Hackers?

aquadilus
17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just a few questions for you guys

1. does anyone get legitimate hackers? cause I experience a hacker once a day on any game mode.
2. Does PunkBuster or FairFight work or is it still behind? Cause i know there were some issue in BF4 and BF1 but I wonder if PB and FF are updated.
3. How do you report an actual hacker? i know you can go to there profile page in Origin, but imagine if we could right click on their name in the scoreboard and report suspicion.

Not just hackusations, like legit hackers, cheaters

Thanks.

Comments

• Smodo77
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. get servername, join as spectater and get proof it´s a real cheater 2. search for cheaters name in origin friend request, click the ... besides the name and reprort for hacks. 3. forget about it, noone will ever read or do a **** about it. 4. get ready for fanboiis claiming there are no cheaters at all.
  • UncleAlbert1802
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can actually report from the scoreboard if you have set the right options in origin.
  • aquadilus
    You can actually report from the scoreboard if you have set the right options in origin.

you shouldn't need to change the options in origin - you should be able to tab for the scoreboard, right click on the player, and a drop down or pop up comes in and you can report that player for cheats, hacks, and then after that get right back into the game.
  • Smodo77
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    aquadilus wrote: »

you shouldn't need to change the options in origin - you should be able to tab for the scoreboard, right click on the player, and a drop down or pop up comes in and you can report that player for cheats, hacks, and then after that get right back into the game.

if that would be the case, everybody and his dog would report anyone who kills him 3 times in a row. take your time and get some proof first.
  • aquadilus
    Smodo77 wrote: »

if that would be the case, everybody and his dog would report anyone who kills him 3 times in a row. take your time and get some proof first.

I know this but if you can see a legit hacker - like someone on rank 7 going 78-4 as a medic - then yeah you can report them - but i think the mechanic would be so much easier than the origin way
  • Smodo77

I know this but if you can see a legit hacker - like someone on rank 7 going 78-4 as a medic - then yeah you can report them - but i think the mechanic would be so much easier than the origin way

true. but i think ea/dice dont want us to report hacks. or why do i have to leave the game to spectate or set options in origin to be able to report a player.
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    There are much easier ways to report someone.
    Just look at Fortnite..
    No clue why they dont make spectating so difficult to do...

Ps: this thread will be locked since there already is a thread about it...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164496/i-hate-to-admit-it-but-there-are-cheaters-in-this-game-currently#latest
  • parkingbrake
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

true. but i think ea/dice dont want us to report hacks. or why do i have to leave the game to spectate or set options in origin to be able to report a player.

I think you nailed it, they made it difficult to report because they really don't want reports.

My system would be to make it easy to report a cheater from the scoreboard, but anyone sending in a certain number of unjustified reports would lose the ability to send in more for awhile, say 30 days. That way the guy who reports anyone who kills him would not be able to flood the anti-cheat dept. with unjustified reports.

Bluehole/PUBG Corp. started sending out suspension/ban confirmations awhile back, I had a couple of dozen messages that someone I had reported had been permanently banned. PUBG is riddled with hack users, but at least they are doing huge numbers of bans and letting players know about it--EA could take a page from their book.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I think you nailed it, they made it difficult to report because they really don't want reports.

My system would be to make it easy to report a cheater from the scoreboard, but anyone sending in a certain number of unjustified reports would lose the ability to send in more for awhile, say 30 days. That way the guy who reports anyone who kills him would not be able to flood the anti-cheat dept. with unjustified reports.

Bluehole/PUBG Corp. started sending out suspension/ban confirmations awhile back, I had a couple of dozen messages that someone I had reported had been permanently banned. PUBG is riddled with hack users, but at least they are doing huge numbers of bans and letting players know about it--EA could take a page from their book.

Would be a much easier system if every report would be counted per player.
    This way you would get a top 10 or top 100 or top 1000(?) every week.
    That way you cab take the top players in this list serious and analyse stats or view clips that were sent..
  • Smodo77
    IllIllIII wrote: »

there is a thread about almost everything one has to say, yet the onlyones getting locked are the ones about hacks....hmmm. even more evidence reports are not wanted.
  • aquadilus

AGAIN... why do we have to go to origin to report a hacker? - why can't we report in game or after game in the summary page?
  • IllIllIII

there is a thread about almost everything one has to say, yet the onlyones getting locked are the ones about hacks....hmmm. even more evidence reports are not wanted.

You know very well that if they allow all those new threads people will spam the forums like little kids whi want their attention.

