This Week in Battlefield V

Upcoming patch notes sneak peak

Comments

• OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Niiiice!
    I'm loving all these fixes and changes. Looking forward to it.
  • Noodlesocks
    2875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything on bolt action rifles?
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

@TEKNOCODE YES!! Thank you! Best news to wake up to. This should help solo players alot.

tenor.gif

This is great news for me since I rely on sound heavily when using my headset.
    Also, the tweak they're making to the better visual awareness of where the bullets are being shot from is huge too.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye @Sixclicks might appreciate this but Drunkkz3 said they are likely to disable the ability to bipod while laying on your back.
    I always laugh at these players. It’s easier to hit that headshot when prone like this.

Not really, as shown in this short clip. Limbs block your shot.

• TEKNOCODE
    10823 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye @Sixclicks might appreciate this but Drunkkz3 said they are likely to disable the ability to bipod while laying on your back.
    I always laugh at these players. It’s easier to hit that headshot when prone like this.

Not really, as shown in this short clip. Limbs block your shot.

I don’t know mate. I can drop them with headshots with bren/Lewis/mp40/emp.
  • azelenkin0306
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To those who bought Battlefield 5: I really appreciate your efforts of being the beta testers for this game.

Please continue to support DICE and maybe in Summer we will have properly balanced game with all advertised content

Thanks
  • YouPayToCampLOL
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    so....no ttd fix yet? well at least ill have a chance to hear the dude with the MP40 before he magically instakills me
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    so....no ttd fix yet? well at least ill have a chance to hear the dude with the MP40 before he magically instakills me

A dice dev tweeted or posted on Reddit that they found a fix. Kinda seems like they stumbled onto it and now they are trying to dissect what exactly was figured out. But non the less they found and fixed the reason. They did not say when the fix will be patched to the clients.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To those who bought Battlefield 5: I really appreciate your efforts of being the beta testers for this game.

Please continue to support DICE and maybe in Summer we will have properly balanced game with all advertised content

Thanks

Don't be so jealous.
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FIX THIS **** COMPANY COIN GOD DAMMIT ITS 2 MONTHS ALREADY AND STILL BUGGED OR SOME **** LOW AMOUNT I HAD 16K POINTS AT THE END AND 150CC ARE U **** SERIOUS WITH THIS ****?
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I think they are going the wrong way with the SMGs here. A buff to spread is alright, but then they are more accurate than ARs. A decrease in recoil is absolutely useless, the MP34, Sten and MP40 have little recoil and an abysmal ROF. What kind of boost are they supposed to gain through even less recoil per shot? The biggest winners are, again, the high ROF SMGs, that become more controllable, at any range.
    This does not change how average the slow SMGs are in close quarters, and only makes all SMGs more accurate. The weapon class that is already pretty easy to use.
    I have similar concerns for different reason, if SMG become to good at medium range it will encourage more Assault to put 3x to play a sniper roll.

A new weapons class would have allowed a few Medic at medium range instead of every Medic at medium range.

Buffing, nerfing & chronically screwing around with weapon damage/specs is commons place in this genre but there is no problem with how the SMG's function. Turning SMG's into assault rifles isn't the answer.

The commons sense "fix" is to give the Medic class a more diverse selection of weapon types allowing them to choose their play style. How does DICE not understand this?

"Let's just turn the SMG's into assault rifles that'll make everyone happy!". What is wrong with these guys?

The thought process at DICE seems too rigid and uninventive in their approach to solving problems. It's fascinating.

The smgs won't be assault rifles and won't be any better than the assault rifles. SMGs will still have a steeper damage drop off, slower bullet velocity, rate of fire, and bullet drag. I would love another weapon class but then people whine about "OP Medic snipers with infinite heals!." You had people whining about the potential for medics to get pistol carbines. There will always be a segment of players(mostly assaults) who will complain about any kind of buff medics get regardless of how it is done.

