This game is becoming too campy its not very fun at times.

Comments

• Vycinas2
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I hate it, they might as well add 3d spotting. The generation of gamers these days are awful, sit and camp. I play Dom mostly to avoid those said campers, but in the last 2 weeks majority of servers got flooded with this camping plague, recons doing their pew pew across the map praying to gods to land that lucky shot or 2, assaults with ribeyrolls having a date night with supports, and thats about it there is very little action on the flags and if there is it doesnt last more than 30 seconds.

What happened to BF4 style Dom ? I am not saying it was perfect but small maps, plenty of cover and tons of action very few morons who liked to camp.

I dont mind tactical camping, thats part of the strategy but I am talking about those who can and will sit in one single spot throughout entire game and comes back to the same spot after dying.
  • mrtwotimes
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know. However, I can tell you there is camping in every shooter game I have ever played. It is not a game mechanic but a player method. All I have seen since playing BF V are people zipping from flag to flag.
  • Ascend_Wrex
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFV 10/10

• full951
    2117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    people camp. it sucks. I don't know what's so hard about pushing up on the objective. especially when you look around and see 10 team mates and no one moves
  • Hawxxeye
    4127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    people camp. it sucks. I don't know what's so hard about pushing up on the objective. especially when you look around and see 10 team mates and no one moves
    the 2 most popular classes lack smoke grenades
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

I dislike smoke grenades. When I push an objective I'd rather be visible and able to see myself, than run through smoke and be unable to see that shotgun wielding dude on the other side of the smoke screen.
    People have always camped in this series. And they would continue to camp with 3d spotting. With some forethought, strategy and tactics you can get around most campers easily and the rest shouldn't be a huge problem if you have a decent squad.
  • Hawxxeye
    4127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

I dislike smoke grenades. When I push an objective I'd rather be visible and able to see myself, than run through smoke and be unable to see that shotgun wielding dude on the other side of the smoke screen.
    People have always camped in this series. And they would continue to camp with 3d spotting. With some forethought, strategy and tactics you can get around most campers easily and the rest shouldn't be a huge problem if you have a decent squad.
    I think I have already shown in my recent videos how effective is staying prone on a good spot and waiting for enemies to try to come to your firing lane.
    This type of ecosystem requires a way to visually obstruct all these guys waiting for free kills.

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

I think I have already shown in my recent videos how effective is staying prone on a good spot and waiting for enemies to try to come to your firing lane.
    This type of ecosystem requires a way to visually obstruct all these guys waiting for free kills.

I doubt that a smoke grenade would really help against prone MMGs like you were with your VGO.
    I am not saying that smoke grenades should exist, I just think that they shouldn't be given to any more classes. I already get annoyed by the smoke spam sometimes and giving smoke grenades to assaults would make that worse. I like to play the objectives as a sniper, which isn't easy. But when there is smoke on an objective, I will no longer move to the objective until it clears. All other classes can just spray into the smoke, but with a bolt action rifle you are really screwed if you can't see the enemy.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game promotes camping, don't blame the campers. I have fallen back in to a campy play-style when in previous games my play-style was aggressive all out capture and run around. Running round like a headless chicken in this game is going to get you killed and very fast.

Poor visibility
    TTK speed & TTK bug
    Glitch prone on MMG's
    Reinforcements
    Prone on backside in corners - counts as prone

amongst other things.

• KingRofty
    413 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Played a game of Conquest on Devastation, and there were MG-34 campers in all the corners. It just sucks out the enjoyment of the game for me.

Maybe Dice can implement a rule that if you're bipoded for more than a minute, you automatically become spotted on the mini map. I know they can just get up and go prone again, but at least I've got an idea where the loser is camping then.
  • Hawxxeye
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Played a game of Conquest on Devastation, and there were MG-34 campers in all the corners. It just sucks out the enjoyment of the game for me.

Maybe Dice can implement a rule that if you're bipoded for more than a minute, you automatically become spotted on the mini map. I know they can just get up and go prone again, but at least I've got an idea where the loser is camping then.

that is why we need proper flares
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I would so run aggro scout with SLRs if the flare was anywhere near the BF1 equivalent.
  • Hawxxeye

I would so run aggro scout with SLRs if the flare was anywhere near the BF1 equivalent.

This is what I was doing in BF1 as well. I disliked scout due to it being bad in close r ranges, but for the sake of the team winning I was playing the class in order to help the team find enemies with the flares.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ITT: people conflating an unpreventable player behavior issue (that is present in every fps game to exist) with a game design issue.

