We need more Dice splainin'

2

Comments

  • RabbidWallaby
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Nesodos wrote: »
    Big bad DICE. tsk tsk tsk.

    But seriously can people just wait to see if patch fixes these things before posting all this garbldy goop.

    No... Because these whiney, complainy, bumps on a log would quite literally have nothing else to do in life, silly.

    Found the DICE fanboys

    So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

    The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

    Don’t you know? If you don’t write crythreads or throw temper tantrums, then you are a fanboy.

    Also, if you play support, then you are a camper.

    Disagree, of course not a big fan of MMG's. Most of you need to look at these things from a standpoint of someone who dealt with by the book engineers. Looks good on paper, but doesn't really work that well in real world applications. Take MMG's, we have fortifications at points and using them to defend said point would be just like in the movies, in truth Joe shmoe grabs fully specced MMG, finds hard to get to hidey hole and lays waste to everything crossing his sightline. To me it's just more proof that these people making the games today do not actually play them. Just like engineers. Before it starts, not all engineers are like this, but most are, and no engineers were harmed in the making of this post.
  • EvilGoat_51
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fix will be incoming at the same time with the ability to purchase company coin for real money, coincidence? Wouldn't have wanted people to have that stuff stockpiled when they want the ability to make money off it would you?

    The currency you can purchase is "Battlefield Coin" IIRC. It's only used for cosmetics.
  • Loki_Deezie
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    Most of us who are "Whiney complainy bumps on a log" like the game... in fact some of us so love this franchise that we bought this game despite our misgivings about the announcement and follow ups to launch... that we've stuck with it despite the miscommunication and missteps and the bugs that are so completely infuriating. These are real issues... and we have an absolute freaking right as consumers of this product to call out the service providers for their inferior release compared with previous releases. (No others have not been perfect Bf4 comes to mind... but BFV is starting to be in a class by itself) Calling people out for voicing what their issues are with the game is childish... calling them "Whiney complainy bumps on a log" is childish... don't be surprised when they call those people back on cheerleading. Me? I guess I'm a proud WCBoaL. I understand your point in what you're trying to do with the positivity... please try to understand (or at least tolerate) those of us who feel that DICE isn't living up to what it could be .

    I know the people you are talking about but what I am talking about are the people who just make a post saying ''game is garbage" or the like. Those people bring nothing to the conversation.

    I am the last person to say this game is perfect or bug free, but the broken unplayable comments are just ridiculous. i understand that some don't like the animations, but some do. I like most of them but think some are over the top (ammo pickup).

    Remember, just because you think the game needs to be a certain way doesn't mean other do. Thats the big problem. Many just want changes to suit their own needs and not what better for the game as a whole.
  • RabbidWallaby
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fix will be incoming at the same time with the ability to purchase company coin for real money, coincidence? Wouldn't have wanted people to have that stuff stockpiled when they want the ability to make money off it would you?

    The currency you can purchase is "Battlefield Coin" IIRC. It's only used for cosmetics.

    The very same cosmetics that you can also use "Company Coin" on. Why would they want all of you to have a stockpile of it when they release any new cosmetics.
  • TEKNOCODE
    9876 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Nesodos wrote: »
    Big bad DICE. tsk tsk tsk.

    But seriously can people just wait to see if patch fixes these things before posting all this garbldy goop.

    No... Because these whiney, complainy, bumps on a log would quite literally have nothing else to do in life, silly.

    Found the DICE fanboys

    So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

    The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

    Don’t you know? If you don’t write crythreads or throw temper tantrums, then you are a fanboy.

    Also, if you play support, then you are a camper.

    Disagree, of course not a big fan of MMG's. Most of you need to look at these things from a standpoint of someone who dealt with by the book engineers. Looks good on paper, but doesn't really work that well in real world applications. Take MMG's, we have fortifications at points and using them to defend said point would be just like in the movies, in truth Joe shmoe grabs fully specced MMG, finds hard to get to hidey hole and lays waste to everything crossing his sightline. To me it's just more proof that these people making the games today do not actually play them. Just like engineers. Before it starts, not all engineers are like this, but most are, and no engineers were harmed in the making of this post.

