Upcoming patch notes sneak peak

Comments

• smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mangrey wrote: »
    Please remove the x3 scopes from Assault and Support weapons Dice

I agree, they should only have the close quarters 2x scope
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    I'm not super excited for the patch, DICE can't even fix Company Coins correctly so I'm not holding my breath that anything of substance will be resolved.

It's a shame that DICE can't even get their in game currency working correctly 2 months on.

I'm not sure you can call this a AAA franchise anymore, perhaps only in terms of being Amateurish, Apathetic and Abject.

BFV should not have been released in such a state and the fixes have been very slow coming, communication has been very poor and slow from DICE too. Make the community aware what is going on rather than leaving us in the dark for weeks on end.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Updated initial to include some news on rolling animation after falling
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It seems the mystery of the laserbeam bipoded full auto weapons was finally solved.

Yep. This should reduce the amount of prone MMG campers.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

I wonder if crouch sprinting is silent. :s
    I think that it will be more silent than standing walking like it already is

I wonder if crouch sprinting is silent. :s

For the most part, it nearly is Silient.. I've been known to sneak up on many at a full crouching sprint

Pity, it seems like bad game design to have crouch sprinting cause silent footsteps. Especially when players can sprint just as fast crouched as they can standing up.

Guess I'll just have to crouch sprint everywhere like a ninja. :s

I think they should reduce the movement speed when crouch sprinting. It should also make less noise than standing sprint but more than crouch walking.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No, 3x was a thing in WWII.
  • Skitelz7
    I respectfully truelly believe, this company has no clue as to what they're doing. And that's why they're where they are.

SMG's are SUPPOSED to be short range. Now they'll be effective, at medium range, where as an ironsight infantry rifle, that should be effective at medium and short ranges, are literally unplayable at any range.

Isn't it bad enough HALF the teams are laying prone camping? Why didn't they just Nerf all the OP weapons, and leave the SMG's as they are? Put DICE's brain in a bird, it would fly backwards.

I think you're more confused than they are. Nerfing other weapons would ruin the balance of the game. The only thing they needed to do was buff the SMGs.
    I was hoping they would make it take one less bullet to kill but we'll see if what they did works.
  • Skitelz7
    Hope the aim assist strength sliders arrive with this patch, if not, then the one on the 29th.

Aim assist strength?
    It's already low enough. You might as well turn it off.
  • VincentNZ
    2712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think they are going the wrong way with the SMGs here. A buff to spread is alright, but then they are more accurate than ARs. A decrease in recoil is absolutely useless, the MP34, Sten and MP40 have little recoil and an abysmal ROF. What kind of boost are they supposed to gain through even less recoil per shot? The biggest winners are, again, the high ROF SMGs, that become more controllable, at any range.
    This does not change how average the slow SMGs are in close quarters, and only makes all SMGs more accurate. The weapon class that is already pretty easy to use.
  • Nesodos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Thompson is the only rapid fire smg I think
    Suomi with 50 rnd mag says hello
  • Nesodos

Erm why?

Because assault semi auto guns are only used with 3x scope and outgun recons at <100m. Same goes for some AR's up to ~80m
    Support LMG's are fine with 3x imo but need a bit more recoil when scoped
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

This is also a virtual game. Not real life.
  • smokintom214

Yes that, I only heard that it got fixed after dice submitted the first patch for review and testing.. I think we are getting two large patches.. unless dice is consolidating everything into one patch. Which will be great. I will be excited for the return of rush.

142yio0.png @smokintom214

Aye, good info. Thanks.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That's kind of silly. Stop trying to nerf things and adapt. As for snipers getting out-sniped by assault... you must be crappy snipers. I've been killed plenty of times by good snipers in 1-2 shots on the move. I've also been killed in one shot while tap-tap-tapping away in single fire with my assault gun trying to get that sniper.
  • smokintom214

That's kind of silly. Stop trying to nerf things and adapt. As for snipers getting out-sniped by assault... you must be crappy snipers. I've been killed plenty of times by good snipers in 1-2 shots on the move. I've also been killed in one shot while tap-tap-tapping away in single fire with my assault gun trying to get that sniper.

Heh, it's not even about that :) I am already lvl 20 in recon, I can get lvl 10 with all snipers and self loading with no issues, I have all assault semi autos to lvl 10 aswell as all support LMGs to level 10. This isn't about killing, or being killed. I personally like the 3x and I use it on everything except afew guns. This is about balance. Semi autos are the strongest weapons in the game. 3x makes it far far to easy for many players novice included to map anyone up to 200 yards with little effort. Especially players using modded controllers with a gun like the G 1-5 semi auto assault.
  • Nesodos

Most semi autos have more bullet speed than the BA rifles, can easily be used while ADAD spamming, have more ammo + reserves and less recoil (they also work with macros)

If you think that this is a case of gid gud then you should get your logical thinking checked
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    some good stuff but i dont agree with smg mid range buff , mp40 and tommy especially tommy are great ( i have tap shot at pretty decent distances , i think leave as is and add a mid range dmr is a better solution, holly cow Tommy is going to be best gun in the game :P

I doubt the Thompson and other fast firing smgs will gain much of a benefit if any.
    Thompson is the only rapid fire smg I think

Suomi and MP28(to a lesser degree).
  • alienstout
    edited January 11
    Nesodos wrote: »

Most semi autos have more bullet speed than the BA rifles, can easily be used while ADAD spamming, have more ammo + reserves and less recoil (they also work with macros)

If you think that this is a case of gid gud then you should get your logical thinking checked

So now you're lumping exploitive play in with the guns? Getting a little crazy now I think. Is it the gun or the exploits?
  • DingoKillr
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not this again. Assault are OP with no glint 3x scope. Recon need to either be good or lucky, even you said they need to be good.

• Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

yeah that helps me lots, not, im deaf - lol