Don’t get me wrong i am with you on the fact they should do more against cheaters, but the hackusations are out of hand aswell.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Saw a hilarious hacker yesterday using the Lewis Gun, able to one-shot anywhere on the map. The guy/girl/other didn't even bother to hide the cheating, which means some poor soul is about to get banned after someone hacked their account.

Herein lies the root of the hacking problem. Even banning hackers doesn't stop them. Ironically, so much as use an EA asset in another game, and their corporate lawyers will bury you. Create and sell hacks on the other hand...
  • parkingbrake
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You know very well that if they allow all those new threads people will spam the forums like little kids whi want their attention.

Don’t get me wrong i am with you on the fact they should do more against cheaters, but the hackusations are out of hand aswell.

At one time it was possible to get convincing evidence that someone was running a hack by using Cheat-O-Meter or iStats or BF4DB. Someone getting 99% headshots with every weapon and getting more kills per minute than a whole squad of pro tournament players--nobody would argue that you were making an empty hackusation against someone like that. But EA doesn't want third parties interfering in their games anymore, no more than they want clans renting servers. They want complete control so in a couple of years they can roll out a new game while dropping support for the old one, ka-ching. With no paid DLC and the slim chance that BF players will buy enough skins to keep the game profitable, EA has no reason to want BFV to still be going a few years from now, and getting rid of those pesky clans and outside admin control services is all part of that.
  • IllIllIII
    Rwnted servers is the worst idea ever.
    With their dumb rules, they put every weapon/gadget on their blacklist they ever got killed by twice or more.
    Kicking people who kills them twice oe more....

Clans are most of the time little kids that cant stand a loss.
    The would kick legit players instead of cheaters...
  • Head3masher
    1405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why is fairfight not implemented.

It seems odd a lot of the things which made Bf1 better were not included in BF V
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

At one time it was possible to get convincing evidence that someone was running a hack by using Cheat-O-Meter or iStats or BF4DB. Someone getting 99% headshots with every weapon and getting more kills per minute than a whole squad of pro tournament players--nobody would argue that you were making an empty hackusation against someone like that. But EA doesn't want third parties interfering in their games anymore, no more than they want clans renting servers. They want complete control so in a couple of years they can roll out a new game while dropping support for the old one, ka-ching. With no paid DLC and the slim chance that BF players will buy enough skins to keep the game profitable, EA has no reason to want BFV to still be going a few years from now, and getting rid of those pesky clans and outside admin control services is all part of that.

Although finding out who's hacking and who's not is basically impossible now, It hasn't really changed the fact that the hackusations are out of hand. They always have been in BF games. In BF1 custom servers people would get banned all the time just for being on a kill streak because they were apparently "hacking". Only a couple days after BF5 was released fro origin access premier members, people were already screaming hacks with no evidence of any kind, making me really doubt their claims.

Sidenote: i doubt the reason the threads about hacking are getting in proportionally locked are because of some tin foil hat conspiracy about EA silencing you. No one ever seems to be able to put up any evidence a hack occurred, so there's not usually a point to ranting about it on the forums, which is sadly a catch 22 because its near impossible to get the evidence :/ basically life is futile and nothing makes sense
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Although finding out who's hacking and who's not is basically impossible now, It hasn't really changed the fact that the hackusations are out of hand. They always have been in BF games. In BF1 custom servers people would get banned all the time just for being on a kill streak because they were apparently "hacking". Only a couple days after BF5 was released fro origin access premier members, people were already screaming hacks with no evidence of any kind, making me really doubt their claims.

Sidenote: i doubt the reason the threads about hacking are getting in proportionally locked are because of some tin foil hat conspiracy about EA silencing you. No one ever seems to be able to put up any evidence a hack occurred, so there's not usually a point to ranting about it on the forums, which is sadly a catch 22 because its near impossible to get the evidence :/ basically life is futile and nothing makes sense

so a guy without ads hipfiring headshots in hamada from 233m is not proof? cause i have reported with attached videos a lot of guys including one with mg 42 in operations airborne in narvik shooting at the sky and getting 3-4 multikills every time. also just search on youtube they even sell aimbots that they claim that are undetected yet. dice/ea should do something about this im bored of hackers but more im bored of people who are not educated about esp or aimbots and how this works and just say hackusations or everyone who is better than you is a hacker and BS like this. get over it Pc has enough hackers end of story, some of them high profile and show off and others low profile and maintain kd to not get banned.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11435 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!