DICE come out with battleroyal in feb and sales will soar

Comments

• IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mp is at its end, battle royal is the new MP FPS...

Takes some time for some people to get used to it...
  • TacticulBacon
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ah yes, the old "slap battle royale onto a poorly selling game and hope and pray ninja makes it popular" strategy. This couldn't possibly go wrong.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ah yes, the old "slap battle royale onto a poorly selling game and hope and pray ninja makes it popular" strategy. This couldn't possibly go wrong.

Ninja didn’t make Fortnite popular, Fortnite made Ninja popular.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    People are getting tired of 'game x' and are going back to PUBG and Fortnite...

Same thing will happen with BFV.

If I wanted to play a BR game, I'd already be playing it.

Fix what we've got, bring back BF1 Operations. Next time around, concentrate on making a great game, perhaps taking some small, but brave steps towards the realism the game wants to express.

Just concentrate on the game, not on media attention.

It’s not media attention... Fortnite had 200 million registered users
    Pubg over 50 million.
    Obviously it is what gamers like.

Get out of your comfortzone...

Fortnite is free so of course it has a bunch of accounts. Just check the accounts of a game like Roblox which is also free. Tons of users because it's free.

Pubg on xbox is basically free being its included in gamepass and saw it for like 5 bucks a couple months ago.

Dont get me wrong I know kids love the camp fest that is br but dont let free to play games player numbers fool you.

How many of those fortnite players are under 16 and cant afford games regularly like working adults.

Hell my son is 8 and love fortnite, even spent 25 bucks of his xmas money on a skin....a skin.. let that sink in.

Even watching drdisrespect play pubg and other br games it's a big camp fest unless u HAVE to move which isn't very often to be honest
  • IllIllIII

Fix what we've got, bring back BF1 Operations. Next time around, concentrate on making a great game, perhaps taking some small, but brave steps towards the realism the game wants to express.

Pubg over 50 million.

Fortnite is free so of course it has a bunch of accounts. Just check the accounts of a game like Roblox which is also free. Tons of users because it's free.

Pubg on xbox is basically free being its included in gamepass and saw it for like 5 bucks a couple months ago.

Dont get me wrong I know kids love the camp fest that is br but dont let free to play games player numbers fool you.

How many of those fortnite players are under 16 and cant afford games regularly like working adults.

Hell my son is 8 and love fortnite, even spent 25 bucks of his xmas money on a skin....a skin.. let that sink in.

Even watching drdisrespect play pubg and other br games it's a big camp fest unless u HAVE to move which isn't very often to be honest

Keep buying and playing bf, its clearly your thing..
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Pubg over 50 million.

And I see the reality of that, which sucks.
    Games will definitely be different inthe future
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    LithosMike wrote: »
    I disagree. If Firestorm is done right, BFV it's sitting pretty to be the next big thing.

PUBG players want a realistic shooter. They moved to Blackout, and they have grown tired of the armor and endless healing/repairing.

March is the second chance this game needs. Fix the core game issues like TTD and the laundry list of glitches, fix company coins, add some cool cosmetics, and get Firestorm right.
    I don't understand. If PUBG players want realism, why would they move to Blackout which is clearly less realistic.

As a PUBG player, we didn't move to blackout.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Pubg over 50 million.

Keep buying and playing bf, its clearly your thing..

Pointless comment yo something that didnt mention bf at all.

And yes I will continue to play bf cause unlike u I like the game, just waiting for bug fixes
  • Bamsmacked
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The battle royale genre is already occupied by superior games currently. Sure it's a nice addition to the game, but I doubt it will encourage people to buy the game especially when Fortnite is free and is the biggest battle royale currently.

I honestly don't see how the battle royale mode is going to work for BF5.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bamsmacked wrote: »
    The battle royale genre is already occupied by superior games currently. Sure it's a nice addition to the game, but I doubt it will encourage people to buy the game especially when Fortnite is free and is the biggest battle royale currently.

Do you know how many people bought Black ops 4 just for Blackout(Battleroyal)
  • DirtyDog1974
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I fail to see how BF can make a good BR game. As crappy as this game has been since launch I see nothing but a big fail. Squad only at release, no single or duo available, good luck!
  • IllIllIII

It was my last hope for CoD.
    I was dissapointed..
  • Loki_Deezie

It was my last hope for CoD.
    I was dissapointed..

me to but I dont like BR games to begin with. Was hoping COD would take that map and make a large scale game mode with it. Or at least have better than 20hz servers for the damn mode.
  • LithosMike
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Two of the biggest twitch streamers, Shroud and DrDisrespect are playing Fortnite right now and discussed the hole in the BR market. They are desperate for a BR that isn't cartoony and gimmicky like Fortnite. They like the gun play from PUBG, but the movement is horribly clunky and slow. They like the speed of CoD Blackout, but the armor and gimmicky perks/weapons bores them.