If medics are buffed more then slightly at medium range combat you will see a lot of Rambo medics running around concerned more with getting kills then healing or reviving. You will also see some medics hanging back trying to play SDM while ducking behind cover when wounded and dropping self heals before popping out again to do the same thing all over again. Hopefully Dice limits the medic combat buffs to CQB and other passive buffs that help more with reviving and or healing and not turning them into the does it all class minus tank killing ability.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully bugs are first priority. Not nerf/buff things that are already working.
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm I think SMG's are fine as they are.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any word of retroactive CC being awarded to use to coincide with the fix?
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D wrote: »

I think 'minor' buffs are called for mainly for hipfire accuracy and ADS speed and movement speed while in ADS mode because right now medic doesn't seem to have any combat edge even in CQB, but I think a few minor tweaks could make them king of CQB if only slightly.
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    narnold700 wrote: »
    Caramac_D wrote: »

I think 'minor' buffs are called for mainly for hipfire accuracy and ADS speed and movement speed while in ADS mode because right now medic doesn't seem to have any combat edge even in CQB, but I think a few minor tweaks could make them king of CQB if only slightly.

I agree, close quarters buffs would be great.
  • GrizzGolf
    986 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FINALLY SMGs ARE GETTING SOME LOVE
  • YouPayToCampLOL
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

A dice dev tweeted or posted on Reddit that they found a fix. Kinda seems like they stumbled onto it and now they are trying to dissect what exactly was figured out. But non the less they found and fixed the reason. They did not say when the fix will be patched to the clients.

hopefully in the second patch. footstep audio and instadeaths are my two gripes with this game. gotten somewhat used to the visuals aside from fjell, but audio and ttd are horrendous. thanks for the heads up

• GrizzGolf
    986 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    narnold700 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I think they are going the wrong way with the SMGs here. A buff to spread is alright, but then they are more accurate than ARs. A decrease in recoil is absolutely useless, the MP34, Sten and MP40 have little recoil and an abysmal ROF. What kind of boost are they supposed to gain through even less recoil per shot? The biggest winners are, again, the high ROF SMGs, that become more controllable, at any range.
    This does not change how average the slow SMGs are in close quarters, and only makes all SMGs more accurate. The weapon class that is already pretty easy to use.
    I have similar concerns for different reason, if SMG become to good at medium range it will encourage more Assault to put 3x to play a sniper roll.

A new weapons class would have allowed a few Medic at medium range instead of every Medic at medium range.

Buffing, nerfing & chronically screwing around with weapon damage/specs is commons place in this genre but there is no problem with how the SMG's function. Turning SMG's into assault rifles isn't the answer.

The commons sense "fix" is to give the Medic class a more diverse selection of weapon types allowing them to choose their play style. How does DICE not understand this?

"Let's just turn the SMG's into assault rifles that'll make everyone happy!". What is wrong with these guys?

The thought process at DICE seems too rigid and uninventive in their approach to solving problems. It's fascinating.

The smgs won't be assault rifles and won't be any better than the assault rifles. SMGs will still have a steeper damage drop off, slower bullet velocity, rate of fire, and bullet drag. I would love another weapon class but then people whine about "OP Medic snipers with infinite heals!." You had people whining about the potential for medics to get pistol carbines. There will always be a segment of players(mostly assaults) who will complain about any kind of buff medics get regardless of how it is done.

If medics are buffed more then slightly at medium range combat you will see a lot of Rambo medics running around concerned more with getting kills then healing or reviving. You will also see some medics hanging back trying to play SDM while ducking behind cover when wounded and dropping self heals before popping out again to do the same thing all over again. Hopefully Dice limits the medic combat buffs to CQB and other passive buffs that help more with reviving and or healing and not turning them into the does it all class minus tank killing ability.

But.....even with the weaker SMGs I still run in head first.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Louder Stuka siren, this makes me happy, oh and the Stug, with this in mind hopefully now we will see the Panther one day!