    That was sarcasm. 😉

    Some folks on this forum have said anyone that uses an lmg/mmg is a camper.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    Most of us who are "Whiney complainy bumps on a log" like the game... in fact some of us so love this franchise that we bought this game despite our misgivings about the announcement and follow ups to launch... that we've stuck with it despite the miscommunication and missteps and the bugs that are so completely infuriating. These are real issues... and we have an absolute freaking right as consumers of this product to call out the service providers for their inferior release compared with previous releases. (No others have not been perfect Bf4 comes to mind... but BFV is starting to be in a class by itself) Calling people out for voicing what their issues are with the game is childish... calling them "Whiney complainy bumps on a log" is childish... don't be surprised when they call those people back on cheerleading. Me? I guess I'm a proud WCBoaL. I understand your point in what you're trying to do with the positivity... please try to understand (or at least tolerate) those of us who feel that DICE isn't living up to what it could be .

    I have played every Battlefield title released in the past 16 years. I pre ordered Battlefield V and I am enjoying the heck out of it, bugs and all. I also have grievances with the game, but I express my concerns like an adult..... Not like a 12 year old entitled brat. I mean you have to see just how rediculous some of these people are acting.... Don't you? It's one thing to raise a concern in an intelligent manner like a adult, and a whole nother thing to do the same acting like a freaking tard. I see no reason not to treat people like children, who act like children. Sorry, but thats just the way it is.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I posted a respectful reply to my original post, but for some reason it got deleted...? Mods, what's up?
  • EvilGoat_51
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fix will be incoming at the same time with the ability to purchase company coin for real money, coincidence? Wouldn't have wanted people to have that stuff stockpiled when they want the ability to make money off it would you?

    The currency you can purchase is "Battlefield Coin" IIRC. It's only used for cosmetics.

    The very same cosmetics that you can also use "Company Coin" on. Why would they want all of you to have a stockpile of it when they release any new cosmetics.

    I was assuming you were implying that they created a shortage of CC to force players to buy it for weapon/vehicle upgrades. Just wanted to clarify the situation.
  • ragnarok013
    1456 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Dial back the vitriol directed towards one another or this thread is getting closed.
    
    
  • XxmOss72xX
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

    I have played every Battlefield title released in the past 16 years. I pre ordered Battlefield V and I am enjoying the heck out of it, bugs and all. I also have grievances with the game, but I express my concerns like an adult..... Not like a 12 year old entitled brat. I mean you have to see just how rediculous some of these people are acting.... Don't you? It's one thing to raise a concern in an intelligent manner like a adult, and a whole nother thing to do the same acting like a freaking tard. I see no reason not to treat people like children, who act like children. Sorry, but thats just the way it is.

    Define "ridiculous" and "intelligent"... what I mean by that is somethings that I've seen people be berated over have been a perfectly reasonable response to what is an inferior offering. Calling people "freaking tard's" because you don't agree with their criticism is just as bad. Many of us are old school BF vets... and some of us are tired that DICE can't (or won't) fix a lot of the legacy issues then we get more piled on.

    I think the sheer number of dissenting voices (or better yet the drop in EA stock) would cause EA/DICE to get their game together... but to hear from you and others... one would believe that we're just a bunch of ridiculous whiney unintelligent bumps on logs who act like frikken tards.... Seems to me that this viewpoint caused the whole debacle to begin with.... Patrick S.' interview comes to mind.



  • Nesodos
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

    The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

    Fanboys as in going around the forums telling everyone their complaints aren't valid and the game was released in a state that doesn't look like a beta build
  • Loki_Deezie
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nesodos wrote: »
    So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

    The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

    Fanboys as in going around the forums telling everyone their complaints aren't valid and the game was released in a state that doesn't look like a beta build

    Got it. But I have been called a fan boy many times when I have many complaints about the game. The difference is I don't go around over exaggerating everything in the game like some do. So I try to explain that, yes there are issues and bugs that are annoying and frustrating. But to say the game is broken/unplayable/garbage is not even close to true.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nesodos wrote: »
    So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

    The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

    Fanboys as in going around the forums telling everyone their complaints aren't valid and the game was released in a state that doesn't look like a beta build

    Got it. But I have been called a fan boy many times when I have many complaints about the game. The difference is I don't go around over exaggerating everything in the game like some do. So I try to explain that, yes there are issues and bugs that are annoying and frustrating. But to say the game is broken/unplayable/garbage is not even close to true.

    My bad, it's great! Some sarcasm there, but trying to be reasonable - and still waiting for my post to show up. It may be because I edited it, and that causes some glitches, and not something done to quiet a dissenting opinion.
  • thebossman2202
    255 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Nesodos wrote: »
    Big bad DICE. tsk tsk tsk.

    But seriously can people just wait to see if patch fixes these things before posting all this garbldy goop.

