39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited January 11
Hamada = Sniperfest
Panzerstorm = Sniperfest
Fjell = Sniperfest and Bomberfest
Narvik = Sniperfest
Rotterdam = Sniperfest from Bridge
Aerodrome = Sniperfest

Well designed wide open maps Dice SHM... Dice loves to feed the 13 year old 1337 COD I'm the worlds greatest sniper with these wide open map designs...

Comments

• skippylarue
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well designed wide open maps Dice SHM... Dice loves to feed the 13 year old 1337 COD I'm the worlds greatest sniper with these wide open map designs...

Except most snipers aren't 1337 COD 360 no-scopers. Sure, there are some stone-cold killers running sniper rifles but I'd wager the majority of most people's deaths come from the other three classes.

That said, it's more enraging to get killed by a sniper which is probably where the frustration lies.
  • alienstout
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have way more problems with prone support campers than snipers.
  • lionking7001
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @American_Outlaw I appreciate your attitude here. I avoid squads with recon in. Strange enough if I join the game alone I almost every time get put in a squad with at least two recon.
  • Player_9jd47hui
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Snipers aren't even a problem and they're easier to avoid than they were in BF1.
  • Finrod_Fierceaxe
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's just stupid...

You guys complaining about Recon is just a joke. It's in the game, they are the weakest class in the game and easily countered. Stop whining just because some toon who used a weak **** rifle popped you a new butthole right between the eyes.

What a bunch of cupcakes...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    That's just stupid...

You guys complaining about Recon is just a joke. It's in the game, they are the weakest class in the game and easily countered. Stop whining just because some toon who used a weak **** rifle popped you a new butthole right between the eyes.

What a bunch of cupcakes...

People will complain about snipers until the day Dice completely removes the class from battlefield. There is nothing reasonable persons can do.
  • ElliotLH
    4523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got to agree with the majority here as recon is the class which kills me least, and when they do it's normally because I'm making myself an easy target.
  • parkingbrake
    1508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hamada = Sniperfest
    Panzerstorm = Sniperfest
    Fjell = Sniperfest and Bomberfest
    Narvik = Sniperfest
    Rotterdam = Sniperfest from Bridge
    Aerodrome = Sniperfest

Back in BF3 there was a clan that ran a sniper-only server. You could use sniper rifles, pistols and knives. You could play other classes (to revive/heal or supply ammo) but not use their primary weapons or gadgets, only pistol/knife. The server was automated so if you used a weapon you weren't supposed to you'd get a warning and then a kick if you did it again. It was a blast, and that I was such a horrible sniper made it even more enjoyable for me since I could get a little better at sniping without being mortared and machine-gunned and RPGed all day.

But EA didn't like custom servers like that, they want everyone playing exactly the same game everywhere all the time. So they ended the ability of server renters to use control plug-ins, and now they seem to have done away with rented servers entirely.

There is more cover on those maps than you seem to realize. There are also armored vehicles you can use to move around, and there is very effective smoke if your squad has to cross a wide street or whatever. Snipers can be annoying, everyone I play with gets dropped by one every game or two, but if you can't adapt to playing in a way that makes snipers less effective then that's on you, not the maps.