (mostly German fighters).

The ju88 DOES need a buff, but to say fighters need nerfed is ridiculous and sounds petty.

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My opinion is: vehicles are in BF to help the team to push/defend an objective and should be able to do so, they should be able to make a difference.

I do have rounds with a bomber (even with the Blentheim) with scores like 50-1, but that is only possible in Breakthrough on the attacking side and all defenders keeping and defending flags for a very long time with all they got and nobody capable trying to take me down, so in perfect scenarios.

And even then, my team needs to spot and suppress enemies so I can see and bomb them.

It took some serious practice and time (to specialize) to be able to make those kills, bombers are a lot harder to fly than in BF1. (to be honest, nothing wrong with that)

The problem is when the scenario is NOT perfect ... in those scenarios the bomber is "useless" and can't help the team ...

Enemies are very hard to spot, objective areas too big for the small damage area a bomber can cover with a bombing run and the bombs do too little damage.

I think the JU88 needs a small buff in damage area and the Blenthem a little bigger buff.
    Also reload time needs to be around 25% shorter to be able to push the objective and giving your attacking team cover.

And infantry visibility is an overall problem, not just a plane problem.

When playing with my Platoon, I just let one of my teammates do an area/spotting scope/suppress spot where he wants the bombs.
    I bomb and they move in right after that.
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why didn't they do lateral stats for vehicles? I know historically speaking it makes more sense the way they did it, but this just makes game balance really difficult. Why is one plane super OP at one thing and then the other is better at different things right from the get-go. Then once you upgrade one plane gets an even bigger advantage over the other planes? Why did DICE do this?
  • S0ckenSchuss
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why didn't they do lateral stats for vehicles? I know historically speaking it makes more sense the way they did it, but this just makes game balance really difficult. Why is one plane super OP at one thing and then the other is better at different things right from the get-go. Then once you upgrade one plane gets an even bigger advantage over the other planes? Why did DICE do this?

Thats for personal dadvantage. Players who DO flying and like it, have the chance to level up their planes. Someone who doesnt fly much does not have a leveled plane. The players in tanks do the same. You maybe read about the "weakest tank is the tiger" and stuff but its the same here. level up your tiger, and it will be way better then unleveld. and so it is going. even with aevery primary weapon.

You can level up ysour favorurites (of course you need experience and Coins to do so) or you are a collector and just want to level up everything of your favoruite class or whatever.

I have all my planes on level 4 with full loadout. Because i primary fly. I have my flakpanzer at level 4 and my MG42 at 4 with 100% more damage to planes. so if i cant fly, i can be a hell of an AA to clear "my sky" ;)

thats the way i prefer to play. (if map makes it possible of course)

I dont drive much tanks. so i jsut have the british big tank (doesnt even know the name :D ) and the tiger on lvl 4 - never driven the smaller tanks.

its all about to test and find the best playstyle for every player. because everyone likes something different.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bombers are fine they dont need a boost.