What a dud

PrairieGeek
362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
played a round on panzerstorm last night with a great squad. Everybody mic'd up so we really worked together well. Toward the end of the round we had enough points for the JB-2 Rocket. We held every point except A and D. There were at least a dozen enemies swarming around the little house on D so I called for the Rocket and told the squad to hang back. We all sat about 50-75m back in the grass and waited for the rocket to come in. Was going to be epic and as they had only 28 tickets left should have almost ended the game.

We heard the rocket coming, then we could see it coming. It came cruising across the sky, got right above D and started diving. here it comes down to the ground and........

NOTHING!!!!!
No explosion. Nothing!

The whole squad was yelling WTF?! Seriously? I just missed out on some massive points and a potentially epic explosion. The points would have made us top squad too. I was so blind sided by it that I didn't think to capture the video until after the match was over and quit. It was late and was my last round of the night anyway.

I heard they are supposed to be able to be shot down but nobody was shooting at it. We saw it come all the way into the target. Anyone else ever seen that?

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, but I have let it rip only to destroy a single fortification. :'(
  • ElliotLH
    7300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Been there :( I mostly get "Enemy hit..." myself.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I managed to sneeze as I was picking a spot and jerked my mouse over a house and onto the landscape behind...destroyed the hell out of some bushes on the edge of the map...
  • Tullzter
    1054 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i flew into a V1 Rocket once, that was the highlight of my day
  • PrairieGeek
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Been there. That is usually followed by me getting shot in the back
  • ChinesiumAlloy
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's only true V1 when you trigger it on a tree branch cause the screen was half black during call-in. Those are epic. I've killed so much trees and twigs this way.
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    I HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUE TOO! And it was when we called in a V1 on Panzerstorm at the D flag. I wonder if there is something going on with that part of that map?