Hidden in plain sight: Showcasing prone "invisibility"

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    3749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The prone visibility shenanigans have a sequel already.
    In some ways this is a worse offender than last time in my opinion. That third guy should had killed me without dying.

• MachoFantast1c0
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love how you burned yourself at the end. You know you could have cut it out, but I guess it's educational.
  • Hawxxeye
    3749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    I love how you burned yourself at the end. You know you could have cut it out, but I guess it's educational.
    I thought that the third guy threw the incendiary with his final breath. It would be disrespectful to cut his revenge.
    I am not sure how that fire even started. I was using smoke grenades at the time.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    Even on your own team its hard to tell at a glance whose a medic or aupport to get resupplied.

There are class icons above every player's head, though.
  • bran1986
    4973 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I definitely agree this is a major issue and I also agree you shouldn't be able to bipod while laying on your back. Visibility is definitely in my top 2 or 3 issues in this game.
  • Noodlesocks
    1866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    This is why we need limb penetration. We also need better meshes around objects so that my first shot wouldn't have been blocked by an invisible wall.

Both shots should have been headshots.

This also why it's almost always best to lay prone on your back instead of your chest.

video

Man that has happened so many times to me it's not even funny. Perfect headshot but the bullet just disappears. There's no tracer for bolt action rifles in this game (for whatever reason) so it's not like you can even see what it's actually hitting instead.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is why we need limb penetration. We also need better meshes around objects so that my first shot wouldn't have been blocked by an invisible wall.

Both shots should have been headshots.

This also why it's almost always best to lay prone on your back instead of your chest.

Well he was clearly wearing bullet-proof knee protection so it's fine. Balance.
  • GrizzGolf
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is horrible in my point of view.
  • Hawxxeye
    Update 2:
    Yesterday I had to go afk inside a contested objective for a while and I found myself alive since I was apparently looking like a corpse until I started moving again when I came back.
  • munkt0r
    3008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see any issues, just players with low awareness.

Even if you don't see an enemy, if friendlies are dropping - such should be a clue lol.

• Hawxxeye
    munkt0r wrote: »

Even if you don't see an enemy, if friendlies are dropping - such should be a clue lol.
    Well it is either visibility or the average player has grown a lot dumber
  • munkt0r
    3008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Well it is either visibility or the average player has grown a lot dumber

Average player is becoming more of the run-n-gun arcade shooter, we do have enough evidence within the FPS gaming world to posit such.
  • rockin_master
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    This is a carefully designed element so beer lovers, such as myself, can comfortably imbibe while one handing 15 player kill streaks.

My eight year old daughter likes the feature as well. "Look Daddy, my k/d is better than your's", she'll exclaim at times... Others it's, "get wrecked" or my very favorite "get gud". Sometimes she posts on the forum to tell EA what a great job they are doing.

She's so cute. She'll learn.
  • munkt0r
    This is a carefully designed element so beer lovers, such as myself, can comfortably imbibe while one handing 15 player kill streaks.

My eight year old daughter likes the feature as well. "Look Daddy, my k/d is better than your's", she'll exclaim at times... Others it's, "get wrecked" or my very favorite "get gud".Sometimes she posts on the forum to tell EA what a great job they are doing. She's so cute. She'll learn.

Right, it is really a shame she has fun playing. They need to fix that stat.
  • rockin_master
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My eight year old daughter likes the feature as well. "Look Daddy, my k/d is better than your's", she'll exclaim at times... Others it's, "get wrecked" or my very favorite "get gud".Sometimes she posts on the forum to tell EA what a great job they are doing. She's so cute. She'll learn.

Right, it is really a shame she has fun playing. They need to fix that stat.

EA know's her money is as green as everyone else's so they designed a game to appeal to her. She's not going to stop playing. She tell's everyone she's "hardcore" now.
  • cylon0
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the backside prone position adds an element to the game because it lets you blend in with the dead guys or other debris on the ground.

The errant hit detection is what makes this a problem. If the hit detection (as in the little red marks that appear on the screen when you are getting pelted by bullets indicating the direction of the bullet source) were fixed, I don't think people laying on their backs would get away with it as long as they seem to now.
  • trip1ex
    4131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 11

My eight year old daughter likes the feature as well. "Look Daddy, my k/d is better than your's", she'll exclaim at times... Others it's, "get wrecked" or my very favorite "get gud". Sometimes she posts on the forum to tell EA what a great job they are doing.

She's so cute. She'll learn.

lol I bet you have it rigged so every time you see an enemy, you take a swig of beer and your gun fires.

That could get me into this game.
  • alienstout
    614 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is why they need to get rid of bipod usage when lying on your back. There is that bipod, ****?

• Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Update 2:
    Yesterday I had to go afk inside a contested objective for a while and I found myself alive since I was apparently looking like a corpse until I started moving again when I came back.

Lol, that is not really of those invisibility spots either...