Kills in Capture Areas...

2»

Comments

• Kongo030
    605 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In short too repetitive and most of the later ones going against PTFO....in BF1 for the weapon unlocks everything was tracked at once as well.
  • StgGorman
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any rational reason not to do the assignments you dont like? and if you go for the assigment, then its just an exceptional case?
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @0Anesthetic4u
    One warning

Stop swearing and please use a less offensive term for your disappointment.

Tell that to his parents.
  • Kongo030
    StgGorman wrote: »
    Any rational reason not to do the assignments you dont like? and if you go for the assigment, then its just an exceptional case?

Number one reason: There's no other content or things to unlock.
    Number two reason: You know there's this carrot on the stick and although you don't like vegetables you want it just because it's hanging in front of your face.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Personally, i don't see why one couldn't both ptfo and try to get headshots, objective kills, bipod kills, etc.

The problem is that 1 you spend so little of the time in the Objective area if you are playing correctly that you will only get fleeting opportunities to get the kills you need.

Kills that often require you to do something stupid, like hipfire only, bipod only, headshot only. So 1 you will die alot, and 2 it will hamper your ability to get the kills you are looking for.

And 2 it incentivizes you to behave wrong with objectives.

Oh hey, I can see a guy in the objective, but I'm not there yet, I will wait to shoot him in the head, until I enter the capture area, giving him SIGNIFICANTLY more time to cotton on to my position, and shoot me.

Or you end up trying to camp an objective for significant periods.

Hell some times if it says "While Attacking an Objective" I will intentionally let the enemy take the base I'm defending so I can kill them when it belongs to them, and I am technically attacking.

I should not have an incentive to do that.

I don't understand why or how i would only spend "so little of the time in the objective area" if im playing "correctly"....... what is playing correctly? How would that not involve ptfo and how does ptfo not include being on objective points?

If you have a challenge for hipfire, headshot, bipod kills, etc, it only hampers you if you start only going for those types of kills. Just because you have an assignment for lets say hipfire kills, doesn't mean you should be straight forward and only going for hipfires until you complete. Obviously this will leave you trying to get hipfire kills at inopportune moments.

Nobody is forcing you to change your playstyle, or allow the enemy team to cap bases on purpose. Sounds like your just trying to rush through the assignment regardless of consequence. Of course you're having a bad time.

I find it funny that you think its battlefields fault that you stooped so low. I also find it hard to believe that you went even one full match of conquest, and the only way you could find an objective to attack was by waiting outside a friendly one and letting the enemy take it freely.

Its not the games fault that you chose to do crap things in pursuit of a challenge that just gives you a weapon camo. Just stop trying to rush through the challenges, i promise if you just leave it active, you will eventually complete it one lucky match, and you won't be frustrated because you're playing how you want.
  • trip1ex
    4561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These assignments are just like it went down in WW2.
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 13
    I don't understand why or how i would only spend "so little of the time in the objective area" if im playing "correctly"....... what is playing correctly? How would that not involve ptfo and how does ptfo not include being on objective points?

If you have a challenge for hipfire, headshot, bipod kills, etc, it only hampers you if you start only going for those types of kills. Just because you have an assignment for lets say hipfire kills, doesn't mean you should be straight forward and only going for hipfires until you complete. Obviously this will leave you trying to get hipfire kills at inopportune moments.

Nobody is forcing you to change your playstyle, or allow the enemy team to cap bases on purpose. Sounds like your just trying to rush through the assignment regardless of consequence. Of course you're having a bad time.

I find it funny that you think its battlefields fault that you stooped so low. I also find it hard to believe that you went even one full match of conquest, and the only way you could find an objective to attack was by waiting outside a friendly one and letting the enemy take it freely.

Its not the games fault that you chose to do crap things in pursuit of a challenge that just gives you a weapon camo. Just stop trying to rush through the challenges, i promise if you just leave it active, you will eventually complete it one lucky match, and you won't be frustrated because you're playing how you want.

It is this games fault because it incentives me to do stupid things.

AND when playing right, you shouldn't be spending most of your time in objective, but on your way to an objective.

Attacking an objective from within is a pretty bad Idea, because it can give your opponent clues as to where you are, and tip them off that you are there in the first place, so when attacking an objective you should do as much killing as possible from outside the objective before you enter.

And don't twist my words here. You of course should not remain outside the objective after first beginning your assault on it for significant period of time, just hopefully long enough to do some real damage, and before the enemy would have a chance at reinforcements.

And if you are capturing the correct objectives, the odds that the enemy will be able to re-acquire them in a short period are next to non existent, so if you are capturing the correct objectives, you should be Immediately moving on to other objectives as soon as you succeed.

It wouldn't be a problem were the Assignments asking us to get a specific number of kills over a period of time.

But if you have to get 20 hipfire kills in an objective area in one match, and you get 19 then you might as well have not tried that match, because you are no closer to getting the assignment completed. Meaning, you often have to transition fully to camping an objective, and hipfiring, leading you to increased deaths as hipfiring is something you should NEVER do. Aimed fire is always more probable to hit the enemy.

So to do the assignments as is, you have to use a gun in a sub-optimal way, for significant periods of time, or risk perpetual failure in completing the task.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It is this games fault because it incentives me to do stupid things.

AND when playing right, you shouldn't be spending most of your time in objective, but on your way to an objective.

Attacking an objective from within is a pretty bad Idea, because it can give your opponent clues as to where you are, and tip them off that you are there in the first place, so when attacking an objective you should do as much killing as possible from outside the objective before you enter.

And don't twist my words here. You of course should not remain outside the objective after first beginning your assault on it for significant period of time, just hopefully long enough to do some real damage, and before the enemy would have a chance at reinforcements.

And if you are capturing the correct objectives, the odds that the enemy will be able to re-acquire them in a short period are next to non existent, so if you are capturing the correct objectives, you should be Immediately moving on to other objectives as soon as you succeed.

It wouldn't be a problem were the Assignments asking us to get a specific number of kills over a period of time.

But if you have to get 20 hipfire kills in an objective area in one match, and you get 19 then you might as well have not tried that match, because you are no closer to getting the assignment completed. Meaning, you often have to transition fully to camping an objective, and hipfiring, leading you to increased deaths as hipfiring is something you should NEVER do. Aimed fire is always more probable to hit the enemy.

So to do the assignments as is, you have to use a gun in a sub-optimal way, for significant periods of time, or risk perpetual failure in completing the task.

If you are spending most of your time "on your way to an objective", how are you "playing right"? Sounds like you just spend 30 minutes playing a ww2 marathon running simulator. Far more helpful to your team if you just choose 2-3 points and only focus on those the whole match.

This way you cut down on useless travel time and spend more time defending points or occupying contested ones.

And what's wrong with actually defending a flag every once in a while? Can't tell you how many times ive been on a flag we just captured , with enemies still contesting it, and my teamates all just start rushing for the next flag. Teams lose flags due to poor defense on their part.

And how is hipfiring something you should "NEVER" do? The hipfire accuracy on some of the smgs is amazing, it would be a waste not to utilize it at times. But of course, i go back to my previous point, nobody is telling you to go for hipfire kills only. If you think hipfiring at a particular enemy will get you killed, don't do it...

Like i said, just stop trying to rush through it so straight forward. Its a mastery challenge anyway, maybe you're just not on that level yet, just give it time. I mean, why frustrate yourself over a weapon camo.
  • stabbinhobo
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agree the assignments are horrible.. nearly all the last assignments are universally horrible. I mean who does not want to run around looking like some 3rd world dictator in a WW2 sim?

hwd9jl.jpg

Says a lot about you... what it says I'll leave up to you. ;)

My advise.. don't do the assignments. They make the game less fun IMHO for you and anyone stuck on your team while trying to get 20 headshot kills while your team gets rolled because 1/2 of your team is trying to get their gold bling as well. I simply stopped giving a hoot. Gold bling is nice.. but my all blue/green weapons kill just as fast and I don't need to exit the game to update assignments EVER.
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you are spending most of your time "on your way to an objective", how are you "playing right"? Sounds like you just spend 30 minutes playing a ww2 marathon running simulator. Far more helpful to your team if you just choose 2-3 points and only focus on those the whole match.

This way you cut down on useless travel time and spend more time defending points or occupying contested ones.

And what's wrong with actually defending a flag every once in a while? Can't tell you how many times ive been on a flag we just captured , with enemies still contesting it, and my teamates all just start rushing for the next flag. Teams lose flags due to poor defense on their part.

And how is hipfiring something you should "NEVER" do? The hipfire accuracy on some of the smgs is amazing, it would be a waste not to utilize it at times. But of course, i go back to my previous point, nobody is telling you to go for hipfire kills only. If you think hipfiring at a particular enemy will get you killed, don't do it...

Like i said, just stop trying to rush through it so straight forward. Its a mastery challenge anyway, maybe you're just not on that level yet, just give it time. I mean, why frustrate yourself over a weapon camo.

You shouldn't be attacking objectives that the enemy have any real chance to take back. The whole point is locking the enemy out. You should only be attacking objectives that will remain relatively secure in the short term, so you can go attack other objectives, that will then make those already taken objectives even more secure, with the end goal of preventing the enemies from having the option to attack most bases because they have no foot hold.

Defending a flag is fine every now and again, but if you get 20 kills while defending one flag, you are camping that one flag and not doing much for your team ultimately. Flags can be relatively safe, with no one defending them, if you take all the spawn points with an easy path of egress.

Hipfiring on Submachine guns is Very good, but no matter what it is inherently less accurate then aimed fire. Hipfire should always be a transatory action. You see an enemy you start hipfirng, you start aiming at the same time, and you finish them off with aimed fire. Hipfiring will always miss more shots then aimed fire, provided you are actually aiming at you opponent correctly.

And don't try to skill shame me, I'm not some slouch who needs to get gud, and I must frustrate my self over a weapon camo, because I can only have 4 of them active at a time, and I actively have to chose which ones to go after.

Meaning that there are other potentially easier ones I could get, but would either have to leave the game to pursue, OR not have the ones I really want to complete active, and risk that by some fluke I actually complete the objective and not have the success recorded.

If all assignments were active when the criteria to unlock their progression were met that would be one thing. But as it is you have to activate them your selves, and then devote your self to their completion. Otherwise there is a titanic chance you won't complete them and activating them is pointless, and costing you other potential unlocks.

And considering once you hit level 50 and 20 in each of the classes like I did a while back, there is no further game progression then getting skins, it is of course something you are going to want to do.
  • Kongo030
    Defending an objective tasks are best done in Airborne on the defending team as the whole map counts as objective.
  • fakemon64

Defending a flag is fine every now and again, but if you get 20 kills while defending one flag, you are camping that one flag and not doing much for your team ultimately. Flags can be relatively safe, with no one defending them, if you take all the spawn points with an easy path of egress.

If you get 20 kills while defending a flag, you did way more for your team than anybody just rushing random flags did. The only reason why randomly rushing objectives even works, is because players rarely actually defend objectives. Its not even uncommon for a flag to be captured by 1-3 soldiers.

The ways i see it, if each flag had just one squad dedicated to defending it the whole match, while the left over squads attacked, winning would be inevitable.

And about that hipfire thing, the perk you get obviously isn't accuracy. But, you get to put bullets down range hopefully before the enemy gets a chance to ads and line you up. In cqb, hipfire is amazing and offers faster target acquisition. But of course, any thing outside of pure cqb range is risky for hipfiring.
  • 0Anesthetic4u

If you get 20 kills while defending a flag, you did way more for your team than anybody just rushing random flags did. The only reason why randomly rushing objectives even works, is because players rarely actually defend objectives. Its not even uncommon for a flag to be captured by 1-3 soldiers.

The ways i see it, if each flag had just one squad dedicated to defending it the whole match, while the left over squads attacked, winning would be inevitable.

And about that hipfire thing, the perk you get obviously isn't accuracy. But, you get to put bullets down range hopefully before the enemy gets a chance to ads and line you up. In cqb, hipfire is amazing and offers faster target acquisition. But of course, any thing outside of pure cqb range is risky for hipfiring.

I can cap 10 objectives in the time it will take 1 person to kill 20 enemies at one. No wait scratch that. I can Cap 38.

My record caps in one match. Squad had the best flag caps, with 48, of which I was about 4/5ths. We barely won... My team SUCKED.

Problem with the Idea of one squad per map, is that it relies on Blues to not be the dumbest people on Earth. That is a Losing gamble right there.

If I don't do all the work. We lose. Plain and simple.