They brought up Battlefield specifically as something they have a lot of hope in. They worry that it'll be a mediocre BR mode within Battlefield instead of a fully fleshed out game with unique additions to the genre.

You don't have to like video game streamers, but in the middle of a week day, just these two guys have about 50 thousand people watching them. They have hundreds of thousands of followers, and if they like a game, they have a big influence on pulling new (and young) players towards it. If DICE/EA does anything right with this game moving forward, it has to be Firestorm.

Marketing for BFV is done now. When the core game improves over the next year, it'll be to bring back people who already bought a copy and stopped playing. Nothing they do now will draw in new purchases other than an entirely new game mode like Firestorm. I also think they should make Firestorm a free to play mode. This will draw people in to the Battlefield world. They will see the cosmetics store to purchase stuff for Firestorm. And if they love the game, they may purchase the core game and try out Battlefield.
  • Niebaum666
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they release firestorm in the games current state, they will only bury themselves more.
  • Loki_Deezie
    LithosMike wrote: »
    Two of the biggest twitch streamers, Shroud and DrDisrespect are playing Fortnite right now and discussed the hole in the BR market. They are desperate for a BR that isn't cartoony and gimmicky like Fortnite. They like the gun play from PUBG, but the movement is horribly clunky and slow. They like the speed of CoD Blackout, but the armor and gimmicky perks/weapons bores them.

They brought up Battlefield specifically as something they have a lot of hope in. They worry that it'll be a mediocre BR mode within Battlefield instead of a fully fleshed out game with unique additions to the genre.

You don't have to like video game streamers, but in the middle of a week day, just these two guys have about 50 thousand people watching them. They have hundreds of thousands of followers, and if they like a game, they have a big influence on pulling new (and young) players towards it. If DICE/EA does anything right with this game moving forward, it has to be Firestorm.

Marketing for BFV is done now. When the core game improves over the next year, it'll be to bring back people who already bought a copy and stopped playing. Nothing they do now will draw in new purchases other than an entirely new game mode like Firestorm. I also think they should make Firestorm a free to play mode. This will draw people in to the Battlefield world. They will see the cosmetics store to purchase stuff for Firestorm. And if they love the game, they may purchase the core game and try out Battlefield.

I really hope bf does a good br. I dont really like any of the ones out and that's probably why I dont like the mode. Pubg to finicky, fortnite I hate just about everything, and cod was an ok one but to much drop in frame rate and inconsistent.

If bf can do it right and keep the bf feel I could see it being huge, but only if it doesnt have the included bugs with the current game.
  • LithosMike
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I really hope bf does a good br. I dont really like any of the ones out and that's probably why I dont like the mode. Pubg to finicky, fortnite I hate just about everything, and cod was an ok one but to much drop in frame rate and inconsistent.

If bf can do it right and keep the bf feel I could see it being huge, but only if it doesnt have the included bugs with the current game.

Absolutely. They have to fix the core game for us. Then release Firestorm in a working state. Gamers are forgiving on a lot of levels, but you can't launch a game mode 4 months after the full game and have black loading screens of death, game currency not being rewarded, super bullet instant deaths, and an entire Medic class that only gets kills from within 30m, lol.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Technically, free to play made Fortnite popular.

If you remember, Fortnite was slated to be a mostly cooperative game of players against AI. The "Battle Royale" mode was a free to play tack-on. People tried it out in droves on the consoles simply because it was free to play and never bothered purchasing the core game itself.

I know, I know...facts and all make things sloppy at times.
  • Loki_Deezie
    munkt0r wrote: »

Technically, free to play made Fortnite popular.

If you remember, Fortnite was slated to be a mostly cooperative game of players against AI. The "Battle Royale" mode was a free to play tack-on. People tried it out in droves on the consoles simply because it was free to play and never bothered purchasing the core game itself.

I know, I know...facts and all make things sloppy at times.

I wonder how many people even know fortnite is actually a online coop game that cost 20 bucks.
  • nathanator2
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    I'd have preferred if they ditched that game mode entirely and put all the focus into making a great battlefield game instead. Every other Battlefield sold well and did well without that stupid game mode, if this one is relying on a BR mode to build its poor sales then clearly there are underlying issues as to why so many people avoided this title.

Or maybe people are smarter these days and not buying at release because it seems no company can release a game without a plethora of issues that take months to resolve.