Also ITT: People dialing thier rose-tinted glasses to 10 and acting like past BF games didn't have a camping "issue" despite there being incessant complaining about campers and camping in all past games and countless forum threads over the past near decade to support that fact.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 11
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    ITT: people conflating an unpreventable player behavior issue (that is present in every fps game to exist) with a game design issue.

Also ITT: People dialing thier rose-tinted glasses to 10 and acting like past BF games didn't have a camping "issue" despite there being incessant complaining about campers and camping in all past games and countless forum threads over the past near decade to support that fact.

in BF3 when I aimed a mortar at a known camper at some roof etc it was sure to hit them no matter the elevation. It was pretty satisfying.

in BF4 we had the xm25 and the ucav later to hit the snakes at their nests.

In BF1 we had the sadly abusable grenade spam for the same purposes.

In BFV we mostly have the V1 once per round per squad.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »
    So basically at this point in the games life cycle this game has turned into a camp fest. It can be very unenjoyable to be part of this on both ends. On one side your entire team will camp off point to scared to move and this constant headglitching thru the environment sucks to get killed by some guy you can't even see. How long do you guys think this current meta can last?

Remove useless snipers from the game - profit. But devs never will do it, so its just wet dreams....
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

in BF3 when I aimed a mortar at a known camper at some roof etc it was sure to hit them no matter the elevation. It was pretty satisfying.

in BF4 we had the xm25 and the ucav later to hit the snakes at their nests.

In BF1 we had the sadly abusable grenade spam for the same purposes.

In BFV we mostly have the V1 once per round per squad.

Having various, random tools to (very situationally) take out random campers in any given game doesn't negate the fact that camping is a player behavior issue, not a game issue, and it happens in every fps game regardless of player count or scale - nor does it negate that the community has proclaimed camping as an issue in every BF game AT LEAST since BF3 (as far as THIS community is concerned, as an official, widely-used forum for BF didn't exist til the BL forums were introduced during BF3), in spite of the fact that games from that era are touted around as the best in the franchise.

People need to step back and realize that camping isn't a BF5 problem. It's player behavior that has been present and prominent in every BF title to date, let alone every shooter in general. I don't get this delusional viewpoint coming from many in the community who insist older BF titles had 64 people running around like Rambo and camping was a non-issue. There are countless threads from multiple BF titles from BC2 to BF1 incessantly complaining about how prominent camping playstyle were.

It's ridiculous, IMHO, to insist BF5 has it worse, especially when an equal portion of the community insists that the gunplay is too fast and has turned BF into CoD where everyone runs around like mindless chickens.

I personally feel the "issue" with campers is being blown way out of proportion - and I wouldn't be surprised, aside from exaggerating how many campers they see during any given match, if people on this forum get killed by, say, a guy who stopped to check a lane or glance at an obj they were on, and accuse the guy of camping.

I wouldn't put it past many on these boards to get killed by a guy in a window who may have JUST got there, and claim the guy was camping.

I've already seen plenty of threads where people complain about campers in Operations or Frontlines, when half of that game mode is DESIGNED for camping (or the playstyle that is called "camping").
  • KingRofty
    413 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Well, BF V has the ultimate camping tools, like the MG-34 & MG-42....its play style PROMOTES camping, so I would say you just wasted a lot of time and words.

PS : Don't let me catch you on a bipod. :wink:
  • Loqtrall
    Well, BF V has the ultimate camping tools, like the MG-34 & MG-42....its play style PROMOTES camping, so I would say you just wasted a lot of time and words.

PS : Don't let me catch you on a bipod. :wink:

By that logic any mgs with bipods would promote camping, and every BF game has featured them to some extent. It's almost as if huge machine guns were designed to be used in a mounted fashion.
  • cylon0
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's definitely a place for camping in BF as there is in warfare in general. How do you set up defense of an objective without camping it? Find a good spot with good visibility and wait for the enemy attack. It's a basic tactic for defense.

On the other hand, there are many ways to deal with campers if they're not on your team. Use smoke to approach a heavily defended (or "camped") objective. Use smoke to block the camper's view. You just don't see enough people using smoke in this game.

My favorite way to attack the camper is by dropping an impact grenade on a camper's head. I also like a flank ending in a pick ax or shovel to the back of a camper.

It's just a part of the game. It's only bad when you're stuck on a team of campers not playing the objective. I notice this a lot more when the daily assignment has something to do with recon (e.g. Damage enemies for 200 with AP mines as scout) because the assignment encourages sitting and waiting.