    No... Because these whiney, complainy, bumps on a log would quite literally have nothing else to do in life, silly.

    Found the DICE fanboys

    So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

    The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

    Don’t you know? If you don’t write crythreads or throw temper tantrums, then you are a fanboy.

    Also, if you play support, then you are a camper.

    Wait Im a camper now???? Dang nabbit
  • m1k3ol
    764 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nesodos wrote: »
    So people that like the game are fanboys? I guess anyone that likes a game is a fanboy now.

    The games has bugs and issues no one is denying that but calling someone a fanboy because they like a game is childish

    Fanboys as in going around the forums telling everyone their complaints aren't valid and the game was released in a state that doesn't look like a beta build

    Got it. But I have been called a fan boy many times when I have many complaints about the game. The difference is I don't go around over exaggerating everything in the game like some do. So I try to explain that, yes there are issues and bugs that are annoying and frustrating. But to say the game is broken/unplayable/garbage is not even close to true.

    My bad, it's great! Some sarcasm there, but trying to be reasonable - and still waiting for my post to show up. It may be because I edited it, and that causes some glitches, and not something done to quiet a dissenting opinion.

    nope, all opinions are welcome, no matter if it's to disagree, as long as it doesn't breaks the rules

    and yes, some posts end up in the spam queue, but show up later
  • RabbidWallaby
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dial back the vitriol directed towards one another or this thread is getting closed.
    
    

    Vitriol=cruel and bitter criticism. We're gamers here, lets try to use appropriate language, lol.
  • Loqtrall
    11597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Just commenting to say how ironic it is you'd complain about dices lack of communication toward the topic of CC fixes the day before DICE writes a letter to the community outlining what they plan to do with cc and fixes that are coming.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice must have spent all of our company coin on "influencers" for all of the positivity on this forum. Thanks for all the hard work guys, without your constant defending of Dice, I would be pissed about my 300 coins a day.

    Easy interim fix for Dice, change the daily awards to 3000 a day so we can spec out our substandard equipment in this online shooter. I have not bought a single Barbie doll dress item and I am out of coin.

    Honestly, if company coin is not pay-to-win with weapon/equipment upgrades, what does it matter?

    You sound like the stupid people that act like you can't support law enforcement and be agianst police brutality at the same time. Im a pretty vocal defender of bf5 when the thread is just being unreasonable or flat out dramatic, but I also criticise the game because it does have problems. I personally love the gameplay and believe it has a solid foundation that needs to be worked on.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My reply to Bossman - it just popped up on the first page - bumping it here:

    Yes, I think it is too late for this game, maybe it will be removed from BF6 when I buy it for half price two weeks after release (fool me once).

    What was wrong with the BF3/4 weapon progression? Why do you think that they changed the upgrade system?

    Are you a level 50?

    Why do think 1-3k is too much? Honestly, why? Dice messed up the progression system, not me - why is 500 or 1000 too much for you?

    Yes, I consider my gaming time, attention, and continued financial support to be "precious" - does Dice?

    Why are you defending Dice, are they giving you the company coins that they owe me? Does Dice-Knighting pay well?

    I like to play conquest, not team death match, there are much better platforms for that (and for BR). Please let me grind a gun/tank/plane with kills, just like the good old days. If that is not possible, provide an interim fix that literally require changing a single digit - add a "0" to the daily awards until it is fixed.

    Dice defenders get bent from all of the complaining, call for constructive criticism - and when a simple to implement solution is suggested, it is rejected and mocked with a "precious" comment.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice must have spent all of our company coin on "influencers" for all of the positivity on this forum. Thanks for all the hard work guys, without your constant defending of Dice, I would be pissed about my 300 coins a day.

    Easy interim fix for Dice, change the daily awards to 3000 a day so we can spec out our substandard equipment in this online shooter. I have not bought a single Barbie doll dress item and I am out of coin.

    Honestly, if company coin is not pay-to-win with weapon/equipment upgrades, what does it matter?

    You sound like the stupid people that act like you can't support law enforcement and be agianst police brutality at the same time. Im a pretty vocal defender of bf5 when the thread is just being unreasonable or flat out dramatic, but I also criticise the game because it does have problems. I personally love the gameplay and believe it has a solid foundation that needs to be worked on.

    Nice comparison, really nice... Thanks for calling me "stupid" for complaining about a known bug when offering a simple solution, and thanks for also saying that the complaining about unarmed shootings by the police is also "stupid".

    I would be hard pressed to come up with a more dissimilar comparison.

    Classic.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!