Upcoming patch notes sneak peak

Comments

  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye @Sixclicks might appreciate this but Drunkkz3 said they are likely to disable the ability to bipod while laying on your back.

    Macho sincerely approves.

    That will suck.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye @Sixclicks might appreciate this but Drunkkz3 said they are likely to disable the ability to bipod while laying on your back.

    Macho sincerely approves.

    That will suck.

    Have fun trying to prop the gun against your genetalia.

  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye @Sixclicks might appreciate this but Drunkkz3 said they are likely to disable the ability to bipod while laying on your back.

    Macho sincerely approves.

    That will suck.

    Have fun trying to prop the gun against your genetalia.

    I always thought of it as your knees.
  • VOLBANKER
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This looks like a great update! I'm excited. They're addressing a lot of the issues that have been raised with the game.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I respectfully truelly believe, this company has no clue as to what they're doing. And that's why they're where they are.

    SMG's are SUPPOSED to be short range. Now they'll be effective, at medium range, where as an ironsight infantry rifle, that should be effective at medium and short ranges, are literally unplayable at any range.

    Isn't it bad enough HALF the teams are laying prone camping? Why didn't they just Nerf all the OP weapons, and leave the SMG's as they are? Put DICE's brain in a bird, it would fly backwards.

    Heh, after the whole last month of players complaining about SMGs not being effective at at range, now we are going to get posts about SMGs getting to much range .. just zip it and let dice work things out without all the complaining and wait until something has actually been implimented live first.

    It won't matter, there is a segment of players(mostly assault) that can't stand the thought of medics being able to compete past spitting distance since it will start to cut into their effectiveness.

    So play another Class dude. What are Medics use on this game anyway? We all heal eachother. Now we're gonna make weapons that's used to clear out rooms., MEDIUM RANGE?? And with SCOPES? Well, we're obviously doing it your way. Guess we'll see what happens...yet again.
    Healing is much more effective with medics, not to mention, smokes.

    I personally don't agree with medics getting more range.. but I also want to see players happy with the medic weapons so that more players will be medic instead of playing every other class

    I have been completely happy with the medic weapons as they are. I’ll take a little extra range though.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I respectfully truelly believe, this company has no clue as to what they're doing. And that's why they're where they are.

    SMG's are SUPPOSED to be short range. Now they'll be effective, at medium range, where as an ironsight infantry rifle, that should be effective at medium and short ranges, are literally unplayable at any range.

    Isn't it bad enough HALF the teams are laying prone camping? Why didn't they just Nerf all the OP weapons, and leave the SMG's as they are? Put DICE's brain in a bird, it would fly backwards.

    Heh, after the whole last month of players complaining about SMGs not being effective at at range, now we are going to get posts about SMGs getting to much range .. just zip it and let dice work things out without all the complaining and wait until something has actually been implimented live first.

    It won't matter, there is a segment of players(mostly assault) that can't stand the thought of medics being able to compete past spitting distance since it will start to cut into their effectiveness.

    So play another Class dude. What are Medics use on this game anyway? We all heal eachother. Now we're gonna make weapons that's used to clear out rooms., MEDIUM RANGE?? And with SCOPES? Well, we're obviously doing it your way. Guess we'll see what happens...yet again.
    Healing is much more effective with medics, not to mention, smokes.

    I personally don't agree with medics getting more range.. but I also want to see players happy with the medic weapons so that more players will be medic instead of playing every other class

    I have been completely happy with the medic weapons as they are. I’ll take a little extra range though.

    For sure. I've already gotten all of them to lvl 10. Only two were really an issue from my perspective.
  • Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And of course no buff for recon.
  • VOLBANKER
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally don't agree with medics getting more range.. but I also want to see players happy with the medic weapons so that more players will be medic instead of playing every other class
    @smokintom214 I think this is a nice, balanced reaction to a change you are not in favor of. Respect, mate :smile:
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I personally don't agree with medics getting more range.. but I also want to see players happy with the medic weapons so that more players will be medic instead of playing every other class
    @smokintom214 I think this is a nice, balanced reaction to a change you are not in favor of. Respect, mate :smile:

    I am all in favor of balance. I saw what dices grand design was for BFV. Eventually dice will just change the game to be like all the other Battlefields to cater to novice players just joining the franchise. I was and still am a huge fan of what the beta was. It was nearly perfect and what the community actually wants in game right now. Well that is aside from all the bugs and the very op STG-44 that wrecked the gameplay for many..
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great post OP. excited for the patch!
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Edited initial to include news on the upcoming vaulting adjustments
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I respectfully truelly believe, this company has no clue as to what they're doing. And that's why they're where they are.

    SMG's are SUPPOSED to be short range. Now they'll be effective, at medium range, where as an ironsight infantry rifle, that should be effective at medium and short ranges, are literally unplayable at any range.

    Isn't it bad enough HALF the teams are laying prone camping? Why didn't they just Nerf all the OP weapons, and leave the SMG's as they are? Put DICE's brain in a bird, it would fly backwards.

    Don't forget alot of the assignments require the player to be prone.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    Yes that, I only heard that it got fixed after dice submitted the first patch for review and testing.. I think we are getting two large patches.. unless dice is consolidating everything into one patch. Which will be great. I will be excited for the return of rush.

    142yio0.png @smokintom214
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm happy that the slower firing SMGs are getting a buff to range via accuracy down range. I don't see how that change will give them such an advantage over Assault; an assault weapon will still win at medium range 1v1 between players of relatively equal skill most of the time. But now medics can at least defend themselves at range on the large, open maps (which is the majority of the maps).

    I'm interested in reading the rest of the patch notes and what all has been fixed, tweaked, or broken (inevitable). One thing that kind of irks me though from reading DICE's Tides of War article is that it sounds as if they are only bringing Rush back for two months then taking it back. That doesn't really make any sense; why do that?
  • SirTerrible
    1582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

    I wonder if crouch sprinting is silent. :s
    I think that it will be more silent than standing walking like it already is
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

    I wonder if crouch sprinting is silent. :s

    For the most part, it nearly is Silient.. I've been known to sneak up on many at a full crouching sprint

    Pity, it seems like bad game design to have crouch sprinting cause silent footsteps. Especially when players can sprint just as fast crouched as they can standing up.

    Guess I'll just have to crouch sprint everywhere like a ninja. :s

    Terrible game design.
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    some good stuff but i dont agree with smg mid range buff , mp40 and tommy especially tommy are great ( i have tap shot at pretty decent distances , i think leave as is and add a mid range dmr is a better solution, holly cow Tommy is going to be best gun in the game :P
  • Mangrey
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please remove the x3 scopes from Assault and Support weapons Dice
  • ackers75
    2209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mangrey wrote: »
    Please remove the x3 scopes from Assault and Support weapons Dice

    Erm why?
  • bran1986
    5482 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    some good stuff but i dont agree with smg mid range buff , mp40 and tommy especially tommy are great ( i have tap shot at pretty decent distances , i think leave as is and add a mid range dmr is a better solution, holly cow Tommy is going to be best gun in the game :P

    I doubt the Thompson and other fast firing smgs will gain much of a benefit if any.
  • ackers75
    2209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    some good stuff but i dont agree with smg mid range buff , mp40 and tommy especially tommy are great ( i have tap shot at pretty decent distances , i think leave as is and add a mid range dmr is a better solution, holly cow Tommy is going to be best gun in the game :P

    I doubt the Thompson and other fast firing smgs will gain much of a benefit if any.
    Thompson is the only rapid fire smg I think
Sign In or Register to comment.