Why is nobody else noticing this...

Comments

• AngryVyper
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Well, there is an indicator for crouched running. But maybe you miss it like the animation on other players. You hold your gun in a different position as when running or walking.

When you walk, the gun points forward in a position you can hipfire from.
    When you run, you hold it quite near to the body, with the gun pointing to the left upper corner of the screen, more or less.
    When you crouch run your gun it not as near to the body as while running and does not point upwards. It ist more or less in a position between running and walking, a bit different for each gun and the longer the gun the better you can see it.

Observe it and I bet you get used to recognize it.
  • Cropulus
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    Lol it doesn't make sense. Do people just not do it often? You can tell the difference between normal walking and running, we should be able to tell the difference between crouch walking and crouch sprinting.

I see it often, but not that often anymore. Honestly, you can’t even tell you’re crouched and I think people have just forgotten.

Yes they need a crouch indicator.

^This
    Why isn't the stance indicator in the single player mode not incorporated in the multi-player?

That is one hell of a good question. I'm constantly asking myself, "Am I still crouched?"

The lack of an indicator makes no sense, especially when one already exists in the campaign. FFS, it's even in the Practice Range!

You can see it really easy. Remember the times that you think you were holding your gun really funny? You are crouched :)

The indicator is already in the game, smack in the center of your screen without being obtrusive
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AngryVyper wrote: »
    Well, there is an indicator for crouched running. But maybe you miss it like the animation on other players. You hold your gun in a different position as when running or walking.

When you walk, the gun points forward in a position you can hipfire from.
    When you run, you hold it quite near to the body, with the gun pointing to the left upper corner of the screen, more or less.
    When you crouch run your gun it not as near to the body as while running and does not point upwards. It ist more or less in a position between running and walking, a bit different for each gun and the longer the gun the better you can see it.

Observe it and I bet you get used to recognize it.

That's the first thing I noticed too and have gotten used to it.

I still think there needs to be an indicator on the screen though
  • DavTan
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see it all the time with squad mates
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just stay crouched all the time. Especially after i compared the recoil of the automatic weapons, crouched is by far better.

So ... i run crouched all the time
  • Hawxxeye
    3801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    now I want a prone sprint too
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I said it before but no one seems to care. Have you seen one person actually crouch sprinting?

We all crouch sprint. But have you seen other people crouch sprinting? Because I haven't seen one person doing it. Produce one video showing someone else crouch sprinting and I'll eat my words.

I'm not talking about crouching, we've all seen others in the crouch position or crouch walking.

I know you may not think it's a big deal if the crouch sprint animation is missing but it is a big deal. You may think you're playing stealthy crouch sprinting on flags but the server side is showing to the enemy that you are sprinting normally. If the crouch sprint animation is indeed missing, it's a problem.

I have seen my shadow doing it...
  • ElliotLH
    5278 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Random squadmate does it briefly in this video at 0:19: https://xboxclips.com/ElliotCW/ba472b08-2d5a-4446-aa24-9480e5db20d0
  • oXGeminiXo
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is definitely noticeable if you are trying to snipe lol it looks like a humpback deion sanders primetiming it to the end zone 🤣🤣🤣
  • Kongo030
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

There is....well not exactly a sprint but go prone in a nice covered position adjust your position an inch and there you go sprinting out of your covered position automagically.... :)

• Hawxxeye
    3801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

There is....well not exactly a sprint but go prone in a nice covered position adjust your position an inch and there you go sprinting out of your covered position automagically.... :)

that is Chi torpedo from prone not prone sprint ;)

• EdwinSpangler
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I said it before but no one seems to care. Have you seen one person actually crouch sprinting?

We all crouch sprint. But have you seen other people crouch sprinting? Because I haven't seen one person doing it. Produce one video showing someone else crouch sprinting and I'll eat my words.

I'm not talking about crouching, we've all seen others in the crouch position or crouch walking.

I know you may not think it's a big deal if the crouch sprint animation is missing but it is a big deal. You may think you're playing stealthy crouch sprinting on flags but the server side is showing to the enemy that you are sprinting normally. If the crouch sprint animation is indeed missing, it's a problem.

Its surely there on my end.. So frequent that I think people dont realize they are doing it..
  • Kongo030
    506 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is mostly annoying when behind cover not knowing whether you're currently crouching or standing. You accidentally go prone then need to get up and take a headshot.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Random squadmate does it briefly in this video at 0:19: https://xboxclips.com/ElliotCW/ba472b08-2d5a-4446-aa24-9480e5db20d0

@ElliotLH I eat my words. I guess it exists then. I've seen this. I guess I assumed this animation was a some form of the normal stand sprint animation. Crouching and crouch walking looks more slumped over than crouch sprinting.
  • Phugazi
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I crouch walk often to cut the spread down on smgs.

I do the same for the machine guns as well.
  • dirtyann
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as I am near an objective or an occupied area I always crouch to lower the noise I make and better my accuracy, and I see plenty of poeple crouch sprinting, it is just not really noticeable unless you pay attention.
  • SirTerrible
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol I see it constantly. There's definitely an animation for it, it's just subtle.
    This is only loosely related but I have started to think that the lack of footsteps is largely related to crouch running. Pretty sure people are silent when they crouch run. Such a dumb mechanic, massive benefits (crouch spread + silent) with almost no drawbacks (.000000000000001% slower than regular sprinting).
  • ElliotLH
    5278 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

@ElliotLH I eat my words. I guess it exists then. I've seen this. I guess I assumed this animation was a some form of the normal stand sprint animation. Crouching and crouch walking looks more slumped over than crouch sprinting.

No eating words required man. Unless they're really tasty.
  • BigWyrm
    308 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still think the animation doesn't exist. Plenty of vids on YouTube if any of you has seen an animation of a crouch runner please share it.

I see it all the time. You've probably seen it a bunch without realizing it.
    Look at the 1:17 point in this vid.
    The guy runs from right to left in a slightly hunched over crouch-run.
  • FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen people crouch sprinting yes. It looks terribly funny too. One guy i remember the most was running in a point and he genuinely looked like he was about to face plant the ground but never did. He never saw me before i killed him so i was wondering if the player too was about to face plant his